View Poll Results: Who would you like to see Diana romance in Wonder Woman 2?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Schorr

0 0%
  • Superman

24 23.08%
  • Trevor Barnes

3 2.88%
  • Batman

9 8.65%
  • Tom Tresser

10 9.62%
  • Mala

1 0.96%
  • Barbara Ann Minerva

12 11.54%
  • Orion

3 2.88%
  • Mike Bailey

0 0%
  • Kasia

1 0.96%
  • Mer-Boy

1 0.96%
  • Other Love Interest

13 12.50%
  • No Love Interest

27 25.96%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    No one.

Romantic connections aren’t that necessary.
    I keep coming back to this as well. Steve was great, and I do hate to lose him. But, that's part of life.

Romance is also part of life, but only a part. I'd like to see the next movie focus on Diana and Barbara as friends, well, friends and a Two-Face style of tragic enemies. Kind of like the approach to Frozen where Disney finally figured out that female characters don't have to only have love stories.

I'd honestly like to see more superhero movies without a romance angle, period. WW 2 would be a good candidate for a first...

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

If there must be one, my preference is Io.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Isnt Greek Myth real in this world?, just have Dianna rescue Steve Trevor from the Underworld or something, its an excuse to bring in Hades as a villain....

I say no love interest. That would be fresh. I wonder is there any film comic book film without a love interest. Also, how many felt tacked on. The last thing i want is another love interest which is put by WB because otherwise the film won't 'appeal' to the audiences.

Let Patty do her job which is making an awesome film and go with it. A film without a love interest is a rarity. And unless the said love interest improves the film i would rather have none.

Mighty Member

I can't believe people voted for Superman, not hating on the SM/WW ship, but surprised people would want him in her movie. I do think they could do a love interest if they chose Cheetah since it wouldn't be unecessary or out of place like most of these options. I'd just want a happier ending for the first on screen lesbian couple in a major superhero movie so no romance seems to be best unless they make up a new character for her to date which would give her even more supporting cast which she needs rn in these movies.

Based on their interactions in Justice League, Batman seems like the logical choice. While I know that some people don't like them together, I really do like the way that the JL movie portrayed them together, Diana is clearly seen as the stronger character, even Bruce admits that during the movie, having them as a couple makes sense based on what was shown in that film and Bruce was the one member of the league who clearly valued Diana because of her skills and strength of character not her looks and is even the person who most seems to believe in Diana's ability to bring out the best in people and be a better leader than he is. I know some people cringe at the idea of Bats/Wonder Woman because of how it was done in the JL cartoon but I have to believe that Patty Jenkins would do an amazing job with that relationship and make it where the two characters strengthen each other rather than making where Diana is simply seen as Batman's love interest like on the cartoon. Another reason I would go with Batman is after the great chemistry that steve and Diana had in the first film , a random character being the love interest would just seem really boring, where as Batman would add an interesting aspect to the film and since WW has a great director who loves the character there is no way that Diana would get disrespected to elevate Batman.

Honestly the best choice would be Steve but I kinda feel like it would really undermine the emotion of the first movie if they brought him back, his sacrifice was a huge emotional moment in that film and it would be weird to have that undone. The only way I would support steve being brought back would be if they somehow made him a green lantern and explain that the ring saved him at the last possible moment in the plane explosion and then took him to OA to train for the last 100 years or something like that. I would really only like that because it would continue the great relationship from the first film, and I think it would immediately get the audience behind the DCEU version of green lantern rather than just introducing a new character and hoping it works. Also it would mean Chris Pine would be more involved in the DCEU which would be great since they are in desperate need of good actors who can carry films.
    Last edited by regg215; 11-26-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

At the end of the movie they should bring back Chris Pine as . . . Steve Trevor's unknown descendant. (But Diana would be able to figure it out just by looking at him.)

WWI Steve could easily have had a one-night stand with a woman before meeting Diana and not have known he was the father of a child back in the U.S. while he was fighting overseas.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At the end of the movie they should bring back Chris Pine as . . . Steve Trevor's unknown descendant. (But Diana would be able to figure it out just by looking at him.)

WWI Steve could easily have had a one-night stand with a woman before meeting Diana and not have known he was the father of a child back in the U.S. while he was fighting overseas.
    Even though it seems less creepy than Steve dating his exs grand daughter that still seems kinda weird to me

Makes Dianna seem lame as hell if she falls for a guy just cause he looks like or is related to her first love that age cant get over... not to mention thats some soap opera level stuff, may as well clone him...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Based on their interactions in Justice League, Batman seems like the logical choice. While I know that some people don't like them together, I really do like the way that the JL movie portrayed them together, Diana is clearly seen as the stronger character, even Bruce admits that during the movie, having them as a couple makes sense based on what was shown in that film and Bruce was the one member of the league who clearly valued Diana because of her skills and strength of character not her looks and is even the person who most seems to believe in Diana's ability to bring out the best in people and be a better leader than he is. I know some people cringe at the idea of Bats/Wonder Woman because of how it was done in the JL cartoon but I have to believe that Patty Jenkins would do an amazing job with that relationship and make it where the two characters strengthen each other rather than making where Diana is simply seen as Batman's love interest like on the cartoon. Another reason I would go with Batman is after the great chemistry that steve and Diana had in the first film , a random character being the love interest would just seem really boring, where as Batman would add an interesting aspect to the film and since WW has a great director who loves the character there is no way that Diana would get disrespected to elevate Batman.
    Batman? No. Please, no.

Honestly the best choice would be Steve but I kinda feel like it would really undermine the emotion of the first movie if they brought him back, his sacrifice was a huge emotional moment in that film and it would be weird to have that undone. The only way I would support steve being brought back would be if they somehow made him a green lantern and explain that the ring saved him at the last possible moment in the plane explosion and then took him to OA to train for the last 100 years or something like that. I would really only like that because it would continue the great relationship from the first film, and I think it would immediately get the audience behind the DCEU version of green lantern rather than just introducing a new character and hoping it works. Also it would mean Chris Pine would be more involved in the DCEU which would be great since they are in desperate need of good actors who can carry films.
    Steve as GL? Ok, this idea I like a lot. But, it may not fly as well with big GL fans.

No thanks. The look-alike grandchild may be the only idea I like less than Batman as a love interest.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think they'll find a way to put Chris Pine in the sequel. He was too good in the role of Steve Trevor to not see him again in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Batman? No. Please, no.

Steve as GL? Ok, this idea I like a lot. But, it may not fly as well with big GL fans.

No thanks. The look-alike grandchild may be the only idea I like less than Batman as a love interest.
    I can certainly get where Bats as a love interest could be an unattractive option to many fans, As a fan of both characters(although I am a bigger Batman fan) I think that a well done relationship between the two could be possible. Batman does seem to have a lot of the qualities that Diana seems to value and Bruce clearly thinks a lot of Diana as a person and leader. It wouldn't be for everyone but I think that with Patty Jenkins running things there could be a good relationship between the two that would put both characters in a good light and add a different element than the comics (sort of like how marvel has approached some relationships like Quill and Gamora in guardians)

As far as Steve as a GL I think that obviously some GL fans would not take that well but since the GL Corps has so many members, having Steve be a GL wouldn't mean that any characters like Hal, Guy Kyle or Jon would be unavailable. Honestly to me it seems like that would be a good way of bringing back steve(which almost everyone seems to want) and tying a good actor into a DCEU property that would certainly benefit from Pine being involved. Any other way of bringing steve back (from the underworld or having it be a relative) seems really weird and would really negate a relationship with the two considering that it would be really weird to see Diana pursue something like that.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Well... how bout this... Steve didn't die and was saved by a god (or new god) for a ploy to use against her at the right point and time...

Boom! Steve is back in her life but with the added drama that he's working for ???
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    I can certainly get where Bats as a love interest could be an unattractive option to many fans, As a fan of both characters(although I am a bigger Batman fan) I think that a well done relationship between the two could be possible. Batman does seem to have a lot of the qualities that Diana seems to value and Bruce clearly thinks a lot of Diana as a person and leader. It wouldn't be for everyone but I think that with Patty Jenkins running things there could be a good relationship between the two that would put both characters in a good light and add a different element than the comics (sort of like how marvel has approached some relationships like Quill and Gamora in guardians)
    I like Batman a lot, too. Just not as a love interest with Diana. While I trust Patty, I do not trust WB. And WW deserves her own sequel. Batman already gets the lion's share of attention.

As far as Steve as a GL I think that obviously some GL fans would not take that well but since the GL Corps has so many members, having Steve be a GL wouldn't mean that any characters like Hal, Guy Kyle or Jon would be unavailable. Honestly to me it seems like that would be a good way of bringing back steve(which almost everyone seems to want) and tying a good actor into a DCEU property that would certainly benefit from Pine being involved. Any other way of bringing steve back (from the underworld or having it be a relative) seems really weird and would really negate a relationship with the two considering that it would be really weird to see Diana pursue something like that.
    It's creative, I'll give you that. But, how many GLs does WB want running around in the movies? And what's weird about Diana rescuing him from the underworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Well... how bout this... Steve didn't die and was saved by a god (or new god) for a ploy to use against her at the right point and time...

Boom! Steve is back in her life but with the added drama that he's working for ???
    Circe.