Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

All the mentions of Sunfire in the "who should come back" thread have me thinking about doing some (probably chibi) Shiro fanart today, but I realized I have no idea what he looks like these days. For that matter, I haven't a clue what he's been up to. Can anyone fill me in?

BANNED

To my knowledge, since Uncanny Avengers & post Secret Wars, he has thankfully returned to his default, original look (vs. his previous, irreversible UA transformation, into his AoA incarnation). After SW, he appeared in Lemire's poorly received Extraordinary, which was anything but. Most recently tho, he showed up in last year's more warmly embraced Secret Empire: United (w/the AWESOME Frenzy!), as one of New Tian's mentally manipulated, covertly dispatched rabble-rousers:

BANNED

Luckily, he at least got some redemption, towards the end:

An eXcellent ish, in all respects (written by Jim Zub, art by Ario Anindito, colors by Java Tartaglia), that comes highly recommended! 8D

Thanks, Heroine, I figured you'd know. Now, to draw him with the mask or without? Decisions, decisions...

BANNED

You're welcome, Arachne, my pleasure. And yeah, I never realized, but many fans seem to be adverse to what some dub the 'koi' mask. They tend to argue it's outdated, and silly looking, lol. It doesn't bother me as much, but I'm not opposed to it being updated & streamlined either, or what have you.

My problem is more that it's not very expressive and could be difficult to draw. But a more modern look could be good.

BANNED

Yeah, I'll check & see if I can find more fan art redesigns for him, where the mask is either changed or removed.

That'd be cool to see, but I like doing my own redesigns. I think I'll just leave his mask off for this one, anyway. (If I ever get time to draw when my head isn't splitting. )

BANNED

Oh, of course, wouldn't have it any other way. That's what artistic interpretation & eXpression is all about. Just thought sometimes others' work, can help inspire that, and/OR... go in a completely different direction, lol.

You are, of course, correct. There's just not too much room for interpretation in chibis. They're so stylized already their clothing is what defines them.

I love looking at other people's fan art, though.

BANNED

Has Shiro ever had a romantic interest?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Has Shiro ever had a romantic interest?
    Not one that readily comes to mind. For me, at least. But fairly recently, there have been some tender moments with:

Hmm, given current events, I don't think that one's going to go anywhere.

I can't think of anyone he's been involved with, either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Hmm, given current events, I don't think that one's going to go anywhere. ...
    Not with Shiro, I wouldn't imagine. Can't see him ever doing something like that, given his self-perceived, righteous nature.