Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Titans #12 Discussion/Spoilers

So, anyone else still reading Titans after that lovely crossover? No...just me? Makes sense.

But yeah, things here...OYE.

Okay, so we've got Wally hooking up with Donna in the blink of an eye, the two acting like hormonal teenagers. Oh, and that's happening because Linda broke things off with Wally OFF-PANEL!!!

We've got Lilith apparently having feelings for Garth now, which, seriously, Garth?! Come on Lilith, I'd understand completely if this was Pre-Flashpoint Garth, but have some standards!

The team is more pissed at Dick over the basically meaningless deal he made with Slade rather than the fact that he let his little brother destroy Wally's life, Damian himself not even getting brought up.

Roy is once again being left out to dry because of the Wally/Donna stuff, with Lilith actually having mocked Roy about being not good enough for Donna.

And of course, with the next few issues, with all the soap drama going on, and yes, the traitor plot coming into play, what could the stinger for this issue be but, "A Judas Among Us."

I swear, if I didn't care so much about these characters and hate seeing them like this, I'd say this book was getting into so bad it's good territory. And I was someone who was mostly enjoying the book up until the crossover!

Thoughts? If anyone else but me was mad enough to stick with this book.

I think the art was lovely!

The rest? Eeeeeh, it was a massive eye-roll, like this drama is unnecessary, they're acting like they're the Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Yeah, Lazarus Contract pretty much killed this book for me. This doesn't revive it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    We've got Lilith apparently having feelings for Garth now, which, seriously, Garth?! Come on Lilith, I'd understand completely if this was Pre-Flashpoint Garth, but have some standards!
    He's a step up from Gnarrk and Azrael. Lilith has the worst taste in guys.

This was supposed to be a cooldown issue so that's ok.

Astonishing Member

A couple things;

1. The art was gorgeous.
    2. I read that dialogue as Lilith mocking Roy for a second too, then I realized she was just saying aloud how he feels about it. It's gotta be awkward being a psychic.
    3. I'm not sure how much of Lilith's embellishments into the team's dynamics and relationships I actually trust. She was feeding Psimon a lot of editorialized information. I mean I won't be surprised if some of it plays out that way, but so it goes.
    4. I really liked the psychic counselor / slash / interrogator role Lilith played here, and realized I'd like if she kind of permanently becomes a Super-Villain remedial counselor.
    5. Garth is sexy. And he seems like a nice guy. But man, he reallllllly needs a storyline worthy of his character's continuity and publication history. And you know ... how long is his dally with Lilith going to last when Tula naturally shows up? Because seriously ... Abnett writes both books and Tula is trapped this side of the Crown of Thorns. Mera is going to go beat up the Justice League ... it can only be a matter of time before Tula turns up here, right?

Lastly ... "it reads like a soap opera". I mean, thrillseekers in their early 20s living together dorm style, in a co-ed dorm situation, and coming close to death on a daily or weekly basis. I'm not saying it equates 1:1, but like, I went to art school with a bunch of 18-21 kids and yeah, the Titans soap opera stuff kind of pales in comparison to the on-again/off-again/hookup culture soap opera reality I experienced, and that with people who merely believed every choice was a life-or-death experience, as opposed to superheroes who are nearly dying all the time for real.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Maybe Lilith is the traitor and she doesn't even know it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    5. Garth is sexy. And he seems like a nice guy. But man, he reallllllly needs a storyline worthy of his character's continuity and publication history. And you know ... how long is his dally with Lilith going to last when Tula naturally shows up? Because seriously ... Abnett writes both books and Tula is trapped this side of the Crown of Thorns. Mera is going to go beat up the Justice League ... it can only be a matter of time before Tula turns up here, right?
    Don't forget about Dolphin, Garth's wife in the good continuity, whose also about to make her return.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Maybe Lilith is the traitor and she doesn't even know it?
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that possibility since the solicits first came out. It does tend to be how these stories go.

Is Lilith still reading her friends minds without asking. I dont really understand why they dont tell her to stop or get annoyed!?

Mighty Member

Lilith has that Jean Grey problem of being a nosy psychic. Also lol at the team being mad at Dick. He should leave and go do better things, this team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    He should leave and go do better things, this writer sucks.
    Fixed it for ya.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Well that too I guess. But Abnett can write good books. Just not this book apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Is Lilith still reading her friends minds without asking. I dont really understand why they dont tell her to stop or get annoyed!?
    i know! I'd be pissed if I were them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    That's not even true though. Abnett is a very talented writer. Just look at his current Aquaman run to see that. It's just that he's not a good fit here.

BANNED

So are they letting Karen fight with them? Isn't she pregnant?
    Feels weird no one is saying anything about it, in Spider-Woman's most recent book that's all people talked about even though she never fought while pregnant.

Picked it up for Rocafort's art. I see that nothing has changed since I dropped the book.

Another thing that no one else has mentioned, why is Wally complaining about the pacemaker? Assuming that Damian stopped his heart 5 years ago in the Lazarus Contract, one would assume that Wally has been living with it for a while now, but he acts as though it is a recent development, which it is not. To them at least.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)