Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default 10 Questions I'd Like Pattty J to Hopefully Clear Up in WW2 - if she directs it

1. Is WW a full Olympian god, or just a demi-god?
    2. What is the full extent of her powers (the most newest one was destroying projectile with her thoughts)?
    3. Is Ares really dead?
    4. Are all the gods really dead?
    5. Did Zeus really create mankind?
    6. Is Paradise Island now visible to the modern world? Where it would be situated? I guess near Europe if Steve and Diana made it there on a short time
    7. What happened to the Nazi battle ship?
    8. Where does WW get her new sword?
    9. What will the amazons be doing now that they know their warrior skills ain't going to do much against much modern weaponry, and even soldiers nowadays are more hardened and skilled
    10. What happened to the Native demi-god in the movie?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    2. What is the full extent of her powers (the most newest one was destroying projectile with her thoughts)?
    3. Is Ares really dead?
    6. Is Paradise Island now visible to the modern world? Where it would be situated? I guess near Europe if Steve and Diana made it there on a short time
    9. What will the amazons be doing now that they know their warrior skills ain't going to do much against much modern weaponry, and even soldiers nowadays are more hardened and skilled
    I'd go with her powerset, what is it, will she be able to do things out of her 'ass' so to speak when the plot demands it, which is never a good idea.

3. Is Ares really dead?
    I'm with you on most of them, but I'm a bit confused over a few:

6. The answer is clearly no as it vanishes when Diana leaves and looks back. It was still invisible when the Germans invaded as demonstrated by the one German in the lead boat who could only see it when he breached the shield that keeps in invisible. I'm curious as to why you think it might be visible now?

7. If you mean the ship that breached the shield, it sank. Each time they show the Germans on the beach, you can see it foundering as it hit the reef that suddenly appeared when they breached the shield.

9. The Amazons handily wiped out the Germans on the beach, though they suffered some losses, so I would hardly say their skills don't do much good against modern weaponry. When they get shot, they bleed and die, just like any other soldier in the world. They also have no intentions of leaving to face the outside world, so no reason to change in the first place.

10. I want to know what happened to all of the WWI crew

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Full god. "Only a god can kill another god." So unless Brett's theory that Diana killed Ares strictly by reflecting his own god-killing power back at him is correct, she's a god.

Pretty sure they've said her powers will evolve throughout the progress of the DCEU. No one movie will answer this. Odds are Patty Jenkins doesn't even know herself.

3. Is Ares really dead?
    That will only be revealed if it's somehow relevant to the story of the next movie. If it's in the cards for Ares to return, it won't be revealed until the story dictates it.

See above. Until and unless the story shows us that they aren't dead, we're supposed to accept it at face value that they are.

EVERY religion claims that at least one of their gods created the human race. They can't all be right. Heck, Hippolyta told Diana that it was "just a story" that Zeus created mankind to be just and good.

Nope. It disappeared once Diana sailed away from it.

And it can't be near Europe. Steve escaped from the Ottoman Empire, which is Turkey. The plane he was flying couldn't possibly have the range to take him anywhere close to England. It was in the Mediterranean. According to Etta, Steve was gone for "weeks." Odds are most of those "weeks" was him and Diana sailing to England. That, or magic was somehow involved in their fast travel.

That was no battleship. It was a destroyer at best. I've seen the movie four times and I have yet to spot anything close to large-scale naval guns on it.

And you can clearly see it listing heavily to one side as the German boats approach the island and you hear a loud crashing sound as it came through the barrier. It hit a reef and was sinking.

Most likely she finds it in her travels as an antiquities dealer. This is a world where the actual, personal sword of Alexander the Great still exists and is in the possession of the "Sultan of Hajar." Saying Diana stumbled across some legit magical artifacts over a century makes perfect sense.

Those "hardened and skilled" soldiers died in droves against the Amazons. Clearly their skills were nothing compared to the Amazons skills and their weapons didn't make much of a difference either. When you kick the crap out of an enemy, only sustaining a handful of casualties in the process, you tend to not be too worried about them.

Meanwhile? The Amazons no doubt captured multiple guns from the Germans. Unless they decided to destroy them because they were icky Man's World weapons, then it's not a stretch to say that the next time we see Themiscyra, guns may just be a common sight there.

This one, I'm curious about too. Frankly, I want more information about all those guys.

If he really is The Old Man, then he's probably alive and well in the modern age and he might just meet up with Diana later. Heck, they might still be doing business. He's a smuggler, she's an antiquities dealer. Maybe he even helped her find those legit magical artifacts of hers.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    This one, I'm curious about too. Frankly, I want more information about all those guys.

If he really is The Old Man, then he's probably alive and well in the modern age and he might just meet up with Diana later. Heck, they might still be doing business. He's a smuggler, she's an antiquities dealer. Maybe he even helped her find those legit magical artifacts of hers.
    By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed that every time someone extended their hand to Diana to shake it, she didn't take it...until she met Chief. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I noticed that every time someone extended their hand to Diana to shake it, she didn't take it...until she met Chief. Hmmm...
    Hmmm.....you might be right. Diana tried to take Steve's hand in London to show that they were "together," but I don't remember her formally shaking anyone's hand before Chief. Etta offered her a handshake and Diana didn't take it, although you could argue Diana was still kinda shell-shocked by how different everything around her was. I think she also denied a handshake to Sir Patrick when they first met. Not sure why on that particular front. I don't think Sami offered her a handshake, but he certainly tried to kiss her on the cheeks before Steve warned him off.

So yeah, I think you're right. She only took Chief's hand. I wonder what that means? I also found it strange that Chief was the one time Diana didn't respond to another language in the same language. Chief spoke to her in Blackfoot, and it's clear Diana understood what he was saying, but her response was in English instead of Blackfoot.

Maybe Gal just couldn't get the pronunciation right for Blackfoot?

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

I would say that could just be because Diana had come to understand that shaking hands was the way people greeted each other and that Chief was the last major characters (save swinging Ludendorff) who tried to.
    Like, Diana didn't get the holding hands thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Hmmm.....you might be right. Diana tried to take Steve's hand in London to show that they were "together," but I don't remember her formally shaking anyone's hand before Chief. Etta offered her a handshake and Diana didn't take it, although you could argue Diana was still kinda shell-shocked by how different everything around her was. I think she also denied a handshake to Sir Patrick when they first met. Not sure why on that particular front. I don't think Sami offered her a handshake, but he certainly tried to kiss her on the cheeks before Steve warned him off.

So yeah, I think you're right. She only took Chief's hand. I wonder what that means? I also found it strange that Chief was the one time Diana didn't respond to another language in the same language. Chief spoke to her in Blackfoot, and it's clear Diana understood what he was saying, but her response was in English instead of Blackfoot.

Maybe Gal just couldn't get the pronunciation right for Blackfoot?
    Definitely denied Sami's handshake as well which is why he moved to hug her.

So Sir Patrick, Etta and Sami's extended hands are all ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I would say that could just be because Diana had come to understand that shaking hands was the way people greeted each other and that Chief was the last major characters (save swinging Ludendorff) who tried to.
    Like, Diana didn't get the holding hands thing either.
    Except for one thing.

She didn't shake Chief's hand. She clasped his wrist.

If she had seen other people shaking hands and then learned, she would have taken Chief's hand, but instead, it was a more warrior-like (?) greeting of grabbing each other by the wrist, something that no one else had done in the movie.

BANNED

Most of the time, there is no actual difference between the two. They're practically synonyms.
    More or less what we've seen. I get the impression creative forces at DC are of two minds about whether she can fly and/or how well, and likely they haven't made up their minds yet.

3. Is Ares really dead?
    Ideally, yes.
    But if they are indeed bringing back Steve Trevor then nobody ever is going to be dead in this universe.

Did God really create mankind? Was it just random chemical reactions? Not even touching this one.

6. Is Paradise Island now visible to the modern world? Where it would be situated? I guess near Europe if Steve and Diana made it there on a short time.
    Sort of. It is visually hidden, but even WWI era technology could detect that there was something there.
    Now? There's probably a very expensive spy satelite parked in geostationairy orbit right over that weird, very localised cloud formation in the Mediterranean sea that never goes away.

It was sunk.

She made it herself. Or she found it exploring an ancient ruin. Or picked up a replacement when she got back to Themysira. Or she bought it in a shop in Soho.
    Does it matter?

They... won.
    and I reckon they will be upgrading now that they have learned Themiscyra isn't as well hidden as it used to be.

He survived and lives to smuggle another day.

BANNED

Except for one thing.

She didn't shake Chief's hand. She clasped his wrist.

If she had seen other people shaking hands and then learned, she would have taken Chief's hand, but instead, it was a more warrior-like (?) greeting of grabbing each other by the wrist, something that no one else had done in the movie.
    That might be true. But I will just say I am highly skeptical about Napi being the actual god or demigod, considering he is a war-profiteer in the business of smuggling goods between the lines. Maybe he is a demigod, or maybe he is a conman using a fitting alias should he need to vanish one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That might be true. But I will just say I am highly skeptical about Napi being the actual god or demigod, considering he is a war-profiteer in the business of smuggling goods between the lines. Maybe he is a demigod, or maybe he is a conman using a fitting alias should he need to vanish one day.
    Even though the actor stated that he was indeed meant to be the actual god/demigod?
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Even though the actor stated that he was indeed meant to be the actual god/demigod?
    About the same as Sammy being Blackhawk. It's fine to say off camera, it just doesn't really mean anything if it's not said or confirmed on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Most of the time, there is no actual difference between the two. They're practically synonyms.

More or less what we've seen. I get the impression creative forces at DC are of two minds about whether she can fly and/or how well, and likely they haven't made up their minds yet.

Ideally, yes.
    But if they are indeed bringing back Steve Trevor then nobody ever is going to be dead in this universe.

Did God really create mankind? Was it just random chemical reactions? Not even touching this one.

6. Is Paradise Island now visible to the modern world? Where it would be situated? I guess near Europe if Steve and Diana made it there on a short time.
    Sort of. It is visually hidden, but even WWI era technology could detect that there was something there.
    Now? There's probably a very expensive spy satelite parked in geostationairy orbit right over that weird, very localised cloud formation in the Mediterranean sea that never goes away.

It was sunk.

She made it herself. Or she found it exploring an ancient ruin. Or picked up a replacement when she got back to Themysira. Or she bought it in a shop in Soho.
    Does it matter?

They... won.
    and I reckon they will be upgrading now that they have learned Themiscyra isn't as well hidden as it used to be.

He survived and lives to smuggle another day.
    How will the Amazons be upgrading anything if they're still isolated?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They captured guns from the Germans. Wouldn't be unrealistic to suggest they might reverse engineer them and figure out how to make more.

That German ship sank near their island. They may be able to salvage useful technology from it.

It would be pretty cool if Diana comes back to Themiscyra and finds the Amazons are at least moving in the right direction to become the advanced society Marston envisioned.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe they won't be isolated? How can they learn all those languages if they're still isolated?