Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I would say the REAL Mary Jane, but then again I believe in the Superman LL theory.
    What's the LL theory?

I would like to see Scorpion.Thats probably happening anyway.

Spider-man actually being a hero and not being lead by a machine.

A villain that is actually a villain and not a dude that became a thief because of what the heroes did.

Hire the guy that wrote the house/car segment and kick out all the other writers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    A villain that is actually a villain and not a dude that became a thief because of what the heroes did.
    Toomes had a lot of depth, forced to become the Vulture. It helped he just wanted to support his family and not destroy the world/universe with a blue sky beam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What's the LL theory?
    Back in the Silver Age of DC Comics Superman had various people with the initials LL in them.

Mighty Member

Back in the Silver Age of DC Comics Superman had various people with the initials LL in them.
    Oh I see

Lois Lane
    Lana Lang
    Lori Lemaris
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Toomes had a lot of depth, forced to become the Vulture. It helped he just wanted to support his family and not destroy the world/universe with a blue sky beam.
    i didnt say he didnt have depth.

Im saying i want an actual bad guy that is evil and shown as evil. This guy being pushed to do bad things because of Stark didnt make him to be some sort maniac but a dude pressed to do bad things.

Astonishing Member

i didnt say he didnt have depth.

Im saying i want an actual bad guy that is evil and shown as evil. This guy being pushed to do bad things because of Stark didnt make him to be some sort maniac but a dude pressed to do bad things.
    But Stark didn't make Toomes do anything in the movie. Toomes chose to do what he did. I would rather see a villain with a rational backstory of how they became a villain rather than someone who became evil just for sh*ts and giggles.

Mighty Member

Gargin/.Scorpion should be what your after if that's the case. VERY violent and unstable. He'll make Peter wish he'd used the kill mode...

Also, there's a quick shot of young long haired guy with googles at the chop-shop. Alastair (Spider-slayer) Smythe perhaps ?

I know this isn't the most popular opinion but I really want Morlun. For many people, I understand the idea of destiny coming for Peter makes them upset because it kind of removes Peter Parker's status as an everyman. Still, though, I really think that it would allow for something different for Peter's story. Plus, I think it makes it easier to revisit Peter's origin in a way where we can see his relationship with Uncle Ben and it doesn't take a quarter of the movie to go through the origin as well. We understand what happened to Peter but getting an idea of how his origin and Uncle Ben impacted this version would be really nice.

Plus, it would allow for some pretty brutal fights. Still, I think it is unlikely. At least for the first trilogy, they seem to be more focused on Peter's tech villains. I imagine that we'll probably see Mysterio in the third one (hopefully, that's the one I've been waiting to see) and seems like Scorpion is being set up for the second one. Of course, that could actually be a weird set up for Silver and Black and we could see another villain like Kraven come into the second one. Either way, I think that Morlun isn't in the cards for right one. He'd make a good villain for a second trilogy though--one for an older Peter.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    But Stark didn't make Toomes do anything in the movie. Toomes chose to do what he did. I would rather see a villain with a rational backstory of how they became a villain rather than someone who became evil just for sh*ts and giggles.
    The main motivation for the previous MCU villains has been take over/destroy the world, usually for power. Theyre normally one-dimensional in this regard. Meanwhile Toomes is a lot more fleshed out. We can recognise why he became the Vulture, and he's presented as a foil to Peter when they fight near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Oh I see

Lois Lane
    Lana Lang
    Lori Lemaris
    Lucy Lane.

But Stan did things a bit different, he used the initials as a mnemonic device. so he'd use different ones.

As for what I personally want to see, I wanna see Zendaya do the jackpot line. Maybe with less poofy hair though.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 08-18-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    But Stark didn't make Toomes do anything in the movie. Toomes chose to do what he did.
    Thats why i said pushed.

I would rather see a villain with a rational backstory of how they became a villain rather than someone who became evil just for sh*ts and giggles.
    I didnt say it had to be black or white, man.

You can create a bad guy with some depth that's just evil.

Ooooooh, that is a clever connection. And could prove spot on. I think it's very possible that the initials were an easter egg and nothing more, like a subtle cosmic acknowledgement that eventually there has to be an MJ in Peter's life.

Astonishing Member

Thats why i said pushed.

I didnt say it had to be black or white, man.

You can create a bad guy with some depth that's just evil.
    Stark didn't push Toomes. Stark made sure that the alien weaponry would not fall into the wrong hands and hurt anyone. Toomes was pissed because he hired all his workers without checking if he actually had the salvage job.

The alien tech was a legitimate danger to the public. In Agents of SHIELD, the tech caused several deaths of people who merely kept souvenirs. Toomes was actively stealing it, converting it to weapons and selling to criminals.

Toomes was evil. He may have put up a facade that he's just a working Joe trying to support his family, but his actions show a willingness to kill any who gets in his way and a disregard of how the weapons he sells to criminals would be used.

He is not a genocidal madman, but he is a killer and was making the world less safe.