Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I dont know if its good or not but to me its kind of refreshing to have a different book being a consistent top 10 seller. You dont see that to often.
    Couldn't agree more, Harley Quinn is not a character I am particularly interested in but I think variety is reflective of a healthy industry. I also think seems much more interesting than Original Sin or Zero Year (cause I have yet to read a good Batman origin )
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

BANNED

I'm psyched that Harley Quinn is doing well.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nulbreaker View Post
    Superman will drop like a stone next month. JRJ is a terrible artist. It's not 1984 it 2014.
    I used to REALLY dislike his work yet somehow I started to like it MANY years ago. That's not something that normally happens, most of the time either something is liked or not unless te artists style changes.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I absolutely love it and I would like to believe the high sales are justified. It could be slightly boosted by the whole DC bombshells thing or maybe it's because her teaming up with Ivy again for the month, but I don't think its just that. It must be something else.
    Yes, Harley Quinn is an awesome book!

You might be onto something with the variants.
    I never buy variants but was so interested in the Bombshells I bought two copies of HQ and WW (regular + variant).

More likely Harley jumps from 14th in May to 7th in June simply because the other books dropped.

In May 65K got HQ 14th. I’ll guess 68K for June was good enough for 7th.

Extraordinary Member

Imagine how much DC would have dominated the top 10 if Marvel hadn't relaunched Spider Man and started up
    a new mini series epic.

Harley Quinn's success is pretty interesting. I don't remember her lastbr book doing this well.

I guess Deadpool style wackyness plus a pixie like character that female readers enjoy was a winning combination.

Does anybody know if this version of Harley's book is all ages?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    It is pretty amazing that DC can do this with books that are high numbered in this day and age. It just goes to show that all this renumbering does nothing.
    Neither Marvel nor DC really have "high numbered" books these days. You'll only find those at Bongo and Image comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Well, they took out the "slitting her wrists in the bath tub" scene so I am sure the rest is perfectly fine for an 8 year old.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Well, they took out the "slitting her wrists in the bath tub" scene so I am sure the rest is perfectly fine for an 8 year old.
    The WHAT scene?

I guess the book isn't as light hearted as I assumed.

Holy crap.

BANNED

The WHAT scene?

I guess the book isn't as light hearted as I assumed.

Holy crap.
    Probably not.
    Here's the 411: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...arley-quinn-0/

Her new design isn't really "pixie like" anymore, either.
    Last edited by the4thpip; 07-12-2014 at 01:36 AM.

I don't think Harley is a very well written book, it isn't that bad but I expect better from the creative team, but I love that it beat their highly promoted Superman retooling. I just find that hilarious. The success is probably due to the book catching on in the mainstream and non-typical comic readers. Sort of like what Hawkeye did. That highly promoted #0 issue really helped it get noticed.

It's silly like Deadpool but no, it isn't all ages. She kills people in it and makes crude jokes, so it isn't really something I'd give to a kid. Though everyone has their own standards.

Beaver jokes are likely to go over most kids' heads, I'd imagine.