Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Maybe you could ask Axel why Cpt. Marvel seems to on every single piece of promotional material Marvel produces, but her solo series can't maintain more than 17K in sales and has been constantly relaunched. I mean it's clear their pushing her hard but are they going to accept that the customers have spoken at some point? That question may be a touch political though .

Ask them about the correlation between Alonso getting hired and the sales dropping 95% from that date to now.

Ask if we'll have to wait until after ResurreXion before they'll ever write a story about a brand new villain, not Sentinels/Brotherhood/Phoenix/other heroes.

Boy, I'm snarky today.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Maybe you could ask Axel why Cpt. Marvel seems to on every single piece of promotional material Marvel produces, but her solo series can't maintain more than 17K in sales and has been constantly relaunched. I mean it's clear their pushing her hard but are they going to accept that the customers have spoken at some point? That question may be a touch political though .
    It's because they actually want to push Carol Danvers as captain marvel and are committed to that push and they truly have faith in a believe in the character as their flagship female superhero and I must say it's brave on marvel's part honestly in the face of struggling sales carol's series has month to month and the overwhelming hate the character gets still marvel stands their ground and believes in and has faith in her and is committed to Carol Danvers as captain marvel as their flagship female superhero.

It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-10-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's because they actually want to push Carol Danvers as captain marvel and are committed to that push and they truly have faith in a believe in the character as their flagship female superhero and I must say it's brave on marvel's part honestly in the face of struggling sales carol's series has month to month and the overwhelming hate the character gets still marvel stands their ground and believes in and has faith in her and is committed to Carol Danvers as captain marvel as their flagship female superhero.

It's as simple as that.
    I believe you. It is as simple as that. Therein lies the problem. Marvel says, "Ok were taking this stand with Capt Marvel". Then sales tank, so they relaunch it. Then sales tank again, so they relaunch it again. Continue ad nauseam. Never does Marvel look at it's original premise and say, you know what, maybe we got it wrong. It's clear that the fans haven't embraced her but Marvel doesn't give a damn about this fact. The attitude is, the fans perspective doesn't count because they can't see the brilliance of what were doing. It's wildly arrogant and reckless for a business to adopt this attitude.

Even if it wasn't reckless behavior, it fits the definition of insanity to a tee.

BANNED

Any questions I'd have would be flippant and rude. I'm too disgruntled with the current crop of books. Sorry.

I hope you have a good time, though.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 07-10-2017 at 06:46 PM.

I believe you. It is as simple as that. Therein lies the problem. Marvel says, "Ok were taking this stand with Capt Marvel". Then sales tank, so they relaunch it. Then sales tank again, so they relaunch it again. Continue ad nauseam. Never does Marvel look at it's original premise and say, you know what, maybe we got it wrong. It's clear that the fans haven't embraced her but Marvel doesn't give a damn about this fact. The attitude is, the fans perspective doesn't count because they can't see the brilliance of what were doing. It's wildly arrogant and reckless for a business to adopt this attitude.

Even if it wasn't reckless behavior, it fits the definition of insanity to a tee.
    I disagree on everything you said but I must admit that's because I have invested interest in seeing Carol Danvers secede as captain marvel I think far too many many people just want to see marvel abandon the character and dismiss the character as a failure.

And the people who think that because her series struggles to sell month to month and that because a certain majority of readers don't like the character for any number of reasons that somehow that is proof enough that marvel should abandon their push of Carol Danvers as captain marvel? and that Carol Danvers as captain marvel is a failure that's beyond repair? that's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-10-2017 at 06:49 PM.

I disagree on everything you said but I must admit that's because I have invested interested in seeing Carol Danvers secede as captain marvel I think far too many many people just want to see marvel abandon the character and dismiss the character as a failure.

And just because her series struggles to sell month to month and that a certain majority of readers don't like the character for any number of reasons that is proof enough that marvel should abandon their push of Carol Danvers as captain marvel and that Carol Danvers as captain marvel is a failure that's beyond repair that's ridiculous.
    So when your products isn't selling... just keep advertising it and hope it catch's on somehow? Let's try a little analogy. Let's pretend Marvel runs a burger joint. One day they decide that they will only offer veggie burgers because they think that's what people should be eating. The veggie burgers are cheaper and healthier so of course people will come running to buy them. So they launch their new veggie burgers and plaster posters of their veggie burgers on all the windows of their shop. They advertise the hell out of the veggie burgers in the local newspaper and on billboards. Then their regular customers come in expecting the usual burger they've come to enjoy, only to find that it's no longer available but they really should try the veggie burger. So because they have brand loyalty, and they did enjoy the old burgers, they give it a try. Unfortunately 9 out of 10 people don't like the new burger, and because Marvel doesn't sell the old burger they did enjoy, they stop coming back.

Marvel notices that sales are plummeting since the launch of the veggie burger, so they re-launch the veggie burger as a "new improved and even tastier veggie burger" which in reality is the same veggie burger. Some of the old customer do come back to try the new improved veggie burger, and some customers who liked the old veggie burger also come back. Unfortunately the customers again universally reject the veggie burger. Now Marvel is really starting to lose money. They've had to let their best cooks and supervisors go, as they can't pay them what they used to. Some staff also left because they didn't agree with the direction Marvel was going.

So now we have what used to be the best joint in town, a virtual pariah where literally no one goes for a burger anyone. But don't worry, management is about to launch the "Super Duper Improved Veggie Burger" and this time everyone going to love it! How long do you think the Marvel burger joint will stay open for?

This analogy makes it clear that refusing to provide what your customers want will ultimately make your business unprofitable. Capt. Marvel isn't the only issue I have with what Marvel is doing but it is a good poster child for a company that's unwilling to change it's attitudes, despite clear feedback from the fans. I can respect a stand on moral grounds. What I can't respect is a company that's driving the Titanic straight at a iceberg and saying "don't worry, were too big to sink".

BANNED

So when your products isn't selling... just keep advertising it and hope it catch's on somehow? Let's try a little analogy. Let's pretend Marvel runs a burger joint. One day they decide that they will only offer veggie burgers because they think that's what people should be eating. The veggie burgers are cheaper and healthier so of course people will come running to buy them. So they launch their new veggie burgers and plaster posters of their veggie burgers on all the windows of their shop. They advertise the hell out of the veggie burgers in the local newspaper and on billboards. Then their regular customers come in expecting the usual burger they've come to enjoy, only to find that it's no longer available but they really should try the veggie burger. So because they have brand loyalty, and they did enjoy the old burgers, they give it a try. Unfortunately 9 out of 10 people don't like the new burger, and because Marvel doesn't sell the old burger they did enjoy, they stop coming back.

Marvel notices that sales are plummeting since the launch of the veggie burger, so they re-launch the veggie burger as a "new improved and even tastier veggie burger" which in reality is the same veggie burger. Some of the old customer do come back to try the new improved veggie burger, and some customers who liked the old veggie burger also come back. Unfortunately the customers again universally reject the veggie burger. Now Marvel is really starting to lose money. They've had to let their best cooks and supervisors go, as they can't pay them what they used to. Some staff also left because they didn't agree with the direction Marvel was going.

So now we have what used to be the best joint in town, a virtual pariah where literally no one goes for a burger anyone. But don't worry, management is about to launch the "Super Duper Improved Veggie Burger" and this time everyone going to love it! How long do you think the Marvel burger joint will stay open for?

This analogy makes it clear that refusing to provide what your customers want will ultimately make your business unprofitable. Capt. Marvel isn't the only issue I have with what Marvel is doing but it is a good poster child for a company that's unwilling to change it's attitudes, despite clear feedback from the fans. I can respect a stand on moral grounds. What I can't respect is a company that's driving the Titanic straight at a iceberg and saying "don't worry, were too big to sink".
    How dare you compare Carol Danvers to veggie burgers? Veggie burgers can be delicious, healthy, and ethical. Carol Danvers is none of those things.

I disagree on everything you said but I must admit that's because I have invested interest in seeing Carol Danvers secede as captain marvel I think far too many many people just want to see marvel abandon the character and dismiss the character as a failure.

And the people who think that because her series struggles to sell month to month and that because a certain majority of readers don't like the character for any number of reasons that somehow that is proof enough that marvel should abandon their push of Carol Danvers as captain marvel? and that Carol Danvers as captain marvel is a failure that's beyond repair? that's ridiculous.
    The alternative to my much longer reply is; they could have just made her book more fun to read. Honestly I don't care if she succeeds or fails as a character, and that's the problem. Maybe its just the writing, which is pretty bad honestly. The art doesn't really help the book either. I don't have a problem with the character concept, just the execution.

It could change we'll have to wait see though until marvel legacy.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-10-2017 at 07:39 PM.

The alternative to my much longer reply is; they could have just made her book more fun to read. Honestly I don't care if she succeeds or fails as a character, and that's the problem. Maybe its just the writing, which is pretty bad honestly. The art doesn't really help the book either. I don't have a problem with the character concept, just the execution.
    Ah I see than that we can agree on.

Carol should date Logan. Might help her book's sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Carol should date Logan. Might help her book's sales.
    To be honest, if Logan was to date anybody I'd want it to be either Storm or Domino.
    I mean, they've both lusted after Cable before, Logan doesn't look too much older.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    To be honest, if Logan was to date anybody I'd want it to be either Storm or Domino.
    I mean, they've both lusted after Cable before, Logan doesn't look too much older.
    So has Deadpool. Maybe Logan and Wade should give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So has Deadpool. Maybe Logan and Wade should give it a shot.
    OP I think you have your question right here.