Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    Right from the start?

Attachment 52271

I can spot at least 3 perspective mistakes, in this panel alone.
    Okay, by the time he began working with Roger Stern, his art was great. I actually forgot Romita Jr. actually started out working with Denny O'Neil (which isn't surprising considering how dull and forgettable I find his entire run to be).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Terry Kavanagh. Even other writers I didn't care for I could look at and say "sure, I can see how someone could dig this", but I can't see how anyone would enjoy FACADE, or the Blood Rose, or Warrant.

As far as other candidates go: Howard Mackie had some decent work pre-relaunch. Denny O'Neil's work actually has kind of a weird charm to it. I love Chip Zdarsky, and when I read the boards I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
    I don't know much about Kavanagh's work primarily because I haven't read a lot of Web of Spider-Man since I've always found that title to be lackluster, mostly inconsequential and not worth reading. That being said, he was probably the worst writer during Maximum Carnage and The Clone Saga, so I can understand why a lot of people choose him as the worst.

Mackie does have some good stories before the relaunch, but O'Neil's Spider-Man work was thoroughly boring and highly forgettable to me. And I'm sorry to say that I'm also one of the people who hasn't liked Zdarsky's Spider-Man issues at all so far. I respect your opinion though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    O'Neil's Spider-Man work was thoroughly boring and highly forgettable to me. And I'm sorry to say that I'm also one of the people who hasn't liked Zdarsky's Spider-Man issues at all so far.
    There's half a dozen issues I like in O'Neil's run, plus the Miller annuals. If I had to pick one, it'd be a split decision between #216 and the Octopus/Punisher annual.

Zdarsky's Spider-Man... you have one issue over me, I couldn't get past the 1st one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    There's half a dozen issues I like in O'Neil's run, plus the Miller annuals. If I had to pick one, it'd be a split decision between #216 and the Octopus/Punisher annual.

Zdarsky's Spider-Man... you have one issue over me, I couldn't get past the 1st one.
    I didn't care much for #216, but I'll admit that the annual was pretty solid (probably O'Neil's only legitimately good comic during his run). Regarding Zdarsky, you aren't missing much. His second issue was even worse than his first.

Astonishing Member

I know it's too early to say since he has only written two issues, but I think Chip Zdarsky could join the ranks of Kavanagh and Dezago if he continues as is.
    Sadly, I think you are correct. He could just be finding his feet. However those two issues, issue #1 especially, just come across as trying too hard. All he succeeds in doing is falling flat on his face. Still, I'll give him a few more issues.

Astonishing Member

I don't think I've ever come across any positive remarks for Kavanagh. People either seem to dislike his work or have never even heard of him.
    And once you have heard of him, you can never forget him. Ever. Believe me, I've tried.

Look, maybe i am being a bit harsh. Obviously there were a few issues penned by Kavanagh (towards the end of his run on Web). However they are few and far between. I also think Alex Saviuk's pencils were the reason i ended up enjoying those issue more than i normally would have.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Sadly, I think you are correct. He could just be finding his feet. However those two issues, issue #1 especially, just come across as trying too hard. All he succeeds in doing is falling flat on his face. Still, I'll give him a few more issues.
    Same here. I want to enjoy the new title, but Zdarsky's writing is making it very difficult for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    And once you have heard of him, you can never forget him. Ever. Believe me, I've tried.

Look, maybe i am being a bit harsh. Obviously there were a few issues penned by Kavanagh (towards the end of his run on Web). However they are few and far between. I also think Alex Saviuk's pencils were the reason i ended up enjoying those issue more than i normally would have.
    Saviuk is undeniably a great artist. If only good art was all it took to make for an enjoyable comic.