Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Dark Knight

Default Gotham By Gaslight Animated Movie Coming Soon

From the back cover of Batman & Harley Quinn

http://i.imgur.com/5OJmKJD.png
    Last edited by zep81; 07-11-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Well, that was unexpected. I guess I should read that story eventually.
    Superhero shows are trash

Jennifer Carpenter will also be voicing Catwoman in this .

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I hope the style of animation for these movies will change; I don't like the way the last couple of movies looked.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Fantastic Member

Oh gotham by gaslight is one of my all time favorite elesworlds stories I wonder if this means that dc will publish a sequel to the master of tomorrow ir if we'll see more of http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_19 since it was partly based on by gaslight aswell as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman:_Amazonia

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

I hate reading all over the place all these people talking about how amazing that story is. It's definitely out of left field for sure. But people are talking about it as if it's one of the stories that gets mentioned in the same breath as Killing Joke, TDKR, Knightfall, and Year One.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    I hate reading all over the place all these people talking about how amazing that story is. It's definitely out of left field for sure. But people are talking about it as if it's one of the stories that gets mentioned in the same breath as Killing Joke, TDKR, Knightfall, and Year One.
    To be fair, even Moore didn't think Killing Joke was all that.

I’ve never really liked my story in The Killing Joke. I think it put far too much melodramatic weight upon a character that was never designed to carry it. It was too nasty, it was too physically violent. There were some good things about it, but in terms of my writing, it’s not one of me favorite pieces. If, as I said, god forbid, I was ever writing a character like Batman again, I’d probably be setting it squarely in the kind of “smiley uncle period where Dick Sprang was drawing it, and where you had Ace the Bat-Hound and Bat-Mite, and the zebra Batman—when it was sillier. Because then, it was brimming with imagination and playful ideas. I don’t think that the world needs that many brooding psychopathic avengers. I don’t know that we need any. It was a disappointment to me, how Watchmen was absorbed into the mainstream. It had originally been meant as an indication of what people could do that was new. I’d originally thought that with works like Watchmen and Marvelman, I’d be able to say, “Look, this is what you can do with these stale old concepts. You can turn them on their heads. You can really wake them up. Don’t be so limited in your thinking. Use your imagination.” And, I was naively hoping that there’d be a rush of fresh and original work by people coming up with their own. But, as I said, it was meant to be something that would liberate comics. Instead, it became this massive stumbling block that comics can’t even really seem to get around to this day. They’ve lost a lot of their original innocence, and they can’t get that back. And, they’re stuck, it seems, in this kind of depressive ghetto of grimness and psychosis. I’m not too proud of being the author of that regrettable trend.
    Different strokes I suppose.
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    While I love TDKR and Year One was pretty great, I never thought the Killing Joke was amazing. I guess the Joker backstory stuff was really cool, but the ending was just kind of abrupt. And I'm not sure that the bloated sprawling Knightfall has ever been considered great.

I loved Gotham By Gaslight when I read it, though, some I cool with it getting praised.

Incredible Member

I can't wait for this movie. It is one of my favorite Batman elseworld's stories.

Here's the sneak peek:

Extraordinary Member

I want it!

Also, I really hope the rest of the street urchins are named Tim and Stephan(ie).
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here's the sneak peek:

So is Selina playing the role that Julie Madison had in the comic? Or will they have BOTH Selina and Julie in the movie, with Julie still be Bruce/Batman's love interest?

Because I don't remember Selina being in the comic.

Incredible Member

You can kinda see they took some liberties and added to this, but I am still excited for it.

Incredible Member

Also, sounds like Bruce Greenwood (Under The Red Hood, Young Justice) is voicing Batman again for this. I like him voicing Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    So is Selina playing the role that Julie Madison had in the comic? Or will they have BOTH Selina and Julie in the movie, with Julie still be Bruce/Batman's love interest?

Because I don't remember Selina being in the comic.
    Maybe the redhead is Julie?

Selina is definitely one of the Bat-characters who was not in the original story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    Also, sounds like Bruce Greenwood (Under The Red Hood, Young Justice) is voicing Batman again for this. I like him voicing Batman.
    The voice reminded me a lot of Greenwood and Jason O'Mara.