Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman" Retakes #1 Slot in Direct Market Sales for June

"Harley Quinn" #7 was DC Comics' second-highest selling title in June, while Marvel retains its overall position as the #1 publisher.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

Glad to see Superman up there in the top ten with Batman. I hope the popular creative team keeps it up.

BANNED

Superman will drop like a stone next month. JRJ is a terrible artist. It's not 1984 it 2014.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nulbreaker View Post
    Superman will drop like a stone next month. JRJ is a terrible artist. It's not 1984 it 2014.
    John Romita Jr.'s art is pretty strong in this compared to his work in the past couple of years. To each their own.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

With Johns writing, I could draw it and Superman would stay in the Top 20...probably Top 10. I'm glad others are enjoying it, but Harley Quinn's sales never make sense to me

Astonishing Member

Can anyone think of why Harley Quinn's sales would have jumped up the chart like that? I know that Eternal has dropped and Forever Evil is over, but it seems odd that it would have moved that far up the chart. There definitely has to be an sales increase there.

Also an interesting note, Batman and Amazing Spider-man provide a one-two punch at the top of the charts.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I will say that it's pretty impressive that DC has books up in their 30s making the Top 10, as opposed to relaunched Spider-Man and event (Original Sin) books. A lot more staying power there. Glad to see Detective shooting up with the new team, it's been excellent

Harley Quinn's success is baffling to me. It even beat out the debut of Geoff Johns and JRJR on Superman. I don't read Harley Quinn, but for those that do, is its high sales justified? Is it really that good of a book?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I will say that it's pretty impressive that DC has books up in their 30s making the Top 10, as opposed to relaunched Spider-Man and event (Original Sin) books. A lot more staying power there. Glad to see Detective shooting up with the new team, it's been excellent

It is pretty amazing that DC can do this with books that are high numbered in this day and age. It just goes to show that all this renumbering does nothing.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Speaking of dropping like stones... ASM is dropping faster than Marvel wants. #3 is more than likely under 100k.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Harley Quinn's success is baffling to me. It even beat out the debut of Geoff Johns and JRJR on Superman. I don't read Harley Quinn, but for those that do, is its high sales justified? Is it really that good of a book?
    Even if it was good (and I don't care to find out), sales don't reflect quality.

Astonishing Member

I dont know if its good or not but to me its kind of refreshing to have a different book being a consistent top 10 seller. You dont see that to often.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I absolutely love it and I would like to believe the high sales are justified. It could be slightly boosted by the whole DC bombshells thing or maybe it's because her teaming up with Ivy again for the month, but I don't think its just that. It must be something else.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It blew my mind when Deadpool took off, and now Harley is somehow a monster hit. IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Speaking of dropping like stones... ASM is dropping faster than Marvel wants. #3 is more than likely under 100k.
    The 500k thing was PR nonsense. But in any case, maintaining 80k is a big success these days.

It's good nothing great, I think one of the things that could attribute to charting is that it's self contained and no other book or the HQ book itself has an impact anywhere else.

And the fact that she probably still has a pretty large fanbase mainly due to Batman TAS.

You know what does baffle me though? Batman being anywhere near the top with its mediocre storylines, though goes to show how much the Batman name lends to the sells as well.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 07-11-2014 at 02:24 PM.