Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Question Best Agent Venom Comic Book Storylines

    Hello everybody! First time poster here.

    I've been a fan of Eddie Brock's Venom since I was nine years old and have read virtually every comic he's been in and own a grand majority of them.

    However, although he remains a very popular character, not many new stories are made with this incarnation of Venom. As such I've decided to broaden my horizons and read other versions of the character.

    I really like Agent Venom's design and was wondering what the best comic book storylines with him are. I guess a primer of who he is and his best adventures.

    Thanks for any suggestions! I've read plenty of other forums on this site and decided to finally join

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    If you're looking for what series Agent Venom starred in, his first series is Venom (Vol. 2) (2011-2013), which ran for 42 issues. I haven't read it all, but of what I've read, the best were the first and last arcs (#1-5 when he's still getting used to the suit, and #36-42, which dealt with the introduction of Mania).

    After that he had another series called Venom: Space Knight (2015-2016) which had 13 issues, my favourite story from that was the Civil War II tie-in where Venom/Flash reunites with Spider-Man as well as the return of Mania, it's a really fun story.

    He also appears in Guardians Of The Galaxy (2013-2017) starting with issue #14 and is a cool character there, with a couple issues mostly dedicated to him.

    There's also the Superior Venom arc from Superior Spider-Man (#22-26), which focused on Doc Ock Spidey fighting against Agent Venom, that was a really well done story.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  3. #3
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    I would honestly get all of the 2011 series arcs. The best in my mind is Vol.1, Vol.3 (Savage Six), Minimum Carnage, Vol.5 (Toxin with a Vengeance), and Vol.6 (The Land Where Killers Dwell). Honestly though, they're all very good and very well-done. Also, if you don't have it already, get the Spider-Island collection as it has an important Agent Venom portion (found in Venom #6-9). The second volume Space Knight is also crucial to his story.

    Do you know that Eddie is back to being Venom?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If you're looking for what series Agent Venom starred in, his first series is Venom (Vol. 2) (2011-2013), which ran for 42 issues. I haven't read it all, but of what I've read, the best were the first and last arcs (#1-5 when he's still getting used to the suit, and #36-42, which dealt with the introduction of Mania).

    After that he had another series called Venom: Space Knight (2015-2016) which had 13 issues, my favourite story from that was the Civil War II tie-in where Venom/Flash reunites with Spider-Man as well as the return of Mania, it's a really fun story.

    He also appears in Guardians Of The Galaxy (2013-2017) starting with issue #14 and is a cool character there, with a couple issues mostly dedicated to him.

    There's also the Superior Venom arc from Superior Spider-Man (#22-26), which focused on Doc Ock Spidey fighting against Agent Venom, that was a really well done story.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely read his origin story to see how he came across the symbiote. Space Knight looks awesome as well and that Superior Venom arc sounds really interesting.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I would honestly get all of the 2011 series arcs. The best in my mind is Vol.1, Vol.3 (Savage Six), Minimum Carnage, Vol.5 (Toxin with a Vengeance), and Vol.6 (The Land Where Killers Dwell). Honestly though, they're all very good and very well-done. Also, if you don't have it already, get the Spider-Island collection as it has an important Agent Venom portion (found in Venom #6-9). The second volume Space Knight is also crucial to his story.

    Do you know that Eddie is back to being Venom?
    Awesome! I had no idea all these story arcs existed and that it started that far back. I did not know Eddie was back to being Venom! I'm going to take a look at that because I've been wanting that to happen for far too long. The last I read of the Eddie Brock storyline was when he was diagnosed with cancer and Spider-Man tricked the symbiote into bonding with him once again to keep his sickness in check.

  6. #6
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillarex View Post
    Awesome! I had no idea all these story arcs existed and that it started that far back. I did not know Eddie was back to being Venom! I'm going to take a look at that because I've been wanting that to happen for far too long. The last I read of the Eddie Brock storyline was when he was diagnosed with cancer and Spider-Man tricked the symbiote into bonding with him once again to keep his sickness in check.
    You should check out the first Anti-Venom story in Amazing Spider-Man, the three issue Anti-Venom limited series, and the return of Anti-Venom story in ASM. Also, if you want more Brock, he's Toxin in the 2015 Carnage series. As for his return to Venom, the first six issues of the series deal with another host known as Lee Price, with Brock getting the symbiote in issue six.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    549

    Default

    For Agent Venom stories you can't go wrong by going to the arc he debuted in. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 654 is a very good place to start.

    Cheers.

    James.

  8. #8
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There's also the Superior Venom arc from Superior Spider-Man (#22-26), which focused on Doc Ock Spidey fighting against Agent Venom, that was a really well done story.
    LOVED this arc

  9. #9

    Default

    Just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions! I ended up reading them and pretty much read the entire Agent Venom run, and into Venom Space Knight, and right up until the most recent Venom comics. I'm currently about to start the Venom Inc. Arc. Excellent stuff. I was also pleasantly surprised at how great the overall story was for Agent Venom. I was extremely hesitant at first, but grew to like Flash as Venom. Brock is still my favorite due to his twisted sense of justice and morality, but Agent Venom was a lot of fun. The current arcs are getting better and the art is fantastic. Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •