Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I can't wait for Seeley to write Helena again!

Kind of. But I'll think she belongs better with Black Canary over Nightwing. They were always a great double act as BoP field agents and the BoP had a dynamic ragtag team dynamic. I just feel like maybe the Benson's haven't got the right groove yet for Helena but I still like some of the things they've done with her.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm really excited for Helena's teaching issue coming up. Really, really excited.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Kind of. But I'll think she belongs better with Black Canary over Nightwing. They were always a great double act as BoP field agents and the BoP had a dynamic ragtag team dynamic. I just feel like maybe the Benson's haven't got the right groove yet for Helena but I still like some of the things they've done with her.
    I get what your saying but this Helena Betenelli was practically a new character when she debuted in Grayson. The Helena in BOP is a watered down version of both characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Anyone else disappointed that Helenas role in infiltrating this place is stealing a jumpsuit? She used to be able to stare down and threaten the leaders of dangerous spy organisations and she's now reduced to tactics that are just a rung above a fake moustache. I mean this should be an obvious chance to let her shine.
    Yeah, I am not getting the sense this is supposed to be the same character we came to know as Matron in the Grayson book. It's more like the Earth-2 Helena, but with the main Earth's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Yeah, I am not getting the sense this is supposed to be the same character we came to know as Matron in the Grayson book. It's more like the Earth-2 Helena, but with the main Earth's skin.
    Earth-2 Helena was a teacher with anger management issues?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Always Rakzo

This wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The characterization is adequate with an on-point Selina but at the same time doesn't reveal anything particularly new about her. The character dynamics continue to be the highlight but the story is not that interesting. It was cool to see Ivy though and hopefully her history with the team will be revisited.

Antonio's art was... okay, not as polished as previous entries sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The characterization is adequate with an on-point Selina but at the same time doesn't reveal anything particularly new about her. The character dynamics continue to be the highlight but the story is not that interesting. It was cool to see Ivy though and hopefully her history with the team will be revisited.

Antonio's art was... okay, not as polished as previous entries sadly.
    Pretty much agree. I'm more than a bit let down - this is the first issue where I feel like I can't really cheerlead for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Earth-2 Helena was a teacher with anger management issues?
    She grew anger issues later on when she thought it would be best if they could somehow reset the new Earth-2 back into the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    She grew anger issues later on when she thought it would be best if they could somehow reset the new Earth-2 back into the old one.
    Man. I hate reality hopping. Ah, well.

This was ok. I don't know, something just didn't really click.

I liked this edition, but can't help myself and think the Bruce/Selina part was an editorial mandated plotpoint. Babs should know how to reach out Selina on her own.

Love the art on this book.

Honestly the only art I've disliked in all the rebirth titles I read is half of wonder woman, justice league and constantine which i dropped early on.

Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    I liked this edition, but can't help myself and think the Bruce/Selina part was an editorial mandated plotpoint. Babs should know how to reach out Selina on her own.
    Exactly! And Huntress said as much.

I read on another Tumblr blog that the Bensons I guess either showed TK their story? I don't know if that's true or not but yeah, going through Bruce was to bring that subplot into another story.

I will say, she and Ivy kinda livened up the story a bit. Made it feel more older???

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    but so far it's just been mostly adequate (something no one ever wants to hear about their work.)
    Well . . .