Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Superman questions you want DC to answer...

What things would you like DC to answer in regards to Superman?

Some of my questions are:

Why did you kill off Kal-L? And do you have any regrets about doing so?

Was the New 52 really the result of the Siegel lawsuit?

Was the post-Crisis Superman meant to be an over-correction to the Silver Age?

Was Birthright really meant to be an Ultimates version of Superman that just got incorporated into mainstream canon? And why did it go so poorly?

Will you ever bring back Conner?

Why did you turn Earth Prime Superboy into a villain?
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Why keep both Martha and Jonathan dead? Why not restore Martha seeing as she plays a part in the DCEU?
    How much of Convergence remains canon? If any at all? If so, does that mean the original Crisis wasn't averted after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Why keep both Martha and Jonathan dead? Why not restore Martha seeing as she plays a part in the DCEU?
    How much of Convergence remains canon? If any at all? If so, does that mean the original Crisis wasn't averted after all?
    Of course if the original COIE was averted that technically means Kal-L is still out there and Superboy Prime never turned evil because they were never sent to the limbo dimension.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

In comic book Superman, Clark's parents were always dead before he became Superman--right up until 1986. In live-action screen version Superman, Clark's mother always seems to outlive his father--only exception being LOIS AND CLARK, where they're both alive. They were also alive in SUPERBOY, but he still hadn't changed his name to Superman.

Why should the comics follow the screen versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'd ask this of DC as well.

I'd actually ask why they decided to have them stay alive in the post-Crisis era in the first place.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

1) Is there a base idea or ideas that Superman regardless of the times should adhere to ... or do you just go with what sells in 2017 defines Superman for 2017?
    2) Are you trying to build a fanbase or counting on controversy and fan-wars to sell Superman books?
    3) What exactly is a Superman editor's job?

nevermind
    10char
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 07-12-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

When do you plan to reboot Superman next time and give him a new origin? 2018 or 2019?

When are you going to renew the pre-Crisis Earth-One/Earth-Two set-up, at least in spirit? You've got a lot of good and popular ideas that for various reasons can't happen in current canon (especially with Superman), and a built in way to conjure up any new Earth under the sun to explore them under while at the same time restoring a classic piece of DC lore. Again, at the very least symbolically. The number designations will be different is all.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    1) Is there a base idea or ideas that Superman regardless of the times should adhere to ... or do you just go with what sells in 2017 defines Superman for 2017?
    2) Are you trying to build a fanbase or counting on controversy and fan-wars to sell Superman books?
    3) What exactly is a Superman editor's job?

I like these questions

I wouldn't mind them telling us who they think Kon is in their opinion,or what they want him to be

Sarcastic or serious questions? With expectations we'll get real answers or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    When do you plan to reboot Superman next time and give him a new origin? 2018 or 2019?
    Cue snare drum!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Sarcastic or serious questions? With expectations we'll get real answers or not?

Whether or not we'll get real answers is up for debate. But you would at least have the opportunity to ask them.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

How does Eddie Berganza still have a job?