Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Having seen film of Manson running his mouth and spouting his bigotry, although I am generally against the Death penalty, it makes me wish his ass hadn't been saved by California doing away with the Death penalty when it did leading to decades of wasting money keeping this trash alive to spout his hatred. Y'know what. Forget the sublety and blathering about the nuances of Manson. Just show him as the raving murdering psychopath with an incomprehensible charisma in the minds of cultist types. But then again, that was done long ago. "Helter Skelter" already did the story. The end. Then again, admittedly not a Tarantino fan to begin with.
    I like Tarintino a !ot, but I agree with what you are saying about Manson and Helter Skelter.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I have more trouble with something like ZERO DARK THIRTY as in "something awfully too close to my present time" than I have with an entertaining flick about a 40 or 30 year old crime. I hope something like that will never happen again btw but I don't know the victims personally. No "fake mourning" from me. Hopefully the press doesn't harrass any survivors, that would be far worse than what Tarrantino has planned.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.

BANNED

Video from a year ago during a Q&A for Manson at Tarantino's theatre. You can hear Tarantino asking Robert Hendrickson a question at one point.

From the site about the document:

MANSON (DIRECTOR IN PERSON!) {SOLD OUT!}
    Rare screening!

Director Robert Hendrickson will join us, schedule permitting, to discuss the film!

Manson
    remains one of the most powerful documentaries on Charles Manson, chock-full of actual footage of The Family shot at the Spahn Ranch, linked to interviews with prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi, ranch owner George Spahn, as well as Family members, Mary Brunner, Bruce Davis, Lynnette “Squeaky” Fromme, Sandra Good, Steve ‘Clem’ Grogan and even Manson himself. There is also an extensive look at Manson’s criminal background and misfortune-filled upbringing prior to his evolution into a guru for the dark side of sixties counterculture. The film was nominated for an Academy Award as Best Documentary in 1973.

Make me wonder how long he's being thinking about doing a Manson movie. When he was on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast for The Hateful Eight I don't think they talked about Manson much, and I think the subject may have come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    There's a rumor going around that it will be heavily fictionalized and not even feature Manson at all, just the family, and Sharon Tate returning from the grave to exact revenge. I haven't seen any validity to these rumors as of yet though so don't take my word on that.
    So Kill Bill 3?

BANNED

Quentin Tarantino Seeking New Movie Home: Studios Reading #9 This Week

This was rumored last week I think.

The first order of business is to secure the studio that will finance, market and distribute a movie that will begin production in mid-2018 for a 2019 release. All of the majors are in except for Disney, which doesn’t make the R-rated milieu that Tarantino has always worked in. I’m told that the script has strong commercial appeal, and if there is a film of Tarantino’s it can be best compared to, it would be Pulp Fiction, which also was set in Los Angeles about a decade after this one. The film will carry a budget in the range of Django Unchained, and it is expected that the hard conversations will begin early next week, with a deal culminating within the next two weeks.

Wonder if Disney not being there has more to do with him saying he'd never work with them again after The Hateful Eight. Disney does have Touchstone after all specifically to make things they wouldn't under the Disney brand.

Tiny bit about the movie in the article too

There has been a lot of press that the script focuses on Charles Manson and the murder spree he orchestrated, but I’m told that is akin to calling Inglourious Basterds a movie about Adolf Hitler, when the Nazi leader was only in a scene or two. Deadline reported months ago that Margot Robbie had been asked to play Manson murder victim Sharon Tate, and Tarantino has roles for — and has had conversations with — the likes of Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson, who’ve all starred in his movies before. But no casting commitments have been made so far.

Invincible Member

The latest rumor is that the film is not actually about Manson. It'll be about an actor in LA and the murders are part of what's happening during his time there.

Invincible Member

Here's a trailer for that movie we were talking about.

BANNED

I haven’t seen a Tarantino film I’ve outright disliked. Some were lukewarm (Hateful 8, Resevoir Dogs), and some I was enthralled by (Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, and the Kill Bills), and then of course I still haven’t seen them all.

But I can’t remember ever seeing a trailer for any of his movies. This trailer doesn’t give me any sense of what this movie is supposed to be about. Is that par for the course with Tarantino first films?

Also, did the “carry his load” seem to be dripping with subtext to anyone else?
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 03-21-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I haven’t seen a Tarantino film I’ve outright disliked. Some were lukewarm (Hateful 8, Resevoir Dogs), and some I was enthralled by (Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, and the Kill Bills), and then of course I still haven’t seen them all.

But I can’t remember ever seeing a trailer for any of his movies. This trailer doesn’t give me any sense of what this movie is supposed to be about. Is that par for the course with Tarantino first films?

Also, did the “carry his load” seem to be dripping with subtext to anyone else?
    This trailer makes it look like the movie is about the misadventures of two actors during the late 60's. I've read that it'll be different interconnecting stories similar to Pulp Fiction. I guess we'll see when it comes out.

And yes lots of people caught the "load" bit.