Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    It's funny because so many are ripping off classic fantastic four covers and yet they're burying them.
    now you know how x-fans feel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    now you know how x-fans feel
    NO now FF folks know how Wally West and DC fans whose favorites are not named Bruce, Clark, Arthur, Hal, Barry, Diane, Jessica, Simon and Barbara feel.

Lenticular covers? Just bring back all the characters that have been murdered/dethroned, have them work in concert with the younger diverse heroes, and honour the titles' and characters' histories and continuity, and stop the near constant events and relaunches. Is that really so difficult to do, Marvel?

The apologies and rationales for there being no FF comic are weak, and those for how the remaining FF characters are being used and are still 'important' are laughable at best. We all know the reason why Reed, Sue, the kids, and anything with a 4 on it are absent from the comics and rapidly disappearing from Marvel across all media. There is no trying to say it's for a good narrative reason. If the Richards family rebuilding and exploring the multiverse isn't the best possible basis for a new FF comic, I don't know what is. And Johnny being in a secondary Avengers book or Ben being a minor part of the Guardians or Doom of all people becoming part of the Iron Man universe? Please.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-11-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Lenticular covers? Just bring back all the characters that have been murdered/dethroned, have them work in concert with the younger diverse heroes, and honour the titles' and characters' histories and continuity, and stop the near constant events and relaunches. Is that really so difficult to do, Marvel?

The apologies and rationales for there being no FF comic are weak, and those for how the remaining FF characters are being used and are still 'important' are laughable at best. We all know the reason why Reed, Sue, the kids, and anything with a 4 on it are absent from the comics and rapidly disappearing from Marvel across all media. There is no trying to say it's for a good narrative reason. If the Richards family rebuilding and exploring the multiverse isn't the best possible basis for a new FF comic, I don't know what is. And Johnny being in a secondary Avengers book or Ben being a minor part of the Guardians or Doom of all people becoming part of the Iron Man universe? Please.
    Thats ridiculous to claim that the ending of secret wars isn't a good enough reason for reed and his family to be missing.

And you're making it seem as if the roles that characters like Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm and victor von doom are in currently that somehow that isn't enough? that's silly.

They're doing something with the characters and acknowledging their history and that's good enough.

And even if marvel didn't want anything related to the fantastic four to be in the comics anymore they wouldn't of allowed various writers to use characters like Ben Grimm and johmny Storm and victor von doom, X-men fans claimed for a very long time that they were trying to get rid of the X-men in the comics or kill them off and replace them with the inhumans or even put them in their own separate earth away from the rest of the marvel superheroes, and none of that ever happened.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Am I the only one who thinks that the covers are a cool idea?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What does "lenticular" mean?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Thats ridiculous to claim that the ending of secret wars isn't a good enough reason for reed and his family to be missing.

And you're making it seem as if the roles that characters like Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm and victor von doom are in currently that somehow that isn't enough? that's silly.

They're doing something with the characters and acknowledging their history and that's good enough.
    No, you're just ignoring the obvious. Marvel is ignoring the Fantastic Four as much as they can because they don't have the film rights to them and the only reason the X-men aren't in the same situation is because they are too popular.

The team is gone
    There was a ban for any FF art
    There is a ban in all video games
    There was a ban in practically all outside media regarding the FF

You can't have these things and say "Ben and Johnny are still around so the FF are fine". And Doom doesn't count as he's grown to being practically a villain for the entire Marvel Universe.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    What does "lenticular" mean?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Oh, OK. I always called that a holographic cover.

Is this going to be an incentive thing or can a store order as many as you like because this sounds cool to me.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

So if Carol Danvers disappeared from all other media except comics and in the comics took of to investigate some unseen cosmic threat to the Marvel Universe but Ms. Marvel, the Ultimates, and other characters liked the Avengers, Guardians, and other mentioned her it'd be ok with you? Because I wouldn't be I don't want her getting the shaft anymore than the FF and they're getting the shaft which is sad because they are Marvel's first family.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As long as these are open to buy and don't require retailers to order more product than they can sell (which in turn makes it easier for customers to actually buy the variants instead of having to source them from ebay), they're cool. Heck, I bought the open to buy 3D covers for The Button and am preordering the same for Oz Effect.

When variants are gated behind incentive programs which Marvel frequently does, I find it annoying. I'd rather they just charge $1 extra for the variants like DC did.

That said, I think the industry as a whole is over reliant on variants.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

About the covers; then yes, you should always says that out loud, you never know when that could be true.

Except they aren't Johnny Storm is still with the uncanny avengers and has been making recurring cameos in the amazing spider-man and most recently made an apperance in the first issue of the new Peter Parker the spectacular spider-man series, and he even made a recent apperance in infamous iron man #9 and then you have Ben Grimm who has been making constant recurring appearances in infamous iron man since issue one and he met up with Johnny recently in infamous iron man #9 and they talked about how they miss reed and susan so they're not being forgotten, and finally you have victor von doom whose now the infamous iron man whose the obvious central main character of the infamous iron man series who will continue to have a significant in marvel legacy for the return of Tony stark in the iron man comics.

And as I said reed and his family are still rebuilding the multiverse so they actually have a reason to be absent.
    That's just an excuse; like that the adult Jean Grey has been picking up pieces of the Phoenix since 2004.

Or saying that Captain Marvel is not gone; she is simply helping Galactus to rebuild solar systems as Binary.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The covers are nice but these gimmicks are not what I think many of us want from Marvel right now.
    And even if marvel didn't want anything related to the fantastic four to be in the comics anymore they wouldn't of allowed various writers to use characters like Ben Grimm and johmny Storm and victor von doom, X-men fans claimed for a very long time that they were trying to get rid of the X-men in the comics or kill them off and replace them with the inhumans or even put them in their own separate earth away from the rest of the marvel superheroes, and none of that ever happened.
    Remove the Richards family and don't talk about what 'happened' to them, farm off Johnny, Ben, and Doom to other franchises... That's the death of the FF as a concept right there. And the X-Men only survived Marvel's attempt to drastically downplay them because too many people love the X-Men and practically no one cares about the Inhumans, thus efforts to supplant mutants with the Kree experiments failed. From the looks of the Inhumans trailer, they may fail on TV, too.

If you understand these situations and truly believe what you're saying that there're no issues, there's nothing I can say to change your mind.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-11-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Lenticular Covers!!! what a great deal! marvel! up the price on your books MORE! THAT"S how you ring in the costumers !!! great plan!

let's see Marvel HIKED up the PRICE on SE from 3.99 to 4.99(f.u.marvel) great plan!

Generations brings back NONE OF THE CLASSIC CHARACTERS! and there is 10 of them (stretched thru 2months!) 4.99 per book! 55 dollars spent on by non-marvel fans and new readers! great plan!

you're books sell les than 80,000 copies(asm) and Marvel is content with this , because WE charge 3.99 to 4.99 for each!(sucking the non-marvel readers and new readers dry!) great plan!

Misfire after misfire . I hope these influx of new readers and non-marvel people have some DEEP POCKETS! for this Cash Grab!.

I'm going straight to DC and looking back when the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    let's see Marvel HIKED up the PRICE on SE from 3.99 to 4.99(f.u.marvel) great plan!

Generations brings back NONE OF THE CLASSIC CHARACTERS! and there is 10 of them (stretched thru 2months!) 4.99 per book! 55 dollars spent on by non-marvel fans and new readers! great plan!
    In fairness to Marvel, all the issues of Secret Empire had story pages to match the $4.99 price point and had double covers (the outer cover being of nicer stock). Secret Empire #1 was actually as thick as Marvel's $5.99 books.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how $4.99 per book for 10 issues of Generations add up to $55 (unless you've got 10% tax or something).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja