Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    You guys are reading me wrong. I know Emma wielded the Phoenix and of course she makes more sense than Thor and such. She may be a better psychic teacher than Rachel but in my opinion psychic training has nothing to do with hosting the force. Unless is something like learning more about yourself and your suppressed desires.
    At least back in the day before the retcons being a true host was something more genetic. Rachel never went dark and back in the day she wasn´t the best or smartest psi.
    You'd have to be an omega to host the full force or the body and mind would just break. But yeah, the phoenix mythos has been butchered and altered so many times it makes no sense anymore.
    I mean, you're right though. We all can agree that having Emma here does make sense, but going for Namor or Thor instead of Rachel really doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Good God, will they stop making Emma sound like the devil? She was a member of the X-Men for over a decade and only stopped because they decided to vilify her in IvX's storyline. I swear it's the 'grrr Cyclops' all over again.
    I'm hoping they change this around soon. I can't honestly think of any positive things said about this change, but they seem to be doubling down on it. To the point where I'm considering dropping X-books because they don't have anything interesting going on right now, and have been shitting on characters for shitty stories.

BANNED

All our hopes now lie with a telepathic super-bitch. God help us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Rachel would make more sense for a telepath to help Jean, but there's more drama/conflict with Emma.

And just because you don't want to acknowledge the Phoenix 5, or Endsong/Warsong doesn't mean they didn't happen

to me I hate that they're making the PF into a villain. It was like you said a force of nature who once attached to Jean indulged in the darker side of human nature. It should've been left at that.
    They accomplished nothing as the Phoenix 5 except killing Xavier.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Something I noticed is that they're saying is Mike Mayhem on the cover but that's still Yardin, lol.
    Yes that is my cover, and I'm working on the next cover right now. As far as I know I'm not departing yet, but that is up to Marvel. I think the mix up may be that Mike did a variant cover for the series.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    What happened to the other cover? The one with Jean's hands over Emma's eyes?
    I believe that one is Mike Mayhew's variant cover, and probably where the mix up is coming from with the correct solicitation credits.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Except give food, water and energy for free and end wars you know villains things .

Thank you Avengers for returning the wars and famine to the world .

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    That's a great achieviment, how many tried it and failed?

I believe thats one problem, as soon as Emma notice Jean is on her mind, and probably they gonna make Emma loose to her, all she have to do is turn into diamond to kick Jean out.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 07-11-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    writers really like to make Emma cross the ways with Jean. it's even a bit forced

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    That's MISS Telepathic Super-Bitch to you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That was Psi-War.
    Thank you oh Mighty Member! I am humbled. Apparently I was in a negative mood yesterday. I am definitely going to continue this book. I am glad Emma is taking a new role, for however long, in the books. I was over Emma the X-Woman. Also glad Hopeless and Bunn are on the same page with Jean.
    Also very happy David Yardin will continue covers. You did such amazing work with Lorna on X-Factor covers. With Polaris and Jean hopefully interacting in X-Men Blue I might get to see her grace another Yardin cover yet!
    Last edited by AZPolaris; 07-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Yardin View Post
    Yes that is my cover, and I'm working on the next cover right now. As far as I know I'm not departing yet, but that is up to Marvel. I think the mix up may be that Mike did a variant cover for the series.
    Congratulations, the art is amazing.

Two characters I can't stand: Little Jean and Emma Frost.

BANNED

It's gorgeous. I hate Jean's hairstyle, but that's the "cannon" at the moment.

I love the imagery and the "Canary in the mine" or is it "mind" theme.

BANNED

I believe that one is Mike Mayhew's variant cover, and probably where the mix up is coming from with the correct solicitation credits.
    So you'll still be doing the covers for Jean Grey? I love your covers because they always have some sort of meaning and are really well thought out.

Also David, any chance of you doing some interiors for Jean Grey?