View Poll Results: Is It Time For The O5 To Go, or Should They Be Here To Stay?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • It’s time to send them home!

118 73.29%
  • I’m enjoying them and I don’t want to see them go!

29 18.01%
  • I couldn’t care less either way.

14 8.70%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    We have two iceman, beast, and angel. No reason to assume that teen cyke being around prohibits adult cyke from coming back.
    What killed adult Scott again? I've forgotten

For the record I don't prefer we have two of each character. But the evidence sugggests there is no reason to assume teen cyclops will stop adult cyclops from returning).
    How would you propose he return from the dead?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-10-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

Cyke's not dead, he's just doing anime now

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

What killed adult Scott again? I've forgotten

How would you propose he return from the dead?
    I don't mean this rudely but I don't care about cyclops one way or another so I don't really care whether he comes back or not.

Off the top of my head, though, triage could resurrect him. He resurrected a dead person in "no more humans".

And scott died from Terrigen poisoning.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I don't mean this rudely but I don't care about cyclops one way or another so I don't really care whether he comes back or not.
    That's fine, empathy is not required. Just understand that there are many who do. Perhaps if a character you did care about was gutted and tossed into a ditch, and a massively neutered version limped it's way back onto panel, you'd feel differently.

The fans have spoken, Brevoort.

I know you lurk

Some of the higher ups at Marvel and Disney believe that certain characters like Peter Parker are seen by most people as teens or are most successful in stories as teens. That may be true for Spidy and a married Peter might have been less appealing to the casual reader than Peter in high school or college. I think they want that same sort of reset for X-Men were the characters are deaged because they are suppose to be teens.

The 05 may have been introduced as teens, but the problem is that's not the way most people see them. What people like Brevoort, Quesada and Alonzo truly don't understand is how big of an influence the X-Men animated series is. People don't see Cyclops like he was in Uncanny X-Men #1. They see him as he was in the animated series - an adult. The appeal of a young Scott or Jean is like the appeal of a young Tony Stark or a young Han Solo. Do people really care?

I'm not sure people like Brevoort are going to get it. They'll see X-Men fans complaining about the teen 05 as the Spidy fans who are pissed about One More Day. They'll insist that casual fans who see Teen Cyclops in the Dark Phoenix with Sansa Grey and prefer the younger characters. And they'll keep losing more of the X-readers.

BANNED

SEND THESE BRATS HOME!!!

#SendtheBratsBack

Ultimate Member

Right now the teen versions of the O5 are taking up a book that could be taken up by more deserving older characters imho...ones that haven't always gotten a chance to shine due to Scott and Jean dominating everything for so long...

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    SEND THESE BRATS HOME!!!

#SendtheBratsBack
    Jimmy and Loli Magneto can go with them..

We have two iceman, beast, and angel. No reason to assume that teen cyke being around prohibits adult cyke from coming back.

(For the record I don't prefer we have two of each character. But the evidence sugggests there is no reason to assume teen cyclops will stop adult cyclops from returning).
    while i don't disagree, i feel like they are pushing the younger version of these twerps. because of that, they can keep the actual ones, the characters people actually care about, on the sidelines because they have these little dorks around

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Jimmy and Loli Magneto can go with them..
    Keep mach-2 shes great and you can do things with her, In jimmys case with all the other wolverines floting around everything you could do with him has alredy been done before.