Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I won't be seeing this.
    I remember when those murders happened and read Helter Skelter.
    It would just be too disturbing for me to watch.
    I don't want to see a Hollywood pretty boy play a homicidal messionic maniac and the brutal deaths of beautiful young people.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-16-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I won't be seeing this.
    I don't want to see a Hollywood pretty boy play a homicidal messionic maniac and the brutal deaths of beautiful young people.
    Perfectly understandable.

Invincible Member

As much as I like Tarantino, I hope it's not really about the Manson Murders. Hoping it's a thriller and the murders are just the back drop. Or perhaps it's a fictionalized version or even a satire.

I'm not sure Q has it in him to do a serious drama about this subject.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    As much as I like Tarantino, I hope it's not really about the Manson Murders. Hoping it's a thriller and the murders are just the back drop. Or perhaps it's a fictionalized version or even a satire.

I'm not sure Q has it in him to do a serious drama about this subject.
    There's a rumor going around that it will be heavily fictionalized and not even feature Manson at all, just the family, and Sharon Tate returning from the grave to exact revenge. I haven't seen any validity to these rumors as of yet though so don't take my word on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    There's a rumor going around that it will be heavily fictionalized and not even feature Manson at all, just the family, and Sharon Tate returning from the grave to exact revenge. I haven't seen any validity to these rumors as of yet though so don't take my word on that.
    Well that seems rather tasteless, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I'm interested to see who they'll get to play Manson. All film portrayals of him have been unimpressive(imo).
    I've only watched one because the whole thing is disturbing and once was enough. But I've seen interviews with Manson and, in my opinion, Steve Railsback absolutely nailed Manson.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

No Kill Bill 3!

Curious. Will this be a serious attempt at doing a dramatic interpretation of these events? I hope it's not given the semi-history twist that was seen in Inglourious Basterds. In that film the protagonists killed Hitler, which did not really happen.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I won't be seeing this.
    Part of me feels the same way. Were you around when Zodiac happened? Just curious. Fincher's adaption of one of the survivors novel is a masterpiece, though.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-18-2017 at 12:35 AM.

I won't be seeing this.
    Having seen film of Manson running his mouth and spouting his bigotry, although I am generally against the Death penalty, it makes me wish his ass hadn't been saved by California doing away with the Death penalty when it did leading to decades of wasting money keeping this trash alive to spout his hatred. Y'know what. Forget the sublety and blathering about the nuances of Manson. Just show him as the raving murdering psychopath with an incomprehensible charisma in the minds of cultist types. But then again, that was done long ago. "Helter Skelter" already did the story. The end. Then again, admittedly not a Tarantino fan to begin with.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member

Let me second that Fincher's Zodiac is a masterpiece. I was not alive during that time, but it brought me into that period of time. I think QT can make a serious film about the murder, but it wouldn't shock me to see a lot of fun stuff before the murders happen. If its Tate back from the dead then that is just stupid.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    See...if it's Tarantino, I'd rather see him just do that...a straight out campy exploitation flick. As a opposed to trying to do a serious biopic/period piece and then having him swipe scenes from genre movies and odd pop music choices. If it's supposed to be a serious film I don't want to see a "trunk scene" or "bare foot " shots or have anyone say, "Pay attention because this concerns you."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Even if QT goes with a "Natural Born Killers" campy exploitation approach to this film, it will be hard and disappointing to many to avoid Charlie and not cast him very well.

He's a fascinating character, as so many books and biopics and movies and etc have realized. This warped perversion of the 60s ethos.

While I could love a "Natural Born Killers" campy exploitation approach, I could also love Tarantino trying a radically different Fincheresque/restrained take.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Part of me feels the same way. Were you around when Zodiac happened? Just curious. Fincher's adaption of one of the survivors novel is a masterpiece, though.
    I was and I did see the film. It was more a psychological thriller than what this would be.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!