Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah, this is as disappointing as when we found out The Unworthy Thor was a mini. Oh well, at least they are being realistic as to how much of this book they want to put out there. And the writer knowing exactly when and how to end his story is always a good thing. Hopefully it'll be good. I like the solicit.

Incredible Member

This is one of the few things coming out of Marvel Legacy that I am interested in.

I'm fine with it being a mini too. Probably will get the trade if I hear good things about it.

If this does really good I can easily see Marvel making it an ongoing or they could take one of the characters and spin them off into their own book.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Blade needs to be unapologetic, and extremely competent at what he does. At least as competent as Wolverine (Logan) is. He should be his own leader and bristle at “constantly” taking orders.
    No more robot hand. He grew it back. Vampirey powers. Leave it at that.
    He should have plenty of weapons to take on various kinds of monsters and supernatural creatures. He should be the inventor of many of these devices. He should be very tech-savvy, the most out of this group of adventurers.
    Blade should be a ladies’ man. Women should be drawn to him. His gaze is hypnotic to them. (Note he wears the sunglasses.) Blacula 2017. We never see any kind of interest in women reflected. Change this.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Apologies, I misunderstood. I interpreted "guess I don't have to clear up shelf space" as a no-buy.

You can't be talking about Aaron's GR run, which was like 10 years ago. That was the highest selling Ghost Rider book in the last 20 years. Are you referring to Alejandra's book?
    Well, i was kind of unclear about that; i just didn't feel the need to explain how i store my comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Speaking of Spirits of Vengeance...whatever happened to Danny Ketch post-Aaron?
    His last appearance was in Superior Spider-Man Annual 1...He seems to be powerless...

Huh, thought this would be a Johnny Blaze/Robbie Reyes team-up book, though I don't doubt that Reyes might show up at some point. Nonetheless, the books sounds awesome (shame it's a mini, though).

5 issues aka Alonso saying we need this to keep the trademark. Good team but this being a mini already has just ended the hype.

BANNED

Shouldn't matter if this is a mini or not, if you like or interested in these characters surely you'll pick it up?

I love GR and Blade so I'm all in.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Not overly excited about Victor Gischler writing Blade again, but this concept and the choice of characters has me super excited. Any book that gives me a Blade/Blaze team is required reading as far as I'm concerned
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Again, I think Marvel implies a lack of faith when they announce a title like this as a mini. It's obvious that BP & The Crew and the plethora of other books cancelled after 6 issues left them a bit shook.

This isn't a Deadpool or Spider-man mini where the core titles are successful, or an event tie-in that gets a boost from being tied to an event. This is a book tossed into the pool of Marvel Legacy titles that aren't minis, and I think people see it as a lack of faith that the title will sell, and that translates to the readership viewing the title as unimportant. Because if Marvel doesn't even think the title is worth pursuing as an ongoing, why should the readership?

Obviously, I'm playing devil's advocate here though. I'm getting the book regardless, and I hope it's amazing and flies off the shelves and spawns spinoffs and everything, but Marvel has and continues to be out of touch.
    If they didn't have any faith in it, they probably wouldn't have greenlit it in the first place. I think it has more to do with the market and Marvel's business model. They're afraid that if they announce certain things as minis, even fans who like the characters will be, "Cool! I'll wait until it's collected and read the story all at once!" Marvel will miss out on some preorders and monthly sales. Whereas if they keep mum, some folks will still trade wait, but they're hoping a few will be like, "Hmm. This might be the next big thing, I'll jump in on the ground floor."

The problem is Marvel done the stealth mini thing so many times, now fans are starting to go, "Meh, they'll just cancel it in year...why get excited?"