Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Which DC Character Has The Biggest Fanbase At CBR?

I'd say Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I'd say Batman.
    Batman was my first thought too. Even the ones who criticize Batman want him to be a 'better/more favorite' version of Batman... but still Batman. As opposed to the split fanbases like Flash, Green Lantern or Robin....

Spectacular Member

I would say it's between the members of the trinity...I mean they have their own pages on this site,,,, but between the three of them I'd give batman the edge in terms of fanbase.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Batman is number one if you count posts and threads for a single character, DC or Marvel, so I would say he has the biggest fanbase of anyone here. That doesn't mean his fans are the most vocal, however. In fact, as I mention every now and then, he doesn't even have an appreciation thread (even Peter Parker has one). No need to have one when you're at the top and have no competition for the cape and cowl.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I'd say Batman.
    Sometimes it seems like Batman isn't even the most popular character in the Batman subforum.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I've noticed much love for Dick Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I've noticed much love for Dick Grayson
    Nightwing fans are insane. Certifiably.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Sometimes it seems like Batman isn't even the most popular character in the Batman subforum.
    There are times when Batman seems like the least popular character in his own subforum.

It makes me sad...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I don't think Batman has to worry about being least popular. There are so many "Favorite Batman artist" "moments" "bat gadget" "story" threads that if you combined them, it would take years to read.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There are times when Batman seems like the least popular character in his own subforum.

It makes me sad...
    Its very interesting how many Batfamily fans don't actually seem to care for Batman himself. I don't really get it, but ya you see it all the time.

Only 3 DC characters have their own sub-forums and Batman has the most individual threads of the three. And even right now there are more people viewing them than the other two so Batman. It's just...science.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

It makes me sad...
    Why? One of the reasons his franchise has been so robust (especially over the last 25 years or so) is because it has produced such a large number of strong spin-off characters and villains. Who are appealing in their own right but also when they play off him. The same holds true for him as well. The Batfranchise in that way is similar to the X-Franchise in that together the characters are greater than the sum of their parts or any one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Only 3 DC characters have their own sub-forums and Batman has the most individual threads of the three. And even right now there are more people viewing them than the other two so Batman. It's just...science.
    Not really. That's the discussion we were just having. When you actually enter the Batforum, you'll see that the characters being discussed the most are not Batman himself but each of the Robins, Batgirls, Gotham City Sirens and many of his rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Nightwing fans are insane. Certifiably.
    Don't get people started on which fans are "insane", "rabid", "annoying", etc. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its very interesting how many Batfamily fans don't actually seem to care for Batman himself. I don't really get it, but ya you see it all the time.
    These days, I'm in that boat.
    I'm a fan of the character in the past, but haven't cared in a while because of the directions DC's writers have taken the character since even before Rebirth began.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't think it's not caring about him. It's just that they care for the other characters more because they are easier to relate to than Batgod himself.