Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics#983 [Spoilers]

Wow, that certainly didn't go the way I thought it was going.

The Squad mopped the floor with Supes' team for the majority of the book. Zod learned of Lois and Jon and there was a really left field cliffhanger for those two during their escape which goes to show Zod is a merciless mofo. Though from what Lois said about the ship, she decided to just send it off on autopilot and hid with Jon elsewhere in the fortress. Didn't expect him to send Henshaw and Eradicator [virtually all the Supes except Kara] into the Phantom Zone also.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-12-2017 at 05:11 AM.

BANNED

Next issue is going to be Lois and Jon coming to the rescue.

Bogdanovic's art continues to improve. Seeing him draw Kenan again reminded me of much I miss him on New Super-Man.

And I hope I'm wrong on this, but with Zod not sending Supergirl to the Phantom Zone, I have this queasy feeling that he's going to be written as wanting Supergirl to have children with him, because of him discovering that Superman has a family, and a half Kryptonian son.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 07-12-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Fantastic Member

This was great, it caught me off guard that Zod won out at the end.

Great display of his tactical mind and power. And I'm glad the Revenge Squad is not jobbing, and have won against the Superman family, as they should.

Can't wait to see how Jon/Lois pull them out.

Wow, just wow... At the start of Rebirth, the Superman comic was clearly, imo, superior to Action Comics, but since Reborn, even before with Men of Steel, is getting hard to tell wich one is better. And that's great.

Zod did what I always though Superman should do, just send all his enemies to the Phantom Zone. Now I imagine that Lois and Jon, maybe Kara, will be the one to get them out somehow.

It is good to see Zod as a tactician, he found out Clark's blindness when no one else could. He even has a psi-shield he developed through training, I guess Clark could learn a lesson or two from him. Only one issue left and we have yet to see a real fight between Zod and Kal.

Really digging the art in this issue. Do we know how long Bogdanovic will be on this title?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Really digging the art in this issue. Do we know how long Bogdanovic will be on this title?
    He's only listed for this issue, and the first Oz chapter.

But he might be part of the regular art team now, rotating with Zircher.

Zod was written well showing strategy in deducing Superman's blindness and cunning in outplaying the Cyborg Superman. Oh and powerful as well taking blows from Superman and defeaning him with that scream. But I was expecting more all out action between the Superman Family and the Revenge Squad and what we got was a let down honestly. Not enough action or story to satisfy really. Plus Cyborg Superman getting tricked undermines his putting the Squad together.
    Last edited by Lvenger; 07-12-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Incredible Member

Did Bogdanovic botch the panel where Eradicator & Cyborg get Zoned? The Cyborg looking surprised is one thing, but everything in the dialogue made it look like Eradicator was on board with the plan, yet he looks shocked too.

Also, it sure seemed like Lana and Kenan were beaten, yet they rushed to Superman's side (Kara also got away from her apparent-stalemate with Cyborg easily enough without getting heat-visioned in the back, while not even Steel tried to put Metallo down before heading toward Zod.)

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Next issue is going to be Lois and Jon coming to the rescue.

Bogdanovic's art continues to improve. Seeing him draw Kenan again reminded me of much I miss him on New Super-Man.

And I hope I'm wrong on this, but with Zod not sending Supergirl to the Phantom Zone, I have this queasy feeling that he's going to be written as wanting Supergirl to have children with him, because of him discovering that Superman has a family, and a half Kryptonian son.
    That thought never really crossed my mind, but it would be cool to see Zod try and make a move on Kara and have Jon go berserker over it, and give Zod a good beating before he regroups. Then have Kara go after Zod to help Jon once she gets her bearings.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-12-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really, really love Bogdanovic's art in this book. It kind of makes the whole issue for me. But credit where credit is due, Jurgens' Zod totally jibs with Williams' Zod from Squad. Dude is a lion with the mind of a tactician. Really appreciated the return of the third person speak. Really miss Bogdanovic's Kenan. Funny enough, I think the way that Blanque took down Kenan was pretty appropriate. The kid looks really good standing next to the rest of the fam.

Can't wait for Bogdanovic to come back for the start of the Oz arc.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think Oz is probably going to interfere to get Supes and crew out of the zone.

Art was okay with two notable exceptions: Eradicator and Cyborg Superman looked pretty bad, imo. Eradicator's visor looked like goggles, which is a big no-no, and Hank's face was really misshapen throughout.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Kneel before Zod!!!

Fantastic Member

This was a fun read. I wish the individual match-ups had gone on longer but I suppose there's not a lot of page time for all that. Considering the next chapter is the last, there's a lot to cover and wrap-up in the next issue.

Great job by Jurgens in writing Zod. He was cunning, ruthless, brutal, and had some anger management issues. Sheesh, he was really pissed when he found out Superman had a family. Can't wait for Superman to get his sight back and kick Zod's butt and his weird sideburns into the Phantom Zone.

I also liked how Lois and Jon are wild cards in all of this and look forward to what they will do to tip the scales back into the good guys' favor. I wonder where Krypto went though. That pooch needs to fight, too.