Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

And with that, legacy is a streaming pile again.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    You guys are so negative lol

It's not like it's negative without a grounding or reason for it, though. Did you ever read Gischler's Curse of the Mutants? I mean that's pretty much what we have to gauge this on. And it was not god.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Well, good on them for advertising it as a mini instead of pretending it's an ongoing. I'll buy the trade surely.
    Unfortunately advertising it as a mini probably means it won't sell as well (not that I thought it would sell that great anyways, though I'm hopeful).

But it means in the least we get a complete story beginning, middle, and end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    It's not like it's negative without a grounding or reason for it, though. Did you ever read Gischler's Curse of the Mutants? I mean that's pretty much what we have to gauge this on. And it was not god.
    Good is relative, though I can't comment on his Curse of the Mutants as I've not read most of it. And generally speaking, all negativity is justified by personal reasons.

I would just like to think amid the disappointing Legacy announcements, that one of the few new titles consisting of characters who are rarely given a chance, might be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Unfortunately advertising it as a mini probably means it won't sell as well (not that I thought it would sell that great anyways, though I'm hopeful).

But it means in the least we get a complete story beginning, middle, and end.
    I recall someone from Marvel going on record as saying announcing a title as a miniseries is a kiss of death or something along those lines. Probably a bad move on their part, though with the controversies surrounding the cancelling of BP & The Crew after one issue, Marvel clearly thinks taking risks with new titles that might fail need some foolproofing.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-12-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Turns out this book will only be a mini-series. 5 issues. Kind of disappointed, but here's the official solicit:

SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #1 (of 5)
    VICTOR GISCHLER (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    COVER BY DAN MORA
    WAR AT THE GATES OF HELL Part 1
    A dead angel. A silver bullet. A kept promise. For ages, the war between Heaven and Hell raged in the unseen corners of society, both sides in delicate balance that could topple if the right weapons were in the wrong hands… When an undercover angel is murdered, Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider, must find the killers and punish them…But this time he won’t do it alone: A deadly team must rise from the darkest depths of the Marvel Universe to form an unholy alliance – HELLSTORM! SATANA! BLADE! They are the SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE!
    It's a mini?! Well that's a strike against it tight there. Guess marvel doesn't think this book will sell. At least i don't have to make shelf space for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It's a mini?! Well that's a strike against it tight there. Guess marvel doesn't think this book will sell. At least i don't have to make shelf space for it now.
    I don't get why it would make a difference. If the book does well, we may get another series.

Writing it off because it's a mini-series and therefore won't sell well is a bit of an oxymoron, no? I mean, aren't you contributing to the problem?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Turns out this book will only be a mini-series. 5 issues. Kind of disappointed, but here's the official solicit:

SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #1 (of 5)
    VICTOR GISCHLER (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    COVER BY DAN MORA
    WAR AT THE GATES OF HELL Part 1
    A dead angel. A silver bullet. A kept promise. For ages, the war between Heaven and Hell raged in the unseen corners of society, both sides in delicate balance that could topple if the right weapons were in the wrong hands… When an undercover angel is murdered, Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider, must find the killers and punish them…But this time he won’t do it alone: A deadly team must rise from the darkest depths of the Marvel Universe to form an unholy alliance – HELLSTORM! SATANA! BLADE! They are the SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE!
    Good. And wouldn't it make more sense for a miniseries to do better in sales since readers won't be spending that much money in the longterm?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    What? You expect people to read a comic before complaining about it? So naive.
    ??

These are all valid concerns, are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Good. And wouldn't it make more sense for a miniseries to do better in sales since readers won't be spending that much money in the longterm?
    I think by making it a mini-series, Marvel may be implying a lack of faith that translates into the readership viewing the book as unimportant and thus, contributing to lower sales.

Upcoming Reading:

BANNED

I don't get why it would make a difference. If the book does well, we may get another series.

Writing it off because it's a mini-series and therefore won't sell well is a bit of an oxymoron, no? I mean, aren't you contributing to the problem?
    Yeah, fans always bitch when a series is announced as an ongoing but then ends up being a stealth mini.

So if they're being upfront about it being a mini, shouldn't that be seen as a good thing? Yeah, I'd like an ongoing for SoV but if this is successful, that's an incentive for Marvel to either do another mini or to launch an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, fans always bitch when a series is announced as an ongoing but then ends up being a stealth mini.

So if they're being upfront about it being a mini, shouldn't that be seen as a good thing? Yeah, I'd like an ongoing for SoV but if this is successful, that's an incentive for Marvel to either do another mini or to launch an ongoing.
    Again, I think Marvel implies a lack of faith when they announce a title like this as a mini. It's obvious that BP & The Crew and the plethora of other books cancelled after 6 issues left them a bit shook.

This isn't a Deadpool or Spider-man mini where the core titles are successful, or an event tie-in that gets a boost from being tied to an event. This is a book tossed into the pool of Marvel Legacy titles that aren't minis, and I think people see it as a lack of faith that the title will sell, and that translates to the readership viewing the title as unimportant. Because if Marvel doesn't even think the title is worth pursuing as an ongoing, why should the readership?

Obviously, I'm playing devil's advocate here though. I'm getting the book regardless, and I hope it's amazing and flies off the shelves and spawns spinoffs and everything, but Marvel has and continues to be out of touch.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Upcoming Reading:

BANNED

Again, I think Marvel implies a lack of faith when they announce a title like this as a mini. It's obvious that BP & The Crew and the plethora of other books cancelled after 6 issues left them a bit shook.

This isn't a Deadpool or Spider-man mini where the core titles are successful, or an event tie-in that gets a boost from being tied to an event. This is a book tossed into the pool of Marvel Legacy titles that aren't minis, and I think people see it as a lack of faith that the title will sell, and that translates to the readership viewing the title as unimportant. Because if Marvel doesn't even think the title is worth pursuing as an ongoing, why should the readership?

Obviously, I'm playing devil's advocate here though. I'm getting the book regardless, and I hope it's amazing and flies off the shelves and spawns spinoffs and everything, but Marvel has and continues to be out of touch.
    I think people just want to complain no matter what.

If it's announced as an ongoing: "It'll be cancelled in a year! Why should I even bother?"

If it's announced as a mini: "Marvel obviously doesn't have any faith in this - why should I even bother?"

Personally, I'm just glad Marvel's doing something with these characters.

And if they're testing the water with a mini and someone wants to see more of these characters, why not support this and send the message that, yeah, there really is an audience for this.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Spirits of Vengeance...whatever happened to Danny Ketch post-Aaron?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think people just want to complain no matter what.

If it's announced as an ongoing: "It'll be cancelled in a year! Why should I even bother?"

If it's announced as a mini: "Marvel obviously doesn't have any faith in this - why should I even bother?"

Personally, I'm just glad Marvel's doing something with these characters.

And if they're testing the water with a mini and someone wants to see more of these characters, why not support this and send the message that, yeah, there really is an audience for this.
    I agree that people should give this book a chance regardless as to whether or not this is a mini, but I also don't think marvel didn't help this title by doing so. Feels it's easier to influence something you have control over then something you don't.

Words cannot express how happy I am to see these characters back together again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Speaking of Spirits of Vengeance...whatever happened to Danny Ketch post-Aaron?
    Claims he's depowered in an offhanded Spider-man issue. Can't even remember which one. Pointless.

Upcoming Reading:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    It's just a stealth mini. It's dead on arrival. I was looking forward to this when the rumors spoke of Ewing being given the title to reboot the horror line, but... yeah, I'm not gonna bother. I'll just get the trade. I bet 10 virtual dollars this will be cancelled before issue 3 hits the stands.

When people ask how come they don't advertise them as miniseries let's look back at posts like this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    When people ask how come they don't advertise them as miniseries let's look back at posts like this
    That was posted BEFORE I knew it was a mini. And I'm sorry, but not every single person is based in the US and has an LCS two blocks away. The only way I can get my books is to Pre-Order them through a subscription service two months before their publication date. Marvel announcing books as ongoings and then cancelling midway through has burned me a lot of times and caused me to lose issues on other titles. Which in turn had me paying after-market prices and shipping. So yeah, when a mini is a mini, I'd like to know it, and not have Marvel be "nah, it's an ongoing, trust us", only to cancel it two months after its announcement.