Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    spoilers:
    My impression was by discovering the letters, especially if they were hidden there by Jason, she can confirm that he's the Jason Todd that she knew from the past (he never told her who he was when she thought she recognize him in issue #1).
    end of spoilers
    Oh yes, I see.
    I thought perhaps there was also some kind of significance (that I missed) to the fact that spoilers:
    those letters were addressed to Jason from Gotham Jail.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Another great issue. Best guy Lex will do somethjng good for the team and I got more Jason/Artemis moments.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oh yes, I see.
    I thought perhaps there was also some kind of significance (that I missed) to the fact that spoilers:
    those letters were addressed to Jason from Gotham Jail.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From his father, perhaps?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I myself was a tad confused there. What exactly did she discover with that package?
    My thoughts were of Willis and Catherine Todd and Sheila Heywood and the notion that ... well, in spite of it being a post-crisis/post-year one retcon for why Joe and Trina Todd, the acrobats, weren't still Jason's parents - the fact that there are shenanigans involved cosmically or not doesn't make it less fun for a story where Jason's questionable parentage becomes even more questionable. So the first thing I thought when I saw that fair, and that Jason remembered going there as a kid, was that pre-Crisis he was a circus boy, a little Grayson-clone, albeit a red-headed one.

Lobdell has done such a solid job of just reincorporating all the elements of Jason's strange patchwork canvas of a history that it'd be neat to see him do something with some of the circus-era stuff, too, even if none of that is him "reinstating" the pre-crisis origins, I feel like there could at least be a reconciliation, where Jason did go to a circus fair with his parents as a kid, where his parentage is questionable still. It's very soap opera-ish, but then there's always gonna be super-villains trying to kill him as he learns this stuff.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Good Lord, this book is on fire, what an issue. Easily the DC book of the week for me and then Gotham Academy.
    It`s testemonies like this that makes me believe Loedbell made a pact with the devil. Really enjoy them.

I`m not a Loedbell fan as opposed to a Jason/RATHo fan but I do get a kick out of a writer proving himself to fans. It`s just good stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    After the slightly disappointing Artemis' arc, is fantastic to see Lobdell back to form with this issue. Clearly he's much more comfortable writing Jason and Bizarro than he is with Artemis. Everything on the issue was just perfect, from the small teases towards the mysterious individual's agenda, to Ma Gunn becoming a full fledged supporting cast to the non stop hits to the feels, Lobdell continues to impress.

And I have to admit that it makes laugh that for someone who doesn't like them as couple, he sure as hell loves to depicts them as one

Best family drama on stands right now. I just love Jason being the facther of a relationship rather than the son reacting to his father`s wrongs.

BANNED

Loedbell is totally aiming to incorporating what he can of the two eras in the definite Jason origin. Reading about the questionable parentage reminds me of those fan thoeries back when, about Sheila and Joker having a thing. I wouldn`t have it, but adding mistery about his origin is a good canvas to paint since his parents were hardly ever fleshed out.

Please make Nocturna liable again, guys.

And is the fair simbology supposed to bridge in with the Annual where he and Dick will investigate a crime circus?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    It`s testemonies like this that makes me believe Loedbell made a pact with the devil. Really enjoy them.

I`m not a Loedbell fan as opposed to a Jason/RATHo fan but I do get a kick out of a writer proving himself to fans. It`s just good stuff.
    Quite frankly, the only reason I wouldn't want to kick Tom King off Batman and give the book to Lobdell is because I want a nice 40-issue run of RHATO. This stuff has been great. Just think of how much better Lobdell is using two big guns like Artemis and Bizarro to team with Jason than when King was using Gotham Girl and Gotham with Bruce. It's like a direct comparison and Lobdell > King.

I Love Ma Gunn, and this book... Always entertaining... Pray for Bizarro, lol...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Loedbell is totally aiming to incorporating what he can of the two eras in the definite Jason origin.
    Is there anything from pre crisis that Lobdell has actually incorporated?

Please make Nocturna liable again, guys.
    IF THERE WERE ANYTHING FROM PRECRISIS I WOULD LOVE INCORPORATED, IT WOULD BE NOCTURNA.

and in terms of connection to Jason, seriously that whole mother/son relationship they had, warmed my heart.

BANNED

Is there anything from pre crisis that Lobdell has actually incorporated?
    Not so far but the recent development with the letters and the Fair and his parents is giving me a Pre Crisis vibe. May be a red herring, but I think his aim is to bring something of that era as well.

He kind of already gave us the best Croc since the reboot with being Roy`s addiction sponsor. I wouldn`t mind them going further and bring full classic Crock since he debuted in Jason`s Pre Crisis days. I`m tired of the dumb Wesley Jones. Gangster Croc was the best.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    Quite frankly, the only reason I wouldn't want to kick Tom King off Batman and give the book to Lobdell is because I want a nice 40-issue run of RHATO. This stuff has been great. Just think of how much better Lobdell is using two big guns like Artemis and Bizarro to team with Jason than when King was using Gotham Girl and Gotham with Bruce. It's like a direct comparison and Lobdell > King.
    Lets not go crazy. Lobdells rebirth run is good and Kings Batman is so so minus the excellent one shots but that his work on Vision, Omega man and Grayson was excellent.

BANNED

Loedbell is more mainstream, king is not. They have different styles and visions. Loedbell is more pragmatic, King likes to be more artistic.

King is basically learning how to be his most mainstream yet with Batman with varying results. Some issues are pretty good while others..

That said, i love pretty much all of Loedbell`s Ratho and enjoyed his whole GenX run back then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Lets not go crazy. Lobdells rebirth run is good and Kings Batman is so so minus the excellent one shots but that his work on Vision, Omega man and Grayson was excellent.
    I don't disagree. King is good with the off-beat stuff, great even. But Lobdell would probably be the better Batman writer, as crazy as that would've sounded pre-Rebirth

Bizarro was my favorite thing about this book. If he's dead them I'm done, I don't want a replacement character.