Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Three new Hellboyverse series from Mike Mignola!

Rasputin: Voice of the Dragon (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten & Dave Stewart)

Koshchei the Deathless (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Ben Stenbeck & Dave Stewart) - so happy it was finally announced!

Last edited by Shargor; 07-12-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Amazing Member

Hellboy: Krampus (one-shot by Mike Mignola & Adam Hughes)

You can find the announcement here: http://nerdist.com/mike-mignola-hell...ive-interview/
    Last edited by Shargor; 07-12-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    Koshchei the Deathless (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Ben Stenbeck & Dave Stewart) - so happy it was finally announced!
    Yeah, me too.
    Hellboy: Krampus (one-shot by Mike Mignola & Adam Hughes)
    Nerdist corrected that title. It's Hellboy: Krampusnacht. It's the annual winter special, but this time there's only one story.

Buff! To. The. Teeth.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Very excited to Mignola back to writing books.

All-New Member

The description of the Koschei miniseries states that he receives help from Hellboy in Hell in some capacity. Sounds like Koschei is telling his tale to Hellboy. Very curious if this is post the final issue of Hellboy in Hell or takes place sometime during the run of HOH. I know HOH #10 was meant as an ending for Hellboy but I feel it was more of ending of Mike drawing him. I still feel like Hellboy has got to be involved with the wrap up o the Mignolaverse when we near the end of BPRD cycle 3. At least I hope so. That Liz flash forward or whatever it was still needs to make sense somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    I still feel like Hellboy has got to be involved with the wrap up o the Mignolaverse when we near the end of BPRD cycle 3. At least I hope so. That Liz flash forward or whatever it was still needs to make sense somehow.
    Well, how I've been reading things, beyond the Liz flash there'd also be Hellboy's destiny, which technically still hasn't been disproven or sidestepped at all I would think.

[!SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE HELLBOY BOOKS!]

Plus as of Darkness Calls or actually as of the violent 'blood moment' in Hellboy: The Island (collected in 'Strange Places') poignantly odd stuff starts happening to Hellboy I found - more than ever (like Hellboy visiting the late Harry Middleton in his house or him meeting with giants and much of the Arthurian hoopla in the flesh). Like Hellboy may have started feeling his own definite demise by then already.

Then, after the forward Nimue Dragon sending him down into Hell, Hellboy felt done with the whole destiny thing but you gotta wonder whether that would really change anything.

And before the ending he got pinned to a tree and seemed to 'give in', with practically saying so yet without explaining to what exactly. Not giving in to his death or his demise since he was there already.

So my feeling is that no definite mention or implication has been made yet that the depictions of Hellboy's passing couldn't mean he'd still be to appear at the very end, being once the Apocalypse happens. A moment foretold (HB: the Storm & the Fury) as occurring on an eternal battleground called Vigrid being to appear out of thin air once it must.

For me Hellboy in HIH #10 seems to come to terms with his actual passing, meaning at that point his existence seems over and done with, except for the knowledge that ultimate doom is destined to be of his own doing.
    I don't think he'll get to be doing much else as such.

And I do not dare to expect the reader will actually get to see doom happening since it seems too finite, instead I do hope for implications or as clearer visions in other titles, like BPRD and such.
    I would guess Koshchei takes place either somewhere during Hellboy In Hell, or during 'the trilogy of books' before that. But that's just me. Pure conjecture on my part here, but yeah.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-14-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling Koshchei...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    The description of the Koschei miniseries states that he receives help from Hellboy in Hell in some capacity. Sounds like Koschei is telling his tale to Hellboy. Very curious if this is post the final issue of Hellboy in Hell or takes place sometime during the run of HOH.
    This gives me hope for someday seeing a Sir Edward Grey story set in Hell too...

Rasputin: Voice of the Dragon (5 issues by Mike Mignola, Chris Roberson, Christopher Mitten & Dave Stewart)

This cover is amazing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man those all sound amazing, I'm super pumped for Koshchei!

I'm sure these will be amazing....but

I was hoping Mignola and dark horse would finish the Hellboyverse and start a new horror/supernatural series that has all his interests as an artist

Old places
    Legends
    Hauntings
    Etc.
    Etc.

It's been a tremendous career, 20+ years of Hellboy. Create something new.

I think Hellboy in Hell was designed to be the series that had all his interests as an artist.

Plus there's the Baltimore/Joe Golem universe.

And that new book later this year that he wrote and someone else is drawing (sorry can't think of the name off the top of my head)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    . . . And that new book later this year that he wrote and someone else is drawing (sorry can't think of the name off the top of my head)
    Have you remembered which one it is yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I'm sure these will be amazing....but

I was hoping Mignola and dark horse would finish the Hellboyverse and start a new horror/supernatural series that has all his interests as an artist

Old places
    Legends
    Hauntings
    Etc.
    Etc.

It's been a tremendous career, 20+ years of Hellboy. Create something new.
    He's already sort of doing that. He spoke a little about it at the end of his interview on Robots From Tomorrow. But not a series, just stand alone stuff instead. I think Hellboy in Hell had the subject matter he wanted, but he was restricted tonally. I think it's in his tone where we're going to see him dive more into stuff like The Prisoner of Mars or perhaps even In the Chapel of Curious Objects. Or maybe something wholly different.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    He's already sort of doing that.
    Agreed.
    Eversince Hellboy started a whole lot of other series, titles, comics, instigations or contributions have developed.
    Even some beautiful non-comics illustrational stuff.
    Most if not all in a creator-owned quality kind of capacity, luckily.
    So yeah, it's all good
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-22-2017 at 05:07 PM.