Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Bizarro was my favorite thing about this book. If he's dead them I'm done, I don't want a replacement character.
    I mean...solicits for future months exist.

Mighty Member

Bizarro was my favorite thing about this book. If he's dead them I'm done, I don't want a replacement character.
    Your in luck then!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    Quite frankly, the only reason I wouldn't want to kick Tom King off Batman and give the book to Lobdell is because I want a nice 40-issue run of RHATO. This stuff has been great. Just think of how much better Lobdell is using two big guns like Artemis and Bizarro to team with Jason than when King was using Gotham Girl and Gotham with Bruce. It's like a direct comparison and Lobdell > King.
    Please stop. Two different stories, with different characters are being told, by very different writers.

However, I wouldn't mind having them swap places for an arc, just to see what happens.

I don't disagree. King is good with the off-beat stuff, great even. But Lobdell would probably be the better Batman writer, as crazy as that would've sounded pre-Rebirth
    I feel like at least, Lobdell would respect the supporting Batfam characters more.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I feel like at least, Lobdell would respect the supporting Batfam characters more.
    Why? His Tim sucks and his Dick was meh( although who knows where it will be now) Theres no reason to think this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Why? His Tim sucks and his Dick was meh( although who knows where it will be now) Theres no reason to think this at all.
    I think he does justice to the characters when they're guesting. Tim, Dick and Damian, even Bruce appearances in RHATO didn't offend me. No one was nerfed, even the rogues, just to prop up Jason. Take Grundy for example. Stuff like that.

Obviously I'm still salty about the way King writes the Robins.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 07-12-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I strongly disagree. His Tim was very solid and was only harmed by editorial not knowing what they wanted to do with the TT while his Dick was also very well handled on the few screen time he had. Even the rough Dick from RHATO 17 was also an editorial indictment to line up with Snyder's plans.

And King's DC output has been mediocre at best and incredibly presumptuous so yeah, put Lobdell on Batman and I'll add two copies of Batman to my pull list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Please stop. Two different stories, with different characters are being told, by very different writers.

However, I wouldn't mind having them swap places for an arc, just to see what happens.
    Please stop what? Making totally awesome points?

As for your other sentence I bolded, I agree. Just for one arc, though. I want to see Lobdell completel his RHATO volume 2.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I strongly disagree. His Tim was very solid and was only harmed by editorial not knowing what they wanted to do with the TT while his Dick was also very well handled on the few screen time he had. Even the rough Dick from RHATO 17 was also an editorial indictment to line up with Snyder's plans.

And King's DC output has been mediocre at best and incredibly presumptuous so yeah, put Lobdell on Batman and I'll add two copies of Batman to my pull list.
    Yeah I suppose opinions and all, but there was nothing really good about his Tim imo, and his Dick was like most writers Dick which is non-offensive enough. On the other hand, I had no problem with Kings Tim or Jason and greatly enjoyed his work on Grayson so mediocre and incredibly presumptuous isn't how I'd describe it.
    Then again, that's how I would describe Snyder's run but people love it so wtf do I know.

Seriously, I see nothing to suggest any of the current writers would do some excellent job writing the Batman or the family. Lobdell's current run is good, but overall as a writer Kings let me down less and in the end they write two totally different ways anyway, and it's okay to enjoy one over the other.

BANNED

Tim`s handling by Loedbell was weird but there is a difference. Tim in RATHO was good, in Titans he wasn`t.

Didn't read much of Teen Titans. What's your opinion on Tim?
    Last edited by G-Potion; 07-13-2017 at 06:42 AM.

They are the DARK TRINITY.. IS IMPOSSIBLE REPLACE HIM.

Red Hood Outlaws 14

bizz.jpg

“Bizarro Reborn” part one! Bizarro is back and he’s better than ever! He’s stronger, he’s faster and now he’s a genius! As if that weren’t enough to deal with, things only get more complicated when the Outlaws find themselves in the crosshairs of the one and only Batwoman, who will stop at nothing to take down the infamous Red Hood!
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-13-2017 at 07:30 AM.

BANNED

Some of us don't read or just barely skim solicits so there are no spoilers!

Let that person who is worried about Bizarro be worried. That's the writer intent!

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    They are the DARK TRINITY.. IS IMPOSSIBLE REPLACE HIM.

Red Hood Outlaws 14

“Bizarro Reborn” part one! Bizarro is back and he’s better than ever! He’s stronger, he’s faster and now he’s a genius! As if that weren’t enough to deal with, things only get more complicated when the Outlaws find themselves in the crosshairs of the one and only Batwoman, who will stop at nothing to take down the infamous Red Hood!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Didn't read much of Teen Titans. What's your opinion on Tim?
    It was some garbage. One of the worst N52 books and characters that got butchered.

BANNED

Some of us don't read or just barely skim solicits so there are no spoilers!

Let that person who is worried about Bizarro be worried. That's the writer intent!
    Haha yeah I was half a mind to respond the poster "Oh, you`re worried? Then read to find out if you should be".

That said, for all intents and purposes, who`s to say it`s exactly the same Bizarro