Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I liked this book, even if I'll have to read it again a lot of time, because it felt so packed with informations. I just have a question : do you think that the Three-Eyed horror Carter saw in the Dark Multiverse was a vision of Despero ? After hall, a Hawkman was killed recently by Despero, who is now alive again because of Nth Metal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    Bruce doesn't really have Diana's bracelets and Arthur's trident, they were holograms or emulations of them. Tuning fork was used to track the metal's energy traces in the world, and it is probably made of the same metal itself.

Apparently the event has made DC unvierse more bat-centered. Hawk people have connections to Robins, and artifacts made of Bat-metal are used by many heroes, villains and gods. Those evil Batman are probably more of alternative versions of other heroes/villains corrupted by the evil bat-energy, than simply alternative versions of Batman.
    Bat energy,Bat metal,what even.

I enjoyed much of Snyder's Batman run but I really dislike how he's made the Joker into an almost supernatural being. He's not just a brilliant psychopath anymore. He seems to know everything and commits all these superhuman acts. I recall him killing a roomful of armed cops with his bare hands. Here he's like some freaking oracle who knows all and sees all.
    Sometimes his versions of Batgod and Jokergod are just too much.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-12-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    *shrug* This book has been doing nothing to me.

It's a mystery!

MYSTERIOUS FOREBODING MYSTERIOUS FOREBODING

The Metal!

MYSTERIOUS FOREBODING MYSTERIOUS FOREBODING

Bat Beings!

I really can't even tell what they're trying to go for here. It's just bizarre.
    From what we already know, a Bat-themed evil is using a metal to infiltrate other universes/multiverses to prepare for its invasion, probably a bit like Tiberium from C&C or Markers from Dead Space. Batman is a unwitting agent it planted to execute the final steps of its plan.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 07-12-2017 at 11:48 PM.

The part where batman uses the power of spoilers:
    SHAZAM
    end of spoilers for fuel to run his machine, is very reminiscent of that tower Alexander Luxthor used in Infinity Crisis
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I liked this book, even if I'll have to read it again a lot of time, because it felt so packed with informations. I just have a question : do you think that the Three-Eyed horror Carter saw in the Dark Multiverse was a vision of Despero ? After hall, a Hawkman was killed recently by Despero, who is now alive again because of Nth Metal.
    I hope not, because it would be rather anti-climatic... like we are already building this up as a multiverse-shaking event and the big threat is the guy with an extra eye and fins on his head?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I enjoyed much of Snyder's Batman run but I really dislike how he's made the Joker into an almost supernatural being. He's not just a brilliant psychopath anymore. He seems to know everything and commits all these superhuman acts. I recall him killing a roomful of armed cops with his bare hands. Here he's like some freaking oracle who knows all and sees all.
    Sometimes his versions of Batgod and Jokergod are just too much.
    I think this Joker is primarily his Joker and not the main Joker so to speak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think this Joker is primarily his Joker and not the main Joker so to speak.
    Something doesn't quite gel. I understand that the Joker Batman kept in his basement is the New 52 one, since he mentions both getting his face removed and Death of the Family and I kinda assumed Batman fished him out of the depths and put him in the secret box after that.

So who was the smiling guy sharing Bruce's bench when Bruce couldn't remember he was Batman? Because I thought that guy was also supposed to be the Joker with a regrown face that was never explained.
    Or am I just missing something?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Something doesn't quite gel. I understand that the Joker Batman kept in his basement is the New 52 one, since he mentions both getting his face removed and Death of the Family and I kinda assumed Batman fished him out of the depths and put him in the secret box after that.

So who was the smiling guy sharing Bruce's bench when Bruce couldn't remember he was Batman? Because I thought that guy was also supposed to be the Joker with a regrown face that was never explained.
    Or am I just missing something?
    That's perhaps a faulty assumption. I more tend to suspect that smiling bench Joker reverted back to Joker and Batman quietly took and kept him. Or Batman took smiling bench guy and while being captive, he reverted back to regular uncle Joker. Maybe shed that skin paint he was wearing.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Good but short Snyder interview:
    http://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-reve...-days-casting/
    The most interesting section:
    CBR: So one of the big motifs in The Casting is this idea of Bats vs. Birds — It’s obviously directly related to a lot of stuff here, Hawkman, the Blackhawks, the Court of Owls — but there’s one set of birds that hasn’t been called out yet. How is the Bats vs. Birds motif going to factor into the Robins, or even the rest of the Batman mythology?

SNYDER: Oh man, let me figure out a way to say this without spoiling. [Laughs] Let’s see… Well, I can say this. We wanted the war of Birds and Bats to be something that goes all the way back to early days of man, and even further than that, to a theological level. It’s almost cosmic in the story.

The idea is that there is a bat thing, in continuity, in DC history, that to me is totemic and could be as big as the things that inspire, like, pantheons and mythology. Or, maybe it’s older and more ancient and scary than that. So, in the way, it’s this thing that argues that the bat is a symbol of not just darkness, but something that works as a messenger from nightmares. It’s a symbol that Batman has actually co-opted to mean the reverse of that, where he’s taken the bat and made it about bravery and facing fear.

So this thing is going to say, “you took my symbol and I’m coming to get it back.” This thing wants to show how Batman is actually going to be the lever it pulls with all the alternate Dark Knights to [reclaim that symbol]. Batman thinks he’s a symbol that inspires people to do better but this thing wants to show that he’s actually something that makes everyone too afraid to ever go out in the light again.

To be really clear, it’s not an “evil Batman” story in terms of Bruce turning evil, but it is a story about evil Batmen where there are these multiple nightmare versions of Batman.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    That's perhaps a faulty assumption. I more tend to suspect that smiling bench Joker reverted back to Joker and Batman quietly took and kept him. Or Batman took smiling bench guy and while being captive, he reverted back to regular uncle Joker. Maybe shed that skin paint he was wearing.
    At some point in the casting, Joker talk about a "voice" bringing him back to himself, even against his wish. I think that the dyonisium in him reacted to Batman's return by forcing the Joker to cease to be normal again. In doing so, it probably "leaked" some sort of information he lacked and he understood what Batman was doing and why he had to be stopped... but like Duke told in ASB to Bruce, the Joker is Batman's blindspot : even if Joker had tried to talk about it to Batman, it would have amounted to nothing.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-13-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Does no one in the DCU go to to their yearly check up with their GP, get labs done, and realize they have all these extra metals coursing through them?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I liked the bit where "meta" is "metal".
    I loved that, too!

All because of a computer's limited output. HA!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I loved that, too!

All because of a computer's limited output. HA!
    You guys actually liked that? To each their own, but I thought it was absolutely stupid and I guarantee you that 10-15 years from now, Meta Humans will still be around and the metal won't be getting brought up.

I felt like there were 3 storyline and two of them I liked, and one of them was really dumb. I liked the Duke and Hal vs Joker, I liked the Batman part, but jesus was the Hawkman portion super dumb.