Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The super tech irked me a bit, the more I think about it - Tony basically nailed all his spider tech, in a lab in Avengers tower with no input from Peter ... Spidey sense gets replaced with Siri

Would of liked a bit more collaboration, and tone it down a bit ... Anyone could wear that thing and learn tpb whoop some serious ass lol

Plus - how could the venom suit possibly be an upgrade? Would be like turning in a iPhone for a 1980s brick phone

I loved Mac Gargan. this is the coolest that he's ever looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Only part I didnt like was Ned. I found him annoying at the beginning, but as he appeared in fewer scenes and was shown to be a good techie he got better.
    Liked everything else.

Did anyone else want to go out and immediately buy that Vulture jacket? lol
    the jacket was pretty cool. but not everyone can pull it off.

anyways, i still prefer the tone & music of the first Spider-man movie (with Tobey Maguire) to this one. but i prefer this take on Peter. he wasn't as much of a loser; just wrapped up on himself.

Incredible Member

Nothing outstanding. It was a REALLY GOOD movie but NOT a GREAT MOVIE.

This is surely to spark some disagreement but I have some viewpoint similarities with moviebob.

BANNED

I'm so tired of Iron Man/Tony Stark and his influence over everything in the MCU...it's getting old. That is my only main gripe that I have with Homecoming...other than that it was a decent movie overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    good....vulture, and sense of fun.
    bad, everything else...what a pile of crap. it goes to show that you can slap marvel on something and people will like it even if it isnt any good

comics:with great power comes great responsibility
    movie:with great power comes the need to impress tony stark
    A: Everyone already knows the responsibility line and what it means for Peter.
    B: That was his arc. He lost sight of what's most important because he recklessly tried to impress. Then he learned from his mistakes and got better. Did you really think they'd just replaced the responsibility theme? Did you pay attention? This Spidey, as any, is not infallible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Nothing outstanding. It was a REALLY GOOD movie but NOT a GREAT MOVIE.

This is surely to spark some disagreement but I have some viewpoint similarities with moviebob.

I stopped as soon as he said nothing will top Rami

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I stopped as soon as he said nothing will top Rami
    I still didn't think Homecoming, as a movie whole, topped Raimi's first two. That's what I think. But Tom Holland obliterated Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker/Spider Man beyond recovery.

I saw the movie for a second time tonight and... I didn't like it that much. I feel like the movie was generic and bland.

- Too much MCU connection
    - Product placement everywhere (Audi thanks)
    - Michelle... MJ
    - Spider-Man did nothing to build his suit
    - No spider-sense

Mehh in general. Vulture was the best part, Holland nailed it and the comedy was great.

6/10. Something was missing... It lacked substance.
    Last edited by Magneto; 07-10-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I saw the movie for a second time tonight and... I didn't like it that much. I feel like the movie was generic and bland.

- Too much MCU connection
    - Product placement everywhere (Audi thanks)
    - Michelle... MJ
    - Spider-Man did nothing to build his suit
    - No spider-sense

Mehh in general. Vulture was the best part, Holland nailed it and the comedy was great.

6/10. Something was missing... It lacked substance.
    Did you see the video I posted above about moviebob. He said something interesting that the movie was technically not about anything and that's why it was enjoyable. Its only 6 minutes so check it out.

Did you see the video I posted above about moviebob. He said something interesting that the movie was technically not about anything and that's why it was enjoyable. Its only 6 minutes so check it out.
    Yeah I agree with him. The movie is just... there. It's very forgettable and I have no desire to watch it again, unlike Logan/Wonder Woman/GOTG2 which also came out this year.

Incredible Member

Yeah I agree with him. The movie is just... there. It's very forgettable and I have no desire to watch it again, unlike Logan/Wonder Woman/GOTG2 which also came out this year.
    What I really liked about Homecoming, was that it was an inconsequential, grounded, lighthearted fun movie and the friendly neighborhood aspect rather than the world saving aspect. Logan to me was heartwrenching and as good as it is it pains me to watch it again despite its brilliance. GOTG2 I want to see again because I just loved the added emotional depth and I really liked Ego. Wonder Woman is the one I would watch over and over again, that was simply an excellent film that had everything.

I think that the lack of substance from the movie comes from the fact, that in many ways is just trying to make a set up for future plots. Msny things in this movie feel like that, the potential is there, but it hasn't reached it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that the lack of substance from the movie comes from the fact, that in many ways is just trying to make a set up for future plots. Msny things in this movie feel like that, the potential is there, but it hasn't reached it yet.
    It was busy setting up the trilogy and the ''you know, Spider-Man is an avengers'' world.

What I really liked about Homecoming, was that it was an inconsequential, grounded, lighthearted fun movie and the friendly neighborhood aspect rather than the world saving aspect. Logan to me was heartwrenching and as good as it is it pains me to watch it again despite its brilliance. GOTG2 I want to see again because I just loved the added emotional depth and I really liked Ego. Wonder Woman is the one I would watch over and over again, that was simply an excellent film that had everything.
    I agree with you, but I don't like inconsequential movie... It just sound like a filler. That's why i'm giving it a 6/10.

Incredible Member

I agree with you, but I don't like inconsequential movie... It just sound like a filler. That's why i'm giving it a 6/10.
    But that's what it was. It was important because it was Spidey's MCU solo movie but the movie itself was effectively that, inconsequential.