Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Marvel Animation doesn't seem all that interested in promoting the Netflix heroes (at least as you'd recognize them), so I think a Defenders cartoon would probably be a longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they should consider a Defenders cartoon. It wouldn't necessarily have all 4 working together all the time. But it can be a sort of cartoon anthology where all the Netflix guys do their own thing but cross paths and work together occasionally.
    The less I see of the Netflix 4, the better. Really can't stand the unpleasent character of Jessic Jones and can't say I'm very fond of their portrail of Luke, and especially of Danny, either. Matt seems to me to be the only one they got right.
    I'd rather we got a good comic rolling for H4H before we think of a cartoon, however, with Luke and Danny stuck in faux Defenders world, don't see that happening anytime soon.
    In the absence of a true H4H team, I'd support a revival of Silver Sable's Wild Pack in the super-human for hire theme, though.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 10-29-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they should consider a Defenders cartoon. It wouldn't necessarily have all 4 working together all the time. But it can be a sort of cartoon anthology where all the Netflix guys do their own thing but cross paths and work together occasionally.
    Dont see the Marvel wanting current Defenders line up to be in their Animation. Seems currently they want the Defenders team to be more for their adult audience. A cartoon version sorta ruins the branding of that.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Dont see the Marvel wanting current Defenders line up to be in their Animation. Seems currently they want the Defenders team to be more for their adult audience. A cartoon version sorta ruins the branding of that.
    Which would explain why Iron Fist and Luke Cage (called Power Man) got phased out of Ultimate Spider-Man in the last couple of years of that cartoon's existence, and why Daredevil and Jessica Jones never made an appearance despite their connections to Spider-Man (Daredevil by virtue of years of recurrent team-ups, Jessica by virtue of going to Midtown High with Peter and having a crush on him in her backstory).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

there's virtually no excuse not to do a lot more in animation with Marvel's characters. But we'll see what happens. They need to get busy.

BANNED

Heroes for Hire #2 Aug 1997
    Blowup!
    Iron Fist leads his fledgling new super hero strike force into action against the villain who killed Captain Mar-Vell--Nitro the Exploding Man!

Meanwhile, Luke Cage is ambushed by agents of last issue's shadowy foe and the Black Knight receives a strange gift that may determine his fate!

Script by John Ostrander. Art by Pascual Ferry and Jaime Mendoza.

BANNED

Heroes for Hire #3 Sep 1997
    Give & Take
    Nitro is defeated by the timely arrival of the Black Knight.

Hercules leaves the Heroes for Hire while,

Luke Cage joins the Heroes for Hire.

Script by John Ostrander. Art by Pascual Ferry and Jaime Mendoza.

BANNED

Heroes for Hire #4 Oct 1997
    Controlled!

The Controller and the U-Foes set a trap for the Heroes for Hire.

Script by John Ostrander, pencils by Pascual Ferry, inks by Jaime Mendoza

I miss that storytelling. You could really feel Dane and Hercules' comradery.

BANNED

I'd like both of them to make their MCU debut post Avengers 4 2019

Astonishing Member

That Heroes for Hire comic book by John Ostrander seems great.
    I remember the ads way back and thinking it was a cool new comic book,but never saw it to be sold in the comic shops.
    Will have to remember to get the two TPBīs of that comic book.

Spectacular Member

Streams in the desert amazing panels, Marvel needs to go back to those types of stories.
    Last edited by Outlaw22; 12-22-2017 at 12:48 AM.

I wonder what became of the Villains for Hire. I know that Orka is deceased (after becoming a hero 4 hire, for awhile). Killer Shrike's turned up once or twice; unsure if it's the original because of the Hobgoblin. that leaves the whip lady. I'm pretty sure that she was a mutant. she sort of disappeared from the face of the Earth; not suprising given her shared name/motif. and then there's Lancaster Sneed. he appeared (wearing an updated costume) in Iron Man's title. hasn't been seen since, irrc.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    That Heroes for Hire comic book by John Ostrander seems great.
    I remember the ads way back and thinking it was a cool new comic book,but never saw it to be sold in the comic shops.
    Will have to remember to get the two TPBīs of that comic book.
    TOTALLY worth it!

Peace

BANNED

They are indeed!