Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthfrysk View Post
    That feedback was given in the comments,
    The writer answered with some examples in the comment section.
    Thank You.

She mentions the examples in the actual article.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 11-07-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    She mentions the examples in the actual article.
    I read the article but I wanted a little more detail on what was said by the characters and how the women were represented.

BANNED

Yeah with such riveting eye-openers like "Harley was psychotic and childish!"

Give me a break. The author also cried about Selina being "draped in lingerie for half the book" when it was literally a single page. Reading her article and comments, she seems like quite a self-important, dishonest and unprofessional individual.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Yeah with such riveting eye-openers like "Harley was psychotic and childish!"

Give me a break. The author also cried about Selina being "draped in lingerie for half the book" when it was literally a single page. Reading her article and comments, she seems like quite a self-important, dishonest and unprofessional individual.
    I will admit when reading through the comments I was a bit shocked at how aggrssive other commentors were to the commentor who asked for specifics in what the author found sexist. I will still look at other reviews for the book but I have not found many.

EDIT: Found other reviews for the book and many of them love it, I guess I will have to pick it up for myself.
    Last edited by reni344; 11-08-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Judging by the title I thought this was going ti be set in a fairytale like Gotham. I am disappointed it isn't that but I'm still looking forward to this book.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I thought it was fine. With there being a part 2 out next year, I'm fine with it.

The reviewer was a little sensitive about people asking her for examples. Especially if they were males.

BANNED

Reviewers job is to clicbait. I can simply choose not to agree with it and in this case I don`t.

Amazing Member

A negative review concerning the story.

https://www.avclub.com/rampant-sexis...tir-1820181492
    The review is trash, obviously The dark prince charming was written for a different audience. White Knight is for people who wanted a change, something different but Prince charming was a classical version of the characters and the world or not so much since it was at first sight based on Arkham City/Asylum/Origins but people who were bored of Snyder and Morrisson and those who are new readers are going to enjoy it. DC has two big GN just now with almost opposite purposes.

And I have to say that in terms of writting both novels are opposite as well. Prince Charming has a simple plot but great dialogue, Marini doesn't describe things like the older narrative in comics he shows scenes as in films and modern graphic novels. Sean Murphy has as the main attraction the plot and new versions of the characters while the narrative and dialogue are a little meta.
    Last edited by Mithrill; 11-10-2017 at 08:05 AM.

All-New Member

I have just read issue 2 and I must say that it is even better. The artwork is superb, it is the best thing about this comic. The story is a little more standard, so to say, but very good. I love the noir tone of the story, this is the kind of Batman stories I enjoy.

Fantastic Member

That review makes me think it is going to be good because I do not like the way tom king writes batman if they said it is opposite of that then I am in only thing I agree with it is a little expensive

Fantastic Member

I guess I have to wait when this type of characterization which is my favorite is back on the regular tiitle until then only the league and elseworlds for me like this please

BANNED

preview looks good, i will get this as HC for sure.

BANNED

The art is fantastic, but "charming" is never a word I'd associate with Batman.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    The art is fantastic, but "charming" is never a word I'd associate with Batman.
    If they want to combine "the Dark Knight" and "the Prince of Gotham" into one sobriquet, "the Black Prince" should be the obvious choice. It's already an existing phrase and way less mouthful than "the Dark Prince Charming." More importantly, it denotes every major aspect of Batman/Bruce Wayne: darkness, chivalry (in the traditional sense), regalness, a sense of "legend," etc.