View Poll Results: What kind of comics reader are you?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Started as a kid/teen and never stopped

27 34.18%
  • Started as a kid/teen stopped and came back

36 45.57%
  • Started as an adult but have read for a while

5 6.33%
  • Started within the past 5 years as an adult

7 8.86%
  • Started within the past 5 years asa kid/teen

3 3.80%
  • I read becasue my spouse, partner, or friend has them

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What kind of reader are you?

What kind of reader are you? Have you read since you were a kid? Read as a kid and came back years later? Something else?

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Started as a kid/teen and haven't stopped since...over thirty years now.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Started as a teenager but I really got into collecting when I got into college and had a steady income.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Started as a kid when my dad gave me his stash of Vampirella and Conan The Barbarian mags/comics and haven't stopped since.

I pretty much grew up with comics, and read into my teens, but I stopped for a few years, probably around 2000 (oddly, right around the time I moved close to a comic shop). I started getting back into comics with Civil War, and I've kept reading ever since.

BANNED

I started reading comics in 1975 or 1976 until 1980, when my interest turned to cars. I started reading and collecting again in 1984 until 1986, and was forced to sell off everything
    due to some stupid decisions that a 19-year old living away from home for the first time makes. Didn't buy another comic until 2010, but I'm all in now.

BANNED

I started as a kid and than the 90's happened and comics became bad, and Final Fantasy VII came out so I started focusing my attention on JRPG's, and anime instead, until New Mutants volume 2, and Astonishing X-Men came out and saved the X-Men franchise.

Started as a kid and came back. Several times, actually. I remember my grandparents owning a 7-11 around the time Death of Superman and Knightfall were published, so I was reading all the monthlies free. I'd have been 7 at the time. The Reeve and Keaton films were favorites, so that had a lot to do with it, too. Then around Our Worlds at War, I remember grabbing some of the monthlies again. Ed McGuiness' Superman really grabbed me. I was collecting figures and reading Wizard at the time. I entered high school and remember reading Kingdom Come in the library and how much that blew my mind. Batman Begins came out and rekindled the love yet again. My buddy started buying lots of collected editions and lending them to me. Dark Knight came out. I remember buying RIP and Hush Money and that was it. I've been buying ever since, though I've run out of room for books and have to stick with digital now.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 07-04-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I started reading in my early teens, that would be around the early 70's and I'm still reading today, though not nearly as much as back in my youth as I've become more disciriminating in my old age.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Started reading at age 6. Now 52 yrs old. Never stopped except for a few months when money was tight.

BANNED

Kindle tho i still buy some Physical copies of comics and some books

In a nutshell: started when I was about 12 or 13 in the early-90s. Read for a few years, then left when I was 16. Going to my first San Diego ComicCon in 2004 rekindled my interest to a degree, and I started to occasionally pick up the random book here and there. However, I didn't completely return until 2012, at 33.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Other. Started as a kid. Had a couple of gaps for several years off and on. Gave up buying them (for mostly financial reasons) in '06.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Started as a kid, probably around the age of 5 or 6, when my dad would pick me up copies of X-Men and Teen Titans on his way home from work. Stopped briefly towards the end of high school when I was overwhelmed with school work and prepping for university, but got back into it a couple of years later. I've definitely cut back from the $30 a week I was spending, wanting to save some cash, but I'll still go out every other week and pick up two or three books if I can.

I started reading comics (mostly Marvel) in the early 70s and stopped when I went to college in the early 80s, mostly because I dint have early access to a comic book shop. Then career, marriage and family took over and I just didn't have the time. Came back to comics in 2012 at 49 in that middle-aged nostalgia for what made me happy as a kid. Marvel Unlimited to helped get me caught up-I used Avengers Disassembled and Brubaker's Captain America run as my jumping back in point. Now I'm a regular weekly buyer, some Marvel, but more and more Image books.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers