Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    1. An upgraded shocker with 2 gauntlets and a full suit, and having the gauntlets fire actual blasts.
    There's a brilliant scene in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics where Spidey discovers Shocker's name is Herman. Naturally he milks the embarrassment factor for all its worth. In USM Shocker is a recurring villain who get frequently defeated by Peter anyway, so perhaps something like "it's you again. Shocker" would be a nice reference.

Peter graduate so we can get adult Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Peter graduate so we can get adult Spider-Man.
    After the first Raimi film had graduation halfway through and Amazing Spider-Man 2 started with graduation I'd like to see him in high school for a few movies. Besides, the idea of his school being more science based is an interesting one that's worth exploring. There's no reason he can't pick up the Daily Bugle as a part time job (an internship program May gets him on?), providing yet another commitment he has to juggle.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    After the first Raimi film had graduation halfway through and Amazing Spider-Man 2 started with graduation I'd like to see him in high school for a few movies. Besides, the idea of his school being more science based is an interesting one that's worth exploring. There's no reason he can't pick up the Daily Bugle as a part time job (an internship program May gets him on?), providing yet another commitment he has to juggle.
    Peter was only in high school for the first 28 issues which is probably really equal to one movie.

Adult Spider-Man is really more important to the franchise.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Peter was only in high school for the first 28 issues which is probably really equal to one movie.

Ultimate Marvel is more of a basis for the MCU than the 616. I don't really agree with it entirely, but that's really Marvel Studios' choice. I am just glad that Sony doesn't own Spider-Man to make reboot after reboot of Peter Parker with the ever worse origin story with each reboot. It's a case of "I get it! Now tell me something else!"

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Maybe just a flashback of the origin.

Kraven
    Chameoleon
    Shocker
    Man-Wolf (make Jameson's kid the wolf, so that you can get introduced to J.Jonah Jameson!)

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Ultimate Marvel is more of a basis for the MCU than the 616. I don't really agree with it entirely, but that's really Marvel Studios' choice. I am just glad that Sony doesn't own Spider-Man to make reboot after reboot of Peter Parker with the ever worse origin story with each reboot. It's a case of "I get it! Now tell me something else!"
    Actually Sony still does own the Spider-man movie rights. Disney made a deal that has Sony still having the rights to Spider-man movies but now Disney is allowed to have Spider-man with their characters BUT all movie profits goes to Sony. That means if Disney makes a Spider-man movie they can do so freely BUT must give the profits to Sony. That is a unheard of deal Disney did with Sony.
    Disney however will continue to get all merchandise profits of Spider-man (that in itself is big bucks). That was the deal Disney made with Sony to have Spider-man in the MCU.

Now the topic I don't know is if Spider-man is in an 'Avengers' movie how much does Sony get for Disney to have Spider-man's presence in the film?
    Last edited by AngelJD; 07-14-2017 at 12:48 PM.

•Norman Osborn, but not a complete rehash. He could work behind the scenes and finally reveal himself to be the main bad guy near the end of the movies. And I'd actually like to see a rubber mask Green goblin, not a tacky one though.

•Hobgoblin, Could be a bad guy that got away from a Spidey fight and stole some of Vulture's leftover tech. Or Ned Leeds decides to be a bad guy lol.

•An Actual Good Black Suit movie. Even though it's unlikely as Sony is deciding to be idiots again and make another universe for Venom, it'd be awesome to see the classic black suit used throughout a movie for a more aggressive spidey, not an an emo one.

•A Toby cameo. Since Spiderverse is unlikely for now, just a short cameo as him as a pizza guy or whatever would be awesome.

Astonishing Member

He was in high school for the whole of Ultimate Spider-Man, which has provided a lot of influence on the MCU Spidey.

Astonishing Member

Peter is 15 years old in Homecoming. I don't think skipping ahead 3 years (after a cliff hanger no less) is a good idea for the sequel, especially since the original movie trilogy covered that period in Peter's life and they're trying their best not to overlap material.

There's more than enough story to be told with Peter in high school.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Now the topic I don't know is if Spider-man is in an 'Avengers' movie how much does Sony get for Disney to have Spider-man's presence in the film?
    Might have been a fair trade to have Iron Man in a Spider-Man film.

I know everyone is joneseying for the sinister six but I'm actually quite intrigued by spiderverse or superior Spider-Man.

Oh and I want to see the daily bugle!

It's Mysterio's turn. But Scorpion is already on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    He was in high school for the whole of Ultimate Spider-Man, which has provided a lot of influence on the MCU Spidey.
    This isn't Ultimate Spider-Man it's MCU Spider-Man. And it should take after the original Amazing Spider-Man comics more cause that's the source material that everything else is based off of.

Extraordinary Member

Kraven and Chameleon should be the main villains and Mysterio could possibly be a side villain. Maybe they could do a semi-adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt. Have the story go along the lines of Kraven just wanting to challenge himself with the ultimate hunt and Dmitri brings Spider-Man to Kraven's attention, but he secretly has an ulterior motive for having Kraven target Peter. Then, have it so Kraven effectively neutralizes Peter by tranquilizing him like in the original comic, but instead of Kraven posing as Spider-Man, have it be Chameleon (with Mysterio's help) for some purpose or whatever. Its a rough idea of where to take it, but I think it would be a good idea and an adaptation of a classic Spider-Man tale. They could even subtly imply that Kraven commits suicide at the end, having finally succeeded in hunting and taking down (for a time) the ultimate prey.

Since we have five movies, there is a lot more leeway for introducing Spider-Man's more prominent villains. I'd maybe hold off on introducing Green Goblin or Doc Ock until the third movie and then introduce Venom (if they have the rights to him) in the fourth or fifth.

Keep him in high school for the second movie, and then have him start college in the third.