Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default So it looks like lenticular covers is how Legacy is gonna change the industry.

As soon as the covers came out I thought of saying "maybe what's revolutionary is that they're gonna be real life gifs" as a joke. Now I'm sad that I didn't.

https://www.newsarama.com/35283-marv...nt-covers.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As soon as the covers came out I thought of saying "maybe what's revolutionary is that they're gonna be real life gifs" as a joke. Now I'm sad that I didn't.

https://www.newsarama.com/35283-marv...nt-covers.html
    Betting this will be gated behind one of Marvel's "buy the regular cover at 200% qty of X an you can order as many copies as you want" incentive programs.

Weren't linewide lenticular variants one of the precursors to DC's fall?

On the other side of the fence, Foil (but at least just for Metal). I feel like we should start expecting chromium, die-cut, glow in the dark, etc, covers soon.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

It's funny because so many are ripping off classic fantastic four covers and yet they're burying them.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    It's funny because so many are ripping off classic fantastic four covers and yet they're burying them.
    Except they aren't Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm and victor von doom are still around besides reed and his family are still rebuilding the multiverse so they actually have a reason for being gone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Except they aren't Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm and victor von doom are still around besides reed and his family are still rebuilding the multiverse so they actually have a reason for being gone.

Sorry I feel they really are

Uh...okay ?

Gimmicky variant covers are gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Except they aren't Johnny Storm is still with the uncanny avengers and has been making recurring cameos in the amazing spider-man and most recently made an apperance in the first issue of the new Peter Parker the spectacular spider-man series, and he even made a recent apperance in infamous iron man #9 and then you have Ben Grimm who has been making constant recurring appearances in infamous iron man since issue one and he met up with Johnny recently in infamous iron man #9 and they talked about how they miss reed and susan so they're not being forgotten, and finally you have victor von doom whose now the infamous iron man whose the obvious central main character of the infamous iron man series who will continue to have a significant in marvel legacy for the return of Tony stark in the iron man comics.

And as I said reed and his family are still rebuilding the multiverse so they actually have a reason to be absent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    They just removed the "4" from the costume of bag man on the Spiderman mobile game.

They've been removed from marvel heroes.

Their book was selling more than 50% of these current line and was cancelled.

They're gone.

Except they aren't Johnny Storm is still with the uncanny avengers and has been making recurring cameos in the amazing spider-man and most recently made an apperance in the first issue of the new Peter Parker the spectacular spider-man series, and he even made a recent apperance in infamous iron man #9 and then you have Ben Grimm who has been making constant recurring appearances in infamous iron man since issue one and he met up with Johnny recently in infamous iron man #9 and they talked about how they miss reed and susan so they're not being forgotten, and finally you have victor von doom whose now the infamous iron man whose the obvious central main character of the infamous iron man series who will continue to have a significant in marvel legacy for the return of Tony stark in the iron man comics.

And as I said reed and his family are still rebuilding the multiverse so they actually have a reason to be absent.
    They are literally being removed from all outside media and there being a reason for Reed and Sue (she doesn't really have one) being away doesn't change the fact that they are away. The FF have been treated like they were a blemish in Marvel's history.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this, this is about how gimmicky covers somehow change the industry according to Marvel.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    They just removed the "4" from the costume of bag man on the Spiderman mobile game.

They've been removed from marvel heroes.

Their book was selling more than 50% of these current line and was cancelled.

They're gone.
    They're not entirely gone at least not in the comics Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm and especially victor von doom all are in major ongoing series currently and that will continue to be the case going into legacy, again reed and susan are with their kids and the molecule man helping to rebuilding the multiverse there's a reason secret wars ended the way it did to give them a reason to be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    They are literally being removed from all outside media and there being a reason for Reed and Sue (she doesn't really have one) being away doesn't change the fact that they are away. The FF have been treated like they were a blemish in Marvel's history.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this, this is about how gimmicky covers somehow change the industry according to Marvel.
    I don't exactly buy the idea that marvel is trying to get rid of or erase the fantastic four's role in the marvel universe if that was the case I highly doubt that they would've allowed writer Brian Michael bendis to use victor von doom in his invincible iron man and infamous iron man series's, or that they would've allowed Bendis to use Ben Grimm in his guardians of the galaxy run and to then again allow bendis to use Ben Grimm in his current infamous iron man series, or that they would've allowed Charles soule to use Johnny Storm in his uncanny inhumans run and then ivx event, or that they would've allowed Gerry Duggan to use Johnny Storm in his uncanny avengers run which is now being written by jim zub and Johnny Storm is still in the team.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.

They're not entirely gone at least not in the comics Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm and especially victor von doom all are in major ongoing series currently and that will continue to be the case going into legacy, again reed and susan are with their kids and the molecule man helping to rebuilding the multiverse there's a reason secret wars ended the way it did to give them a reason to be gone.
    So why isn't there a book about them rebuilding the multiverse? What could possibly be more interesting than Marvel's First Family rebuilding reality in all of its infinite possibilities?

I don't exactly buy the idea that marvel is trying to get rid of or erase the fantastic four's role in the marvel universe if that was the case I highly doubt that they would've allowed writer Brian Michael bendis to use both victor von doom and Ben Grimm in his invincible iron man and infamous iron man series's, or would've allowed Charles soule to use Johnny Storm in his uncanny inhumans run and then ivx event, or that they would've allowed Gerry Duggan to use Johnny Storm in his uncanny avengers run which is now being written by jom zub and Johnny Storm is still in the team.
    They literally aren't allowing them to be at any games any more, even some who already had them, and keeping them away fro any other media. They are trying to get rid of the F4, period. The problem is not with any of the characters by themselves, is with "Fantastic Four" as a team and brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    So why isn't there a book about them rebuilding the multiverse? What could possibly be more interesting than Marvel's First Family rebuilding reality in all of its infinite possibilities?
    That's a good question maybe nobody has pitched it yet to marvel it would be interesting to have a book like honestly, I think the point I'm trying to make to some people who believe full heartily that marvel is trying to get rid of the fantastic four... is that there's a reason story wise why they're not their with the ending of secret wars, and at the same time like I said it's not like they're completely gone characters like Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm and victor von doom are still very significant and important characters in the series these characters are currently in.

We are back to gimmick covers, they have learned nothing.