Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Three new Hellboyverse series from Mike Mignola!

Rasputin: Voice of the Dragon (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten & Dave Stewart)

Koshchei the Deathless (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Ben Stenbeck & Dave Stewart) - so happy it was finally announced!

Last edited by Shargor; 07-12-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Amazing Member

Hellboy: Krampus (one-shot by Mike Mignola & Adam Hughes)

You can find the announcement here: http://nerdist.com/mike-mignola-hell...ive-interview/
    Last edited by Shargor; 07-12-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    Koshchei the Deathless (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Ben Stenbeck & Dave Stewart) - so happy it was finally announced!
    Yeah, me too.
    Hellboy: Krampus (one-shot by Mike Mignola & Adam Hughes)
    Nerdist corrected that title. It's Hellboy: Krampusnacht. It's the annual winter special, but this time there's only one story.

Buff! To. The. Teeth.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Very excited to Mignola back to writing books.

All-New Member

The description of the Koschei miniseries states that he receives help from Hellboy in Hell in some capacity. Sounds like Koschei is telling his tale to Hellboy. Very curious if this is post the final issue of Hellboy in Hell or takes place sometime during the run of HOH. I know HOH #10 was meant as an ending for Hellboy but I feel it was more of ending of Mike drawing him. I still feel like Hellboy has got to be involved with the wrap up o the Mignolaverse when we near the end of BPRD cycle 3. At least I hope so. That Liz flash forward or whatever it was still needs to make sense somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    I still feel like Hellboy has got to be involved with the wrap up o the Mignolaverse when we near the end of BPRD cycle 3. At least I hope so. That Liz flash forward or whatever it was still needs to make sense somehow.
    Well, how I've been reading things, beyond the Liz flash there'd also be Hellboy's destiny, which technically still hasn't been disproven or sidestepped at all I would think.

[!SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE HELLBOY BOOKS!]

Plus as of Darkness Calls or actually as of the violent 'blood moment' in Hellboy: The Island (collected in 'Strange Places') poignantly odd stuff starts happening to Hellboy I found - more than ever (like Hellboy visiting the late Harry Middleton in his house or him meeting with giants and much of the Arthurian hoopla in the flesh). Like Hellboy may have started feeling his own definite demise by then already.

Then, after the forward Nimue Dragon sending him down into Hell, Hellboy felt done with the whole destiny thing but you gotta wonder whether that would really change anything.

And before the ending he got pinned to a tree and seemed to 'give in', with practically saying so yet without explaining to what exactly. Not giving in to his death or his demise since he was there already.

So my feeling is that no definite mention or implication has been made yet that the depictions of Hellboy's passing couldn't mean he'd still be to appear at the very end, being once the Apocalypse happens. A moment foretold (HB: the Storm & the Fury) as occurring on an eternal battleground called Vigrid being to appear out of thin air once it must.

For me Hellboy in HIH #10 seems to come to terms with his actual passing, meaning at that point his existence seems over and done with, except for the knowledge that ultimate doom is destined to be of his own doing.
    I don't think he'll get to be doing much else as such.

And I do not dare to expect the reader will actually get to see doom happening since it seems too finite, instead I do hope for implications or as clearer visions in other titles, like BPRD and such.
    I would guess Koshchei takes place either somewhere during Hellboy In Hell, or during 'the trilogy of books' before that. But that's just me. Pure conjecture on my part here, but yeah.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-14-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling Koshchei...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    The description of the Koschei miniseries states that he receives help from Hellboy in Hell in some capacity. Sounds like Koschei is telling his tale to Hellboy. Very curious if this is post the final issue of Hellboy in Hell or takes place sometime during the run of HOH.
    This gives me hope for someday seeing a Sir Edward Grey story set in Hell too...

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    This gives me hope for someday seeing a Sir Edward Grey story set in Hell too...

I'm drooling at the mouth for this. So much left unanswered there

Oh yes, I can't help anticipating the story to Sir Edward's receiving and being freed of that ancient copper mask of his!

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Oh yes, I can't help anticipating the story to Sir Edward's receiving and being freed of that ancient copper mask of his!
    I can never get enough Witchfinder.

But, yeah this is all great news. We get the annual winter special one month early and with Adam Hughes on the art, we get a WWII Rasputin story with Christopher Mitten back for more after Rise of the Black Flame (stunning work from him and Dave Stewart), and Koshchei the Deathless (a story I've been waiting for for years).

Quick, get the Fiumara brothers on the phone.

, and Koshchei the Deathless (a story I've been waiting for for years).
    Yes I'm looking forward to that as well as the other two stories. Although I also already greatly enjoy how Darkness Calls so mysteriously and subtly presents Hellboy as interacting with the Baba Yaga and Koshchei (with the acorned Rasputin as well) both as the Slavically dressed 'comb girl'.

As if Mohlomi would have been merely the beginning of such a journey for Hellboy, getting accompanied by the farie-touched Alice as seeming Hellboy's only human liason left, after Hellboy having said his goodbyes to Kate apparently for good...

Whereas Sir Eddy Grey with his mask earlier seemed presented even more subtly to Hellboy, as with being talked or whispered to by Hecate as like her seeking some sort of agent for serving Ereshkigal's bidding sort of.

Like if Rasputin had wanted to becoming such an agent or instrument of power, it seems Hecate more rather favored Hellboy for such yet she ended up as winning or trapping Sir Edward with that mask of his. As how the Witchfinder's story seems to abruptly halt by one super unnatural or evil fiery ploy only Hecate could be behind.

But yeah, I'll take more Koshchei for starters
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-14-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Quick, get the Fiumara brothers on the phone.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    But yeah, I'll take more Koshchei for starters
    It's crazy how much there is to explore. These one-shot miniseries really open up some interesting doors.

Rasputin: Voice of the Dragon (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten & Dave Stewart)

This cover is amazing.