Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    He did, in that Starjammers series where he became "Bald Phoenix" very briefly. I think they try to forget that ever happened.

yeah, let's try to forget that please

Psych War was already the name of a two part story in X-Men 74/75. It involved Psylocke battling and imprisoning the Shadow King. I will miss Yardins covers, as they are one of the biggest draws for me. Didn't like Ibanez art on Storm but it is much better here. One thing I cannot stand is Jean's voice. It sounds, or tries to sound, very modern. I know she isn't from the sixties and has been here awhile but it just sounds so silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AZPolaris View Post
    Psych War was already the name of a two part story in X-Men 74/75. It involved Psylocke battling and imprisoning the Shadow King. I will miss Yardins covers, as they are one of the biggest draws for me. Didn't like Ibanez art on Storm but it is much better here. One thing I cannot stand is Jean's voice. It sounds, or tries to sound, very modern. I know she isn't from the sixties and has been here awhile but it just sounds so silly.
    That was Psi-War.

Extraordinary Member

I like how this comic has turned out to be a team-up book in disguise. It's basically Jean Grey Two-in-One.

Never would have guessed that the O5 would be my favorite parts of an X-Men launch, but I guess it just goes to show there are no inherently bad ideas.

Emma is arguably the most powerful and skilled living psychic. It makes perfect sense that she would be sought for help by jean.

Also, even though Emma went a little crazy in avx, her wisdom would still be helpful- she could share things she would do differently if given the chance. A failed experience is still useful for a learning tool.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Solicit implies that Jean isn't going to like going to her, which ignores the relationship Bendis built and focuses the shit that was IvX and what sounds like a continuation of the what looks like a crappy Secret Empire tie in for Emma. Hopeless also described it as a heist were Jean breaks into Emma's mind, so that makes it sound like they are gonna have Jean walk over Emma to make Jean look great.
    Bendis built jean and Emma's friendship but then Ivx happened. It makes sense that jean and Emma are not on good terms

It's fine if you don't enjoy what Ivx did to Emma, but their strained relationship makes sense given the canon. That much is indisputable.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Bendis built jean and Emma's friendship but then Ivx happened. It makes sense that jean and Emma are not on good terms

It's fine if you don't enjoy what Ivx did to Emma, but their strained relationship makes sense given the canon. That much is indisputable.
    That's exactly my point, that this looks like more shitting on Emma, who has been shit on every appearance since DoX. That was a counter point to the people who are looking at as a Emma coming back to a better place, or thinking that this won't be bad for Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's exactly my point, that this looks like more shitting on Emma, who has been shit on every appearance since DoX. That was a counter point to the people who are looking at as a Emma coming back to a better place, or thinking that this won't be bad for Emma.
    Oh I gotcha.

Who knows maybe this will be better. I'll hope for your sake

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    I don't see how Emma who never wielded the whole force or was an actual true avatar is a better teacher than Rachel but oh well. The premise of this book never made sense anyway since the true hosts, the ones who could actually help, were neglected in just one issue. And let´s not forget how the Phoenix Force went from a force of nature about death and rebirth to an evil villain who automatically makes every host evil. le sigh
    Which character has had the most confrontations with the Phoenix Force? Like story wise I don't believe it's Jean Grey as she's been in a cacoon. Dps, new X-Men, Endsong warsong avx etc

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-10-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    No, she wasn't. If Emma was a true host, the Phoenix would've chosen her naturally, not because Iron Man bombed it and broke it into pieces. None of the Phoenix 5 are TRUE hosts. Rachel is. As if the Phoenix would ever choose Colossus on it's own free will...

With that said, it's dumb to get angry at Emma because editorial keeps ignoring Rachel.
    They're true hosts. It was explicitly stated in AvX then by Rachel in Guggenheims X-Men v4

Jemma = HAWT . Who needs Scott? He's like a third wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Is Jeen skilled enough telepathically to get into and out of Emma's mind undetected? We'll see.
    And with the threat of the world burning, how long until the Avengers swoop in to... 'remove' Jeen a la Hope?
    I'm sure Frost will be watching the entire time. It wouldn't make sense any other way considering what happened to Xavier when he tried it.

The only thing that would make this more entertaining is if she saw the death of the hellions, genosha the bus attack and Scotts death.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-10-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Even though I'm not completely sold about the idea of Jean going uninvited into Emma's head (mostly because it sounds unrealistic that Emma won't notice), it could very well show Jean why Emma did what she did. Also I do like Jeen a lot, mostly because she doesn't seem to be a little bitch like Tyclops is.

Good God, will they stop making Emma sound like the devil? She was a member of the X-Men for over a decade and only stopped because they decided to vilify her in IvX's storyline. I swear it's the 'grrr Cyclops' all over again.

You guys are reading me wrong. I know Emma wielded the Phoenix and of course she makes more sense than Thor and such. She may be a better psychic teacher than Rachel but in my opinion psychic training has nothing to do with hosting the force. Unless is something like learning more about yourself and your suppressed desires.
    At least back in the day before the retcons being a true host was something more genetic. Rachel never went dark and back in the day she wasn´t the best or smartest psi.
    You'd have to be an omega to host the full force or the body and mind would just break. But yeah, the phoenix mythos has been butchered and altered so many times it makes no sense anymore.