Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What do you want to see in the Homecoming sequel? Possible Spoilers!

Ok everybody, what would you like to see in the next movie?

Myself, I'd like to see

1. Jonah. I think he's been out of the movies long enough, time to bring him back in. Maybe he could be a blogger who wants Spider-Man content for his site.

2. Uncle Ben. He's so important to the mythology and while I understand the need to not have him in this one, I think we need to at least have him talked about in Homecoming 2.

3. More of Liz, maybe in an antagonistic role like she has been in RYV and Amazing lately

1. Spider sense. That was probably the only complaint I had with the movie.

2. Either Cap or Hank Pym. Leaning towards Hank Pym. Let's be honest here. Someone's going to guest star in the sequel, too. And I like that.

3. Kingpin. Yes, this is on the unrealistic side of things to happen. But I still wanna see it.

Astonishing Member

-More of the 60's Spider-Man villains, preferably ones which haven't been done yet. Scorpion's a cinch for sure, but I'd like to see more. Kraven perhaps? How about Chameleon too? (in a world with SHIELD and HYDRA, I'm sure a master-spy like him can fit in perfectly). Mysterio? Alternatively, if they want to move a bit more into Miles Morales territory, maybe we could get Aaron Davis as the Prowler and have him be a not-so-bad guy?

-I DEFINITELY want to see the ramifications of May being in on the secret. And I feel this would be the right place to organically have a conversation about Uncle Ben and his death. Look, I understand the need to skip the origin in Homecoming after we've already had two tellings of it in the last 15 years. But at some point, they HAVE to address the origin story of this particular version of Spider-Man (the DCEU bit the bullet there by rehashing Batman's origin in the first few minutes of BvS).

-I want to see Peter be a hero in his own right, not a 'protegee' to Iron Man or anyone else. That said, I would still love him to interact with another Marvel hero in the next film. And I'd love to see a different dynamic wherein Peter is still in awe of this other hero, but the relationship is definitely more equal than it was between him and Stark. Peter can still learn from another hero without compromising his own sense of self-confidence.

Not in the next one, but the one after: Spider-Verse.

It would be a way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary, and gave satisfactory endings to the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

It would be a way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary, and gave satisfactory endings to the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men.
    That feels like too big of a jump for this version of Spider-Man at this point in his career.

Though if each main Spider-Man movie has to feature an Avengers team-up, I guess they could work in Dr. Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That feels like too big of a jump for this version of Spider-Man at this point in his career.

Though if each main Spider-Man movie has to feature an Avengers team-up, I guess they could work in Dr. Strange...
    Four years from now, we'll have had at least one more Spider-Man movie and two Avengers appearances.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

1. Spider-Sense.
    2. Mysterio, Hobgoblin.
    3. Miles and Silk.
    4. Ant-Man guest-starring. Quips and thwips!
    Currently Reading: Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Renew Your Vows, Mighty Thor, Silver Surfer, Infamous Iron Man, Spider-Man, Walking Dead, Saga, Renato Jones

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I originally believed that they should show Miles Morales' origin on another earth, with an older Tobey Maguire Spider-Man being Miles' inspiration. But given the current scenario in the comics and the Miles Morales easter egg in Homecoming, I'm convinced that Miles will originate from the same earth as Holland's Peter.

But instead, they could introduce Spider-Girl as being the daughter of Maguire's Peter and Kirsten's MJ. It would be really neat to see a teenage Peter meet his similarly-aged daughter from another earth.

Astonishing Member

KRAVEN!

It's silly that they have all of these animal-themed characters throwing down and yet refuse to introduce the biggest game hunter the MU knows.

Then again he may be a better cap for the final film in the Marvel trilogy, the ultimate hunter pushing Peter to his limits after running him through a Sinister Six gauntlet, basically pulling a classic Bane on Peter.

With that in mind, Mysterio and Chameleon for the interesting ways they can screw with Peter's life. Mysterio definitely should have been on film before Sandman, in my opinion, and definitely before we got the Green Goblin part duex or Venom. His powers are literally built for the cinematic experience. That also gives them a great opportunity to play with Peter's Spider-sense, since a lot of fans seem to be clamoring for that.

Incredible Member

Spider Sense.

Either Scorpion, Hobgoblin, Mysterio (my pick) or Kraven.

Black Widow or Ant Man cameo.

Jonah Jameson. May knowing Peter's secret.

Original Spider gadgets from Peter himself. His own craft.

Mary Jane Watson. Foxy Redhead.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    1. Jonah. I think he's been out of the movies long enough, time to bring him back in. Maybe he could be a blogger who wants Spider-Man content for his site.
    Parker, I want listicles! Listicles about Spider-Man!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

- Spider-Sense

- Kraven. An adaption of Kraven's Last Hunt would be perfect for a movie.

- Happy Logan remaining in the supporting cast

- JJ with J.K Simmons reprising the role.

Fantastic Member

I'd love to see a hardcore Mysterio ... One that goes full happy Jack .. Always thought he's kind of a sideshow compared to what the chector is capable of

With the spider suit tech in home coming .. Mysterio could really be made something fresh

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

More high school stuff. I loooooved that part. And more Aunt May

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

-Get rid of AI Stark suit, get classic no-tech Spider suit.
    -Develop Spider-Sense.
    -Uncle Ben to ATLEAST be mentioned once between Peter and May, ideally let's have a flashback, and show a little angst/sadness in one scene.
    -Spider-Man's skill set to improve, and see him expand into more of the 5 boroughs even if perhaps he does not become the full master of Manhattan til film 3.
    -Can Spider-Man actually through a punch in the sequel please?