Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Eraser!

5E1738B4-F285-4DCC-9C15-0AB5C945CF4D.jpg
    He might poke him if he changes his mind about the whole No-Sowing thing

Incredible Member

Batman's most powerful villian is Tom King. He's taken Batman down to the pathetic character that is currently in the main title. He broke him worse than Bane every could.

Darkseid?

For the Win...

Last edited by phantom1592; 09-19-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bane immediately come to mind, both physical and mental.

Ra's used to be my pic, but he's been defeated in sword fight so many times he's no longer a physical threat and his worldwide crime organization have recently more used in connection to Damian than anything. So he's Damian's strongest enemy, but not Batman.

Talia's Leviathan is more effective but physically she's not a threat to Batman.

Poison Ivy wasn't even on my radar because the one I remember was the ordinary woman with an army of venus man trap instead of the one that can take over the world with vegetables and connected to The Green, but since she's straddling ally and enemy these days I'm gonna discount her inclusion anyway.

Clayface has all the power but lacks the intelligence or planning so I can't put him up when Bane exists.

Of course, Joker has all the brains and planning but not enough physical power.

So yeah, Bane.

My vote goes to Solomon Grundy. How does Bane compare to Solomon Grundy in strength? I have seen Solomon Grundy take on the entire Justice League. It seems usually Bane has all he can handle with just Batman.
    Even Catwoman has taken out Bane a few times.

Solomon Grundy ups and downs in power level and intelligence with each resurrection, but when he's on top form, he's easily more powerful than any of the others.

As an aside - isn't it a weird coincidence that the two Batman villains (Sol and Ra's) who can survive death are the two who keep dying. That's handy!

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    As an aside - isn't it a weird coincidence that the two Batman villains (Sol and Ra's) who can survive death are the two who keep dying. That's handy!
    Well, a lot of the villains "die" but later actually come back, with some convoluted explanation of how they hadn't really been dead.

Grundy and Ra's al Ghul happen to have the handy explanations of how they keep getting resurrected!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    I think Ra's Al Ghul is a strong contender. He's the only one who truly has the measure of Batman and is his equal in every way, both mentally and physically.
    He's also a match for Bruce Wayne. In terms of power of influence he has more than other in Batman's gallery of Rogues.

I also agree with Poison Ivy

Solomon Grundy ups and downs in power level and intelligence with each resurrection, but when he's on top form, he's easily more powerful than any of the others.

But, Grundy isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Which has really hindered him.

LOL! That's the problem with 'immortality' as a power.

As a huge fan of the Highlander franchise, I used to joke around about just HOW MANY TIMES is Duncan Macleod going to get caught in a drive by shooting and/or run over by car.

He wasn't even the target... they weren't his enemies... but somehow the one guy who can come back to life always gets 'killed' the most

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But, Grundy isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Which has really hindered him.
    He's cleverer sometimes than others. Someone should do a story sometimes where he resurrects as both incredibly powerful and incredibly intelligent at the same time.

Of course we all know he'd die (again) at the end of that story.