Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Spirits of Vengeance #1 - LEGACY

Marvel is re-launching this title as part of their Legacy launch and I'm very intrigued. I've all but given up on monthly Marvel, working my way to being just a Trade reader. Punisher is the only title I'm still getting. However, this & possibly Moon Knight, may keep me on the line a bit longer.

Spirits of Vengeance #1
    Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
    Blade
    Hellstrom
    Satana
    + new character

SpiritsVengeanceLegacy.jpg

As part of the Marvel Legacy event, a brand new Spirits of Vengeance ongoing series will launch under the guidance of writer Victor Gischler, artist David Baldeon and cover artist Mark Texeira. According to Nerdist, fan-favorite character Johnny Blaze is set to lead the new series alongside Daimon Hellstrom, Satana, Blade the Daywalker and more.

While those four magic-based characters will make up the core team, Gischler does have new characters who are set to play large roles in the series, although he can’t divulge much information about who they are and what purpose they’ll serve at this time. Nevertheless, the writer did tease a character he created specifically for the comic.

“There’s a particular character I’ve invented for this book and I’m dying to [see] what David has come up with for the character’s look. And it’s the sort of character that needs to be in a book like this,” he shared, then added, “Who knows who we might see in the future?”
    I'm a bit irked they are placing goat horns on Satana. WTH?!
    Hellstorm looks to be getting a Constantine type clothing makeover. I can dig it.
    Blade has been MIA for too long so I'm super pumped!
    Johnny Blaze returns as well!! We've not seen him since he "blessed" the non-GR as a GR over 2yrs ago. Ciao Robbie.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

But I thought that was a 5 issue mini according to the solicits?

The solicit that CBR quoted says "ongoing". If it does turn out to be a mini I'll for sure Trade wait it as sales will not matter. It's end point is predetermined.

Astonishing Member

Just curious for any "legal brains" who may read this board

If a comic is advertised as ongoing but it's actually intended to be a mini is there some sort of trade description misrepresentation at play

This is not aimed at any book or publisher I'm just curious

Thanks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Marvel is re-launching this title as part of their Legacy launch and I'm very intrigued. I've all but given up on monthly Marvel, working my way to being just a Trade reader. Punisher is the only title I'm still getting. However, this & possibly Moon Knight, may keep me on the line a bit longer.

Spirits of Vengeance #1
    Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
    Blade
    Hellstrom
    Satana
    + new character

SpiritsVengeanceLegacy.jpg

I'm a bit irked they are placing goat horns on Satana. WTH?!
    Hellstorm looks to be getting a Constantine type clothing makeover. I can dig it.
    Blade has been MIA for too long so I'm super pumped!
    Johnny Blaze returns as well!! We've not seen him since he "blessed" the non-GR as a GR over 2yrs ago. Ciao Robbie.
    I think in the current Doctor Strange she got this look

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    But I thought that was a 5 issue mini according to the solicits?
    That what Bleeding Cool posted, yeah. The full solicits should clear up the confusion.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Just curious for any "legal brains" who may read this board

If a comic is advertised as ongoing but it's actually intended to be a mini is there some sort of trade description misrepresentation at play

This is not aimed at any book or publisher I'm just curious

Thanks
    I'm a lawyer, but that's far outside my wheelhouse. Proving fraudulent intent strikes me as unlikely. Obviously, there's a huge difference between saying an intended mini is an ongoing and ending an ongoing early due to low sales. Even planning an ongoing expecting it to fail and end early is different from intending a mini and saying it's an ongoing.

In the end, they're charging you for the comic, not for the series. As a personal opinion, part of me thinks getting upset at whatever name they call it strikes me as strange. All comics last until they end regardless of whether it's one issue or twenty.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm a lawyer, but that's far outside my wheelhouse. Proving fraudulent intent strikes me as unlikely. Obviously, there's a huge difference between saying an intended mini is an ongoing and ending an ongoing early due to low sales. Even planning an ongoing expecting it to fail and end early is different from intending a mini and saying it's an ongoing.

In the end, they're charging you for the comic, not for the series. As a personal opinion, part of me thinks getting upset at whatever name they call it strikes me as strange. All comics last until they end regardless of whether it's one issue or twenty.
    Thanks

I have no real perspective on the labels I was just curious

I appreciate your opinion

Blade needs to be unapologetic, and extremely competent at what he does. At least as competent as Wolverine (Logan) is. He should be his own leader and bristle at “constantly” taking orders.
    No more robot hand. He grew it back. Vampirey powers. Leave it at that.
    He should have plenty of weapons to take on various kinds of monsters and supernatural creatures. He should be the inventor of many of these devices. He should be very tech-savvy, the most out of this group of adventurers.

He is very much not into tying up creatures and leaving them for the police. He kills or banishes malevolent entities and that's it. He has no love for their abettors. He is the Punisher of the supernatural world.

Blade should be a ladies’ man. Women should be drawn to him. His gaze is hypnotic to them. (Note he wears the sunglasses.) Blacula 2017. We almost never see any kind of interest in women reflected. Change this.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

This book has literally brought me back to comics

I'm in for this! Always found Satana interesting over the years.

I believe she first sported the horns back in a 1979 ish of Marvel Team Up.

IMG_0363.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    This book has literally brought me back to comics
    It's bringing me back from the brink as far as Marvel is concerned.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I'm in for this! Always found Satana interesting over the years.

I believe she first sported the horns back in a 1979 ish of Marvel Team Up.

IMG_0363.JPG
    So we are returning to a more 'Legacy' look for Satana as well. Not a fan with the horns but the book interests me enough to pick it up.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

This is the most excited I've been for a comic in years, I've been wanting a Midnight Sons reunion from Marvel for a long time & this is close enough to get me super excited
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That what Bleeding Cool posted, yeah. The full solicits should clear up the confusion.
    So our only source for SOV being a mini is Bleeding Cool? I'm actually relieved, because the info might be wrong then. LOL