Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Flash 26 Preview

The future again... No, not Reverse Flash future:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co.../?sf96317798=1

Those statues...That's Jay, Jesse, and Max !

I wonder...is the "Wally" they mention OG!Wally while the cause of this storm is Wally II? Barry saying "I'm sorry I wasn't always there for you" feels like something he would say about Wally II given their volatile relationship. I doubt he'd ever say that about Thawne.

Or maybe it's an evil version of the Tornado Twins?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I think I spot Wally's Post-FLASH REBIRTH (2009) costume among the statues too.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an Impulse statue, though I guess these all represent the Statesmen (and women) of The Flash legacy.

Always Rakzo

Really liked this one. Once again, Williamson has done his homework about The Flash's history and offers a lot of easter eggs for fans including some twists in classic characters like the Tornado Twins (I wouldn't mind to see more of this particular incarnation). Not to mention that I love how Thawne appears here, really manipulative and smart.

Porter's art was decent, pretty vibrant but sadly some of the proportions looked off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Really liked this one. Once again, Williamson has done his homework about The Flash's history and offers a lot of easter eggs for fans including some twists in classic characters like the Tornado Twins (I wouldn't mind to see more of this particular incarnation). Not to mention that I love how Thawne appears here, really manipulative and smart.

Porter's art was decent, pretty vibrant but sadly some of the proportions looked off.
    Yeah 100%, I keep telling people, this flash run has gone up another level since rogues reloaded , like you said so many Easter eggs and so far a really enjoyable well written action packed arc.

Loved the Art on this one. Porter had art detail in one of the issues of the Button right?.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I wonder if there's any truth to this future Thawne's showing.

The Tornado Twins never had a father in their lives.

It's fair to assume, though, that maybe having a dad in jail may have a different impact on a kid than having a dad who became in dying to save the universe. Also, they grew up in a different time, apparently. (XXI century instead of XXX).

I think it's fair to assume that true or not, this future will not come to pass, regardless.

PS: Boy, Porter keeps getting better.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Was a good issue. I usually like stories involving Reverse Flash, as he was the villain Flash was up against in the first comic I bought of that title back in the early 80s.

So I guess something happened (maybe Manhattan related) that turned the Tornado Twins into villains by messing with the timeline. Thawne even outright admitted this wasn't how things used to be, because he remembers the original timeline (because Manhattan basically restored him).

I wonder if this is all going to tie-in to how Bart comes back?

And poor Barry and Iris .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that future will remain official.

I also don't want Bart's dad to be a villain.

I mean, could we have one speedster with no daddy issues?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess something happened (maybe Manhattan related) that turned the Tornado Twins into villains by messing with the timeline. Thawne even outright admitted this wasn't how things used to be, because he remembers the original timeline (because Manhattan basically restored him).

I imagine Bart will return as a result of Barry and Iris preventing this Bad Future.

This issue was great. The story is progressing well and I liked the art.

The Tornado Twins being in this issue shocked me. But like BohemiaDrinker said, I don't think it will be permanent.

I loved Eobard in this issue, he acted like a twisted Therapist. Williamson knows how to make the Reverse Flash entertaining.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    This issue was great. The story is progressing well and I liked the art.

The Tornado Twins being in this issue shocked me. But like BohemiaDrinker said, I don't think it will be permanent.

I loved Eobard in this issue, he acted like a twisted Therapist. Williamson knows how to make the Reverse Flash entertaining.
    I liked this issue FAR more than the last. Honestly... with the outcome of Rebirth on the horizon how much of what we are reading will be permanent?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I thought this issue was great. The opening definitely grabbed my attention. Even if it was just a brief "possible" future, we rarely get a meaningful "elseworlds" type of re imagining of the Flash, and those few pages were definitely cool. Bearded Barry facing the consequences of his absence and his terribly powerful children is something I liked a lot.

I was let down a little bit toward the end of the issue with the dead mom/dad in jail stuff hitting us over the head yet again, but Reverse Flash acting like the "twisted therapist" as someone mentioned is definitely something I like, and Barry being "too nice" and feeling guilty because of his well-intentioned secrecy is in line with his character. I look forward to reading how he overcomes it. Not sure about the cliffhanger but we'll see what happens. I also like that Reverse Flash keeps mentioning the changes to Barry's history and hope he gets his memories back.