Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

what really bums me is that the lifespan of these books are so short that I don't feel invested in the stories. It's a shame. I miss the days where the teams (creator and roster alike) stayed for more then one year.

It's definitely an upgrade compared to last year, seeing the X-men get their own RessurXion panel. It's a sign that Marvel is putting some significant energy into the X-men, which wasn't quite as obvious in the past. Although no Charles Soule or Cullen Bunn on the panel feels like an oversight. But they've got the major editorial staff there so I hope we get some decent news. It may be a bit early for them to announce another X-men event, especially with Secret Wars and Generations going on. Maybe NYCC will be a better time for that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    what really bums me is that the lifespan of these books are so short that I don't feel invested in the stories. It's a shame. I miss the days where the teams (creator and roster alike) stayed for more then one year.
    All New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Uncanny Avengers? X-men books... current ongoings... lasted more than a year...lasted at least two years...

Firstly and foremostly, your avatar is exquisite.

I've said it before but I'll say it again because: GORGEOUS.

Secondly! Questions, questions, questions, hmm....

Can we get some name drops for upcoming talent in the X-Pool -- be it cover art or interior-add-ons?

Might we expect some form of New Mutants focus -- be it their own title or story arc centering on core characters -- to promote the upcoming film?

Can fans anticipate more cross pollination within the titles we're already enjoying -- within Gold and Jean Grey for example -- and perhaps some teases as to whom will pop up?

Yeah, someone has to ask the New Mutants question at the panel. Preferably like this:

With the upcoming movie sure to drum up interest in everybody's favorite 80's teenage mutant team, are there any plans to relaunch a New Mutants title in the near future?

BANNED

I doubt we'll get a new mutants book with USAvengers and Generation X around

I would love a new X-Force or X-Factor book with Havok, Polaris, Forge, Wildchild and some X-Force members

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    All New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Uncanny Avengers? X-men books... current ongoings... lasted more than a year...lasted at least two years...
    These are not X-MEN books! You keep repeating this.
    They are Wolverine books and an Avengers book with Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Firstly and foremostly, your avatar is exquisite.

I've said it before but I'll say it again because: GORGEOUS.

Secondly! Questions, questions, questions, hmm....

Can we get some name drops for upcoming talent in the X-Pool -- be it cover art or interior-add-ons?

Might we expect some form of New Mutants focus -- be it their own title or story arc centering on core characters -- to promote the upcoming film?

Can fans anticipate more cross pollination within the titles we're already enjoying -- within Gold and Jean Grey for example -- and perhaps some teases as to whom will pop up?
    Your avatar is gorgeous ! I'm very much in love with Wiccan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    I doubt we'll get a new mutants book with USAvengers and Generation X around

I would love a new X-Force or X-Factor book with Havok, Polaris, Forge, Wildchild and some X-Force members
    US Avengers is selling mid 10K's, I don't think it's long for this world... It made it to Legacy though right?

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Well, both All-New Wolverine & OML are in the back of the ResurrXiOn spotlight/issue/recap of every X-Men book. So fair to day they are both. Uncanny Avengers are literally advertised as an X-Men/Avengers book.

And everyone knows Ewing's New Avengers/US Avengers is just a stealth X-Book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, both All-New Wolverine & OML are in the back of the ResurrXiOn spotlight/issue/recap of every X-Men book. So fair to day they are both. Uncanny Avengers are literally advertised as an X-Men/Avengers book.

And everyone knows Ewing's New Avengers/US Avengers is just a stealth X-Book.
    ANW, OML are solos and UA is half-avengers. They are not main X books. Plus, the Wolverines (including Deadpool) may be part of the XMEN but Marvel clearly has more respect for those characters than the main ones. So the argument about the main books always getting new creative changes stands.

BANNED

Ok... What about Gold then? There is Old Man Logan..

and going with: before 20 issues X-men books will be cancelled ... Well... How many times something like that happened? One time? (let's ignore not popular books - because we know that Gold/ Blue will have sales good enough to sustain more issues)
    before SW X-men series had 40 issues or something like that. right?

Don't bother asking anything, none of these books will make it past issue 20 before some new event sweeps it all away and any characterisation in the last year is forgotten.
    Pretty much. Either that or we'll just get yet another batch of re-numberings and creative teams.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It's up to editors to make sure that stories and whatnot carry through even with the inevitable relaunch. Bunn is doing his best to keep elements he previously worked on, Ferris and other things. I wish we could get more about Sapna inside Magik's soulsword but Magik isn't even on a team. The whole nuBeast experimenting with magic story is being carried through also. So let's not be super unfair!
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Suggestion/Keep an ear out for Generation X news, since writer Christina Strain will be there.

I hope someone asks about the "Original Generation GEN X" that's supposedly coming with Marvel Legacy to Generation X!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007