Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Ok, it has to be asked...where, in all nine hells, did Emma Frost come from and why did she join what should have been a completely FF-centric group? I am quite disappointed that they didn't go with She-Hulk, Crystal, or even Frankie Raye/Nova (hey, her happening to be in the vicinity of Earth and able to briefly team-up with three humans/mortals couldn't be any more out of left field than Emma Frost's presence outside of an X-book) for the fourth member of the party.

Come to think of it, Shulkie, Crystal, and Frankie Raye/Nova would easily, EASILY be my preferred trio surrounding Sue for an A-Force style FF.
    This is because she was Emma was going through this reform phase (she recently turned back to villain) where she was on the X-Men, etc. She wasn't even liked by the rest of the group as I recall and was pretty snarky. I'd have to go pull that up again

Nice to see you here again, Maven!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There was a story something like this in the Marvel Knights Fantastic Four with Sue, Sharon Ventura, Alicia and Emma Frost (who really doesn't fit in with that group at all).

Not one of my favorites because it has to do with T'Challa making some serious moves on Sue when they first meet in Wakanda in a "between the pages" story. For one thing Reed and Sue hadn't even had time to go on their honeymoon yet and I think it put T'Challa in a bad light also to be after a new bride.
    she's a wealthy blonde woman. she fits in better than Sharon Ventura (wonder which characterization/form they went w/). should have been Janet Van Dyne and Jennifer Walters joining Sue and Alicia, imo.

alternate reality huh? i'll try to keep to the theme of the team. the Fantastic Four are eXtreme explorers. I'm using an earlier time period so that everyone involved would be college age/grad students)

THE FANTASTIC FOUR
    (named by a one night stand of Moy's - formerly known as "The Science Coven" - a rag tag group of highly accomplished lethally brilliant and drop dead gorgeous young S.T.E.M students)

GRAVITY GAL [Alyssa Moy] the alpha female physicist of the original group - she organizes the life changing trip into the Negative Zone – the experience has left her with the ability to manipulate gravitons and anti-gravitons.

FLOWER %&*#* [Monica Rappaccini] Alyssa's completey amoral down-for-anything partner in crime and aspiring epidemiologist – she now has a psychic link to vegetation and until the end of the week to think up a name that he media doesn’t have to censor

STRUCTURE [Deidre Wentworth] The overly studious "den mother" of the group; multi-disciplined but a biochemist by trade – her now much statuesque (she-hulk size) and athletic body was made virtually indestructible by exposure to the Negative Zone event – this is later revealed to be the result of her inner desires and only a small fraction of her new ability to influence her own genetic structure

CLIQUE [Kashmir Vennema] materialisitc and exceedingly ambitious rich girl who tends to butt heads with Alyssa while dual majoring in business & engineering; most likely to exploit the riches of another dimension - given the ability to replicate herself - later discovered to be the ability to call upon the Kashmir Vennema's of other dimensions; they don’t all get along)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she's a wealthy blonde woman. she fits in better than Sharon Ventura (wonder which characterization/form they went w/). should have been Janet Van Dyne and Jennifer Walters joining Sue and Alicia, imo.
    Oh yeah, Jan and Jennifer I agree. I'm gonna have to look up that issue and see. Maybe Jen and Alicia were there.

She knew Sharon from the time when Ben picked her for the team and then for just about all of the Simonson run. So at least they knew each other. There was no reason Emma would be there because she didn't even seem to like anyone in that group. It's just that her star was on the rise back in 2004-2006.

Oh yeah, Jan and Jennifer I agree. I'm gonna have to look up that issue and see. Maybe Jen and Alicia were there.

She knew Sharon from the time when Ben picked her for the team and then for just about all of the Simonson run. So at least they knew each other. There was no reason Emma would be there because she didn't even seem to like anyone in that group. It's just that her star was on the rise back in 2004-2006.
    well it was part of integrating the X-Men into the larger marvel universe. but don't forget that Emma Frost has spent most of her career as a teacher. Leech and Arthur Maddicks were her wards for some time. and, if I'm not mistaken, Franklin visited the Massachusetts Academy; as a friend of Artie and Leech. Frost is also a socialite. she knew Tony Stark and someone as obscure as Dwayne Taylor. being that things are centralized in the Marvel Universe (all the action is in New York), it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sue had met Emma at some charity. I kind of remember seeing Sue at a fashion show once or twice. they could have met there, as well. and Emma doesn't like anyone; even the people she hangs out with.

doesn't count because it's House of M. but it's something...

yikes. I think they are more frenemies than friends; probably met through Namor.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The obvious team would be Sue Richards, Crystal, Medusa, and She-Hulk.
    These would be my first picks too.

To add some teams for the thread how about
    "Future" FF - Adult Valeria, She-Hulk (Lyra), Ms. Marvel, and Spider-Girl (May or Anne)
    "Fantaxic Four" - Makic and Genderbent Colossus to keep the sibling dynamic, Jubilee for the mother dynamic, and Danger for the science stuff
    The First Ladies - Invisible Woman, Wasp, Jean Grey, and Medusa

BANNED

Invisible Woman
    Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    She-Hulk
    Squirrel Girl

But 4 isnt enough.

Adding...

Pressure from MAlibu Comics
    Rogue
    Molly Hayes
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-10-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    yikes. I think they are more frenemies than friends; probably met through Namor.

Looked up Marvel Knights #21 and found this panel interesting. This was long before Emma and Namor would be on the same team in A v X.

Looked up Marvel Knights #21 and found this panel interesting. This was long before Emma and Namor would be on the same team in A v X.

You have to wonder how many times Sue has had to answer that Namor question .

Emma eating a hot dog feels weird.

Yeah, even going to a hot dog place in NYC doesn't seem like her kind of place. Hot dogs and coconut juice just ain't right either. Beer or a Coke maybe.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thanks for all of the great suggestions.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would go with Sue, Jenn, Ororo and Medusa. All lovely smart confident ladies who have pave the way for other super heroines for years.

All-New Member

For an alternate reality team, I'd like to see:

- Susan Storm, biochemist, who becomes the Invisible Woman.
    - Alyssa Moy, physicist and engineer who becomes the super-fluid Ms. Fantastic.
    - Frankie Raye, engineering student who becomes the Human Torch.
    - Sharon Ventura, test pilot, who becomes Statuesque, a woman of living stone.

A bit of a stretch (no pun intended) but uses FF-based characters and keeps the elemental theme of the Fantastic Four.