Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Didn't they do something like that with the Joker and Batman once before?
    They did many times actually, with Joke, with Baron Zemo(lead tot he brith fot he Thunderbolts), and in a Family Guy off scen featuring Wile E COyote, as well in canonical Wile E Coyote toon wher ehe finally get the roadrunner(except it was giant sized due to usual ACME failures).
    In short is an uncommon trope, but present in fiction, and lead to interesting stories.
    Expecially for Wolverine Enemies that are essentially defined by being Wolverin Enemies. Logan is the center of their life. Without him, what there is left for them to do?

There was a time when I would have bought a mini with this premise with my eyes closed.

Sadly that time is long gone.

And the same goes to the main Death of Wolverine 'event'.

IMG_20140711_175759.jpg

Yes!! Daken is going to survive UA, with horseman powers to boot. Still don't know what those bubbling blue claws are made out of, or what he looks like wo the cowl. Also wouldn't mind his "designer" costume he wore in solo series, it was a really cool take on the wolverine design.
    Be cool to see an ongoing featuring Daken and Raze aptly title "Bastards". Have them systematically kill the old mans closest friends and tramps from their Madripor base of operations. First name on the list Storm!
    Logan dying will sure be interesting, I'm loving these weekly releases and this vol of wolverine feels like classic wollvie stories, the ones that used the same title font. Sandoval doing the Daken cover should be great loved the work he did a couple issues ago, especially the page where Logan beats up the drug dealers and takes their drugs.

Ah so excited for daken issue, not sure why he's still in the blue but it will do for now. It's still something.
    I hope this puts them all on a new path in the MU cause right now none of them are in a good place.
    Can't wait, good work marvel.....

Ultimate Member

I kind of like the idea of X-23 taking on the mantle of "Wolverine." As a tribute maybe.

I have a great idea about this whole thing. Why does not Marvel rename the event “Death of Superman”, followed by “Reign of Supermen”. And then when no one expects it, they can create a story titled “The Return of Superman”, in a story that he returns to life with longer hair and a new black uniform. Something like that, never happened before and it would be totally new and exciting!!! Oh, sorry!!! Did I say Superman, I meant Wolverine... I really do not know why I made such a mistake.

Anyway, can anyone reminds me how is Sabretooth alive, because I remember that he was beheaded by the Muramasa Blade. Also, what ties does Wolverine have with Mystique?
    Last edited by WolfClow; 07-11-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Lol you beat me to the avatar

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WolfClow View Post
    I have a great idea about this whole thing. Why does not Marvel rename the event “Death of Superman”, followed by “Reign of Supermen”. And then when no one expects it, they can create a story titled “The Return of Superman”, in a story that he returns to life with longer hair and a new black uniform. Something like that, never happened before and it would be totally new and exciting!!! Oh, sorry!!! Did I say Superman, I meant Wolverine... I really do not know why I made such a mistake.

Anyway, can anyone reminds me how is Sabretooth alive, because I remember that he was beheaded by the Muramasa Blade. Also, what ties does Wolverine have with Mystique?
    Sabretooth was resurrected by Romulus. As for Wolverine's connection to Mystique, they've interacted a lot over the years. Wolverine killed her several years ago, but she was resurrected by the Hand. Since then, she's been a thorn in his side, be it in his own book, or as part of the Brotherhood in Rick Remender's UXF, or currently where she's messing with the entire X-Men team. Also, she and Sabretooth are a couple now.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfClow View Post

Loeb story short, it was a clone.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Lol you beat me to the avatar
    Daken too cool
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

All-New Member

THE LOGAN LEGACY

Probably not featuring: Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and other characters that were actually intrinsic to the Wolverine character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_P View Post
    THE LOGAN LEGACY

Probably not featuring: Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and other characters that were actually intrinsic to the Wolverine character!
    Yeah, I'd have probably kept Creed, Daken and Laura, but there's FAR better characters they could have used than Mystique and Lady Deathstrike if they're talking about Logan's LEGACY.

BANNED

THE LOGAN LEGACY

Yeah, but who needs that when you have clones, ridiculous relatives and vilains whoose only reaction to Logan's death would be: "Yay!!!"
    I mean, screw writing anything that would be even remotely interesting to read for his fans, right?

And if there was something that I needed, it was to know that waste of space Daken is still alive! Freaking Remender isnt even usefull for that!

THE LOGAN LEGACY

I'm happy it has nothing to do with any of these characters. You want to read about nightcrawler, go read his ongoing. Kitty, jubilee, they all have roles in other books. I'd prefer to have books based on some new characters that don't get as much panel time. Much more exciting to read.

Bringing in Kitty, Kurt, Ororo, Jubilee, etc. would have been a chance to tell a good story featuring some family ties that have existed for longer than some of the new readership has been alive.

I can't help but feel like it's squandering the opportunity to wring some actual emotion out of this event.