Default Christopher Nolan Interested In Directing A Bond Movie

The prospect of Christopher Nolan directing a James Bond film is one that makes both film fans and studio executives salivate. It’s not something that’s happening just yet—but in a new interview, Nolan admitted he’s been tempted to do it and has actually had discussions about it.

“[I’m tempted to do] a Bond movie, definitely,” Nolan said to Playboy. “I’ve spoken to the producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson over the years. I deeply love the character, and I’m always excited to see what they do with it.”

At this moment, no one knows what’s happening with the Bond series. New rumors suggest that Daniel Craig will definitely return to play the character, but the rights to the franchise are still in question—which means the definitive future of the franchise itself is up in the air. And that’s an interesting place to be, because if you read Nolan’s next statement, the possibility of reinvention is just the thing that would make him take the plunge.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/christopher-n...fil-1796780261

This has the potential and probably would be crazy good. Most likely up there or surpassing the best James Bond films. That being said, I both can't imagine that he would do it without full creative control, nor do I expect the Broccoli family to grant him total creative control. Although this may be the next logical step for the franchise. The Bond movies do fine, but with so many other tentpoles coming out, it felt like Spectre and even Skyfall got a bit lost in the shuffle. Bringing in a very highly regarded director of genre films would certainly get people to take notice.

I'm down for a redo of Moonraker.