Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Dude, you're talking to comics fans. You should have known better.
    Identity Crisis is a small story.

Retired

In hindsight, if DC was going to keep doing these events anyway, they probably should not have made Final Crisis the actual Final Crisis. It's become a DC brand--just like Wars is a Marvel brand. So why give up something that they've claimed as their own? And Crisis fits nicely with DC--Danged Crisis. While you gotta try harder to fit War into Marvel (turn the W upside down to make an M and then add Vel).

I think that the Crisis hasn't become coventional for most DC fictional characters because one Crisis tends to overwrite the other. They don't remember most of these events.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Absolute Crisis On All Of Our Earths

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    At this point, the heroes should just take it in stride.

It's like an annual event now. You can't call something a crisis if it happens all the time.

May as well call it **** That Happens Regularly on Infinite Earths.
    In Garth Ennis Hitman the characters just spent time in pub "It's that time of year again. Once we would have worried if sun went out for three days. Now we treat it like an annual holiday while we wait for big guys to sort it out."

To be fair...as Buried Alien argued earlier...I don't think DC have used Crisis label that much. They maybe have overdone regular annual event. I certainly feel that way, but then I don't like big event comics.

When something that is a crisis happens regularly, it's called normal.

Normal Stuff On Infinite Boring Earths

And my post was kind of rhetorical. I love comic lore.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Absolute Crisis On All Of Our Earths
    ALL YOUR CRISIS ARE BELONG TO US

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    In Garth Ennis Hitman the characters just spent time in pub "It's that time of year again. Once we would have worried if sun went out for three days. Now we treat it like an annual holiday while we wait for big guys to sort it out."
    Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Around the time of FINAL CRISIS, DC made a decision to no longer title their annual crossover events CRISIS. Indeed, FINAL CRISIS was the last one to officially bear that title.

Ironically, you would think an event with the word "Final" in the title would feel like the concluding chapter in a series of connected stories. It didn't. At least to me, FC never felt like an "Official" Crisis story (compared to COIE & IC). It felt more like 7 Soldiers of Victory Part II or Final Crisis of the New Gods/Kirby's 4th World. The Legion of 3 Worlds tie-in mini felt more Crisis-ey (if there's such a thing) than the main series.

Extraordinary Member

Funny thing is that the name Crisis was far more frequent pre crisis than it was post crisis. It used to just mean an event where the JLA and JSA teamed up to face a multiverse threat. That's why COIE was big because it efffected every Earth.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Ironically, you would think an event with the word "Final" in the title would feel like the concluding chapter in a series of connected stories. It didn't. At least to me, FC never felt like an "Official" Crisis story (compared to COIE & IC). It felt more like 7 Soldiers of Victory Part II or Final Crisis of the New Gods/Kirby's 4th World. The Legion of 3 Worlds tie-in mini felt more Crisis-ey (if there's such a thing) than the main series.
    FINAL CRISIS was missing Perez or Perez-like art.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In hindsight, if DC was going to keep doing these events anyway, they probably should not have made Final Crisis the actual Final Crisis. It's become a DC brand--just like Wars is a Marvel brand. So why give up something that they've claimed as their own?
    You're right Semi-Final Crisis and Not-So-Final Crisis arent very exciting titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    I don't remember where i erad this, but in at least one interview, Morrison said the "Final" part in Final Crisis is referencing the Monitors' fate.

Also, there was a pretty long time when Crisises were literally annual. Crisis on Earth-Two/Earth-One/Earth-X/Apokalypse/Earth-Prime/Earth-S/The Future, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I don't remember where i erad this, but in at least one interview, Morrison said the "Final" part in Final Crisis is referencing the Monitors' fate.

Also, there was a pretty long time when Crisises were literally annual. Crisis on Earth-Two/Earth-One/Earth-X/Apokalypse/Earth-Prime/Earth-S/The Future, etc.
    Those were names of stories for the annual JLA/JSA meetings; they weren't anywhere near the scale of Crisis on Infinite Earths and weren't annual "the world is about to end . . . some heroes will die; some heroes will be born; and some will never be the same AGAIN!!!!" MEGA-EVENTS WUTH UMPTEEN-GAZILLION CROSS-OVERS/TIE-INS!!!
    "Crisis on Earth-X!" was a story that took place in two issues of Justice League of America back in 1973. No actual present-day superheroes were actually harmed in that adventure.

I'm well aware. I've got all of the Crisis on Multiple Earths trades, and have read all but the last few Pre-Crisis Crisis stories, the ones that haven't been reprinted yet. They were still Crisises.