BANNED

Default What someone says "It's All in Good Company", what does it mean?

To provide some context as an example: Let's say that a sports team you're a big fan of, someone famous you idolize, or just YOU alone, was in some game or competition or otherwise in any sort of big situation and that's say that you pretty much lost or didn't win or succeed at something and at first, the upsetting results feels like such a downer and a travesty for you. But then you took a nice look at yourself and then compare yourself to other people and then you say to yourself that "It's all in good company"

What does the expression mean to be precise?

Invincible Member

It means these people who you idolize lost or suffered in the exact same way you did so you shouldn't feel low self esteem.

I'm starting to think this guy is a sophisticated AI, studying hard to try and pass the Turing Test.

I've always heard it said. "You're in good company", and said a bit sarcastically.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I'm starting to think this guy is a sophisticated AI, studying hard to try and pass the Turing Test.
    Dude, the snark from you is real.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

It means you need a new jockstrap.

It's a way of saying there's more important things than winning. Or like, there's no shame in losing in a fair competition, where you did your best and just lost ... you know, you're then in the company of the vast majority of Olympic athletes, since obviously a lot more of them lose in the end than win ... as opposed to being in the company of like Tonya Harding or Lance Armstrong. Basically, don't cheat, and don't be a sore loser, because that's not good sportsmanship ... or good company.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine