Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spirits Of Vengeance From Victor Gischler And David Baldeon

BANNED

Very happy with this, Ghost rider has had terrible art for years and just doesn't appeal to public but this is great.

Regardless of what Marvel say, Art is the thing that pulls a lot of people in.

BANNED

The creative team doesn't exactly get me pumped but neither does it turn me off. I'll definitely give this a shot and see how it is. I sure hope it does better by GR than the last volume of his solo title did.

Good/Great artist- I'm intrested in how his style will look with these characters (Feel he best at drawning teens/young adults) & awful choice as writer..

Easily my most anticipated title from Legacy. This has been a long time coming and I CAN'T WAIT.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member

I have been paying no attention whatsoever to Legacy but this looks really cool.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yeah! I'm in. I only know Victor Gischler from a Merc with a Mouth and I'm not at all familiar with the artist but I'm sold on the team alone.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm in. Loved marvel's nineties supernatural stuff

Mighty Member

Apparently I'm the only guy who thinks david baldeon is too cartoony for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Apparently I'm the only guy who thinks david baldeon is too cartoony for this.
    You aren't......

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Given how honest-to-God painfully poor Gischler's last vampire project for Marvel was, this does seem like quite a bizarre move. Certainly a disappointing one in my book.

Curse of the Mutants was bloody awful. Truly.

The event that gave us vampire Jubilee. Which resurrected a pantomime villain version of Dracula only to kill him instantly for the purposes of a deeply contrived plot.

'90s styled' is not a look or an ethos to be trying to emulate. The 90s was, without a doubt, a decade of truly bad storytelling papered over with ridiculous Roid Rage visuals - which looked both dated and rubbish even a couple of years later, let alone the better part of 2 decades later.

Don't get me wrong I love Marvel's horror characters. But they deserve a proper, considered adult approach of a relaunch. On past form Victor Gischler would pretty much be the poster boy for 'Wrong Person to Do This'.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

BANNED

It's just a stealth mini. It's dead on arrival. I was looking forward to this when the rumors spoke of Ewing being given the title to reboot the horror line, but... yeah, I'm not gonna bother. I'll just get the trade. I bet 10 virtual dollars this will be cancelled before issue 3 hits the stands.

You guys are so negative lol

Turns out this book will only be a mini-series. 5 issues. Kind of disappointed, but here's the official solicit:

SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #1 (of 5)
    VICTOR GISCHLER (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    COVER BY DAN MORA
    WAR AT THE GATES OF HELL Part 1
    A dead angel. A silver bullet. A kept promise. For ages, the war between Heaven and Hell raged in the unseen corners of society, both sides in delicate balance that could topple if the right weapons were in the wrong hands… When an undercover angel is murdered, Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider, must find the killers and punish them…But this time he won’t do it alone: A deadly team must rise from the darkest depths of the Marvel Universe to form an unholy alliance – HELLSTORM! SATANA! BLADE! They are the SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    You guys are so negative lol
    What? You expect people to read a comic before complaining about it? So naive.

BANNED

Well, good on them for advertising it as a mini instead of pretending it's an ongoing. I'll buy the trade surely.