Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Out of curiosity, what happened to the SpeedForce keeping Barry young? And by extension, Iris? These split continuities are confuzzling, I feel like I'm reading separate era flash books spliced together. It's a tight balance between keeping Flash fresh but not a reread of the silver age blow by blow.

Funny thing, tho. The tornado twins were never that powerful. In fact they were far less powerful than Barry. Why so many artists on this book? For a top tier character it's kinda strange. Good callout to the black flash, as theories went that Barry has both aspects of the speedforce. We saw evidence of this during the other Rebirth series. Thawne just wants Barry all to himself!
    Last edited by BooCoo; 07-21-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

OMG ! I just read this ( I'm a little behind on my reading ) ! Great issue. Williamson is just getting better and better. I can't believe the fact that Don and Dawn showing up wasn't bigger news! As for the rebirth mystery. ..I'm starting to think that maybe Bart Allen is in that prison with Tim Drake instead of Connor. Hopefully there both in there though.
    Last edited by Gotham Thrasher; 07-24-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Williamson is really finding his groove. If I was not a huge fan of the flash I probably would have dropped this after the Godspeed stuff but I am thankful I did not and his stories keep getting better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Williamson is really finding his groove. If I was not a huge fan of the flash I probably would have dropped this after the Godspeed stuff but I am thankful I did not and his stories keep getting better.
    Yeah he's hitting top gear now, I agree the Godspeed story is forgettable but it serves its purpose and for me, this is one of the best books in rebirth at moment..it soo good to say that about a flash book and with grodd, Jesse and hopefully johnny quick to return also, I can see it only getting better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And poor Barry and Iris .
    Yeah, but at least we can blame the affects of the negative speed force on their ongoing problems at the end, since she was so adamant about sticking with Barry last issue and they were just about to embrace when the shock affected her. It's a way to create artificial drama that serves the story where there otherwise wouldn't have bee any.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, but at least we can blame the affects of the negative speed force on their ongoing problems at the end, since she was so adamant about sticking with Barry last issue and they were just about to embrace when the shock affected her. It's a way to create artificial drama that serves the story where there otherwise wouldn't have bee any.
    I liked that touch as well. I just hope Barry gets to a good place soon. With another "YOU KILLED MY MOTHER" scream, Barry seems awfully tortured and they're going with the theme that he's always been alone. I otherwise liked this last arc but I don't like when his present troubles are tied into a seemingly lifelong sadness.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I liked that touch as well. I just hope Barry gets to a good place soon. With another "YOU KILLED MY MOTHER" scream, Barry seems awfully tortured and they're going with the theme that he's always been alone. I otherwise liked this last arc but I don't like when his present troubles are tied into a seemingly lifelong sadness.
    Especially as it doesn't ring true with Barry's traditional portrayal; he has always been among the most upbeat, cheerful DC heroes.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

When was the last time Barry seemed relatively happy in this series? The Shade two-parter? That issue where Wally takes over so he can go on his first date with Iris? The Rogues arc?

I guess we're in the "Flash season 3" portion of this run .

Was there no discussion on #27 and #28?

When was the last time Barry seemed relatively happy in this series? The Shade two-parter? That issue where Wally takes over so he can go on his first date with Iris? The Rogues arc?

I guess we're in the "Flash season 3" portion of this run .
    Looks like the last two issues haven't really helped.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Looks like the last two issues haven't really helped.
    Don't you know it's against the rules of DC to give Barry Allen anything good? All of his stories have to end with a Pyrrhic Victory or have the villains flat out beat him. I mean, can you name one story since Flashpoint that hasn't ended like that?
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Don't you know it's against the rules of DC to give Barry Allen anything good? All of his stories have to end with a Pyrrhic Victory or have the villains flat out beat him. I mean, can you name one story since Flashpoint that hasn't ended like that?
    He's beat The Rogues.

He and Wally beat Godspeed.

He saved The Shade and his relationship with Hope (with some help from Wally).

He's stopped Grodd multiple times across this continuity.

He's beat The Rogues.

He and Wally beat Godspeed.

He saved The Shade and his relationship with Hope (with some help from Wally).

He's stopped Grodd multiple times across this continuity.
    Good points, I think he stays losing to Thawne though.

Does anybody have other thoughts on the last two issues? Weird there was no discussion.

NuWally seems to be on the backburner for a bit.

Good points, I think he stays losing to Thawne though.

Does anybody have other thoughts on the last two issues? Weird there was no discussion.

NuWally seems to be on the backburner for a bit.
    Well, he basically "beat" Thawne by taking his speed away. We also don't know what Barry would've done to Thawne if Iris hadn't killed him (though it seems he ultimately didn't plan on killing him).

I'm curious to see where the current mystery at the CCPD is going and how Barry is going to master his powers, or if it's just waiting out until the Negative Speed Force leaves him.

Something about that redheaded CI seems suspicious to me.

The recent solicits have Wally II back in action so it seems like Williamson is finally going to rebuild their relationship as Wally tries to help Barry.

Mighty Member

Well, he basically "beat" Thawne by taking his speed away. We also don't know what Barry would've done to Thawne if Iris hadn't killed him (though it seems he ultimately didn't plan on killing him).

I'm curious to see where the current mystery at the CCPD is going and how Barry is going to master his powers, or if it's just waiting out until the Negative Speed Force leaves him.
    That would be kind of weak if it just eventually leaves him.