Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    So would that be considered a superpower? It has great thematic potential but also a lot of pitfalls that go against the character's celebrated simplicity.
    If that's a superpower, then that's a power that exist in THIS universe.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't see it as superpower, more like ancient destiny weighting on Batman.
    I could be open to that, though only cautiously optimistic given the grandiosity of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    If that's a superpower, then that's a power that exist in THIS universe.
    Meaning what? Out of continuity, or this Dark Multiverse thing?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, I hate to say it but I thought this was terrible. I've very much liked a lot of what Snyder and Tynion have written but this seems to be a mix of their worst tendencies (everything ties together - even when they really, really shouldn't) and a weird and utterly futile attempt to mimic Grant Morrison - all presented through jarring art changes, over-written dialogue/ narration and a plot that is incomprehensible to anyone who hasn't read everyone of Snyder's last three-thousand Batman issues.

And, yes, I get that Batman is clearly the easiest superhero to write and that even when the DCU is down in the dumps quality-wise, the Batman line usually maintains a fairly high level of quality control but man, am I tired of him being the focal point of the DC Universe - and DC Entertainment in general. They have such a huge roster of great characters that it's such a pity that they won't allow most of them to step out of Batman's shadow. I mean, honestly, have you seen the solicits for October? It reads like Batman and (a few) friends.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.