Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I loveeeeee the covers so much I might have to get both the legacy variant and this cover. But this is probably the only that's been in Jeens solo that makes sense(excluding Rachel), shes hosted the PF multiple times and even once wanted to destroy it
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    What happened to the other cover? The one with Jean's hands over Emma's eyes?
    That was the variant cover
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

What happened to the other cover? The one with Jean's hands over Emma's eyes?
    That's the "Legacy" variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It doesn't really sound like anything. The only thing the solicit says is that Jean wants Emma to help her against the Phoenix.
    Solicit implies that Jean isn't going to like going to her, which ignores the relationship Bendis built and focuses the **** that was IvX and what sounds like a continuation of the what looks like a crappy Secret Empire tie in for Emma. Hopeless also described it as a heist were Jean breaks into Emma's mind, so that makes it sound like they are gonna have Jean walk over Emma to make Jean look great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    I don't see how Emma who never wielded the whole force or was an actual true avatar is a better teacher than Rachel but oh well. The premise of this book never made sense anyway since the true hosts, the ones who could actually help, were neglected in just one issue. And let´s not forget how the Phoenix Force went from a force of nature about death and rebirth to an evil villain who automatically makes every host evil. le sigh
    Remember that in AvX Rachel was totally neglected. Suddenly, Iron Fist and Spider-Man became the great experts on phoenix. Pathetic.

Oh, and Emma has the most experience with Phoenix than Thor, Carol Danvers, Namor, Tony Stark or anyone else other than Rachel, Hope, Quentin Quire or Old Cyclops...
    Phoenix Endsong and AvX, remember?

Is Jeen skilled enough telepathically to get into and out of Emma's mind undetected? We'll see.
    And with the threat of the world burning, how long until the Avengers swoop in to... 'remove' Jeen a la Hope?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I loveeeeee the covers so much I might have to get both the legacy variant and this cover. But this is probably the only that's been in Jeens solo that makes sense(excluding Rachel), shes hosted the PF multiple times and even once wanted to destroy it
    I get the feeling that Jean thinks of Rachel as someone to avoid. No matter what she's done with the PF it's creepy to talk to your alt. reality child who kind of looks like you and has major issues with self control and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Solicit implies that Jean isn't going to like going to her, which ignores the relationship Bendis built and focuses the **** that was IvX and what sounds like a continuation of the what looks like a crappy Secret Empire tie in for Emma. Hopeless also described it as a heist were Jean breaks into Emma's mind, so that makes it sound like they are gonna have Jean walk over Emma to make Jean look great.
    a "heist" like she did with Namor? Or like when Jean, Emma, and the Phoenix looked through Emma's past?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Remember that in AvX Rachel was totally neglected. Suddenly, Iron Fist and Spider-Man became the great experts on phoenix. Pathetic.

Oh, and Emma has the most experience with Phoenix than Thor, Carol Danvers, Namor, Tony Stark or anyone else other than Rachel, Hope, Quentin Quire or Old Cyclops...
    Phoenix Endsong and AvX, remember?
    Emma never wanted it...which is the same position the Jean's in.

They're both telepaths who don't want the Phoenix but come what may Emma got it and Jean's looking for what to do. Emma went up against Jean when she was Dark Phoenix, has hosted it twice and Emma is one of the strongest telepaths on the planet now that Adult Jean & Xavier are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Is Jeen skilled enough telepathically to get into and out of Emma's mind undetected? We'll see.
    And with the threat of the world burning, how long until the Avengers swoop in to... 'remove' Jeen a la Hope?
    This is one thing I just don't get with the Jean series...they literally JUST did this story with Hope

side note: Why didn't the PF ever try to make Xavier a host?
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 07-10-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    That was so retarded. I guess that Rachel is a different kind of host since she's on a "friendly" relationship with the PF, which is probably not something they wanted on AvX since the X-Men and the Phoenix Force were intended to be the villains, but still... It was so moronic how Rachel just had like a one panel appearance during the whole event.

But oh well, at least going with Emma makes more sense than going with Namor or Thor.

Depending on how the meeting ended in Blue this might be interesting .

I do not think Emma can actually help Jean (she was never a true host) but at least it makes more sense than others like Thor and Namor. And after Rachel and Hope for sure she has more experience than others even for her rivalry with the old Jean.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I get the feeling that Jean thinks of Rachel as someone to avoid. No matter what she's done with the PF it's creepy to talk to your alt. reality child who kind of looks like you and has major issues with self control and drama.
    That would require Jean to even know Rachel, which I think she purposely avoids for the alt. daughter bit. Also that last description could be used for half the X-Men lol

This is one thing I just don't get with the Jean series...they literally JUST did this story with Hope

side note: Why didn't the PF ever try to make Xavier a host?
    He did, in that Starjammers series where he became "Bald Phoenix" very briefly. I think they try to forget that ever happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Depending on how the meeting ended in Blue this might be interesting .

I do not think Emma can actually help Jean (she was never a true host) but at least it makes more sense than others like Thor and Namor. And after Rachel and Hope for sure she has more experience than others even for her rivalry with the old Jean.
    yes she was. You people keep saying that but there was an entire crossover with it. You're just as bad as marvel if you're picking and choosing what you want to be true, but if it's in print it happened. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That would require Jean to even know Rachel, which I think she purposely avoids for the alt. daughter bit. Also that last description could be used for half the X-Men lol
    He did, in that Starjammers series where he became "Bald Phoenix" very briefly. I think they try to forget that ever happened.
    only half? LOL

I AM BALDY! Eternal cosmic power...can't give himself hair.

BANNED

yes she was. You people keep saying that but there was an entire crossover with it. You're just as bad as marvel if you're picking and choosing what you want to be true, but if it's in print it happened. Get over it.
    No, she wasn't. If Emma was a true host, the Phoenix would've chosen her naturally, not because Iron Man bombed it and broke it into pieces. None of the Phoenix 5 are TRUE hosts. Rachel is. As if the Phoenix would ever choose Colossus on it's own free will...

With that said, it's dumb to get angry at Emma because editorial keeps ignoring Rachel.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

The whole Jean series is a travesty. I hated how mar el has treated the Pheonix. And the issue with the hosts was horrible. AVX sucked. Racheal isnt acknowledged at all. Pheonix is good not soley evil.

I know im fan wanking about it but i like continuity so anything that screws it up irks me lol
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Relax it's not like do not understand what you mean just disagree.

Emma is not like Jean, Rachel, Hope or GG chosen or created with a purpose whatever it be.

Even so, she has always shown that has a great ability to dominate Phoenix over others which are also not real hosts.

And from what understand Emma will be an enemy in this story and Jean will try to get what she wants by imitating a a ninja cheering to not be detected instead of simply asking for help.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-10-2017 at 02:00 PM.

No, she wasn't. If Emma was a true host, the Phoenix would've chosen her naturally, not because Iron Man bombed it and broke it into pieces. None of the Phoenix 5 are TRUE hosts. Rachel is. As if the Phoenix would ever choose Colossus on it's own free will...

With that said, it's dumb to get angry at Emma because editorial keeps ignoring Rachel.
    Well, Emma may not be a true host; but she have hold the whole force at least once.

Besides of her habit of picking up fights with Jean while powered by the Phoenix.