Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nightwing, Red Hood & Robin vs Bane?

So I'm currently reading the "I am Bane" storyarc (I know I'm a little behind) & Part 1 ends with Nightwing, Red Hood & Robin being hanged in the batcave, having been defeated by Bane. My question is, is there any tie-in or issues from other books which actually feature the fight between the three of them against Bane?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandesal View Post
    So I'm currently reading the "I am Bane" storyarc (I know I'm a little behind) & Part 1 ends with Nightwing, Red Hood & Robin being hanged in the batcave, having been defeated by Bane. My question is, is there any tie-in or issues from other books which actually feature the fight between the three of them against Bane?
    No, sadly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yeah King just featured them eating and being warned and next hanged, In 50 issues King has disregarded any plot development on a lot of things, forcing the reader to latch onto just emotion.

Astonishing Member

The Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood seen hanged in the Batcave aren't actually the real ones, but it does encourage Bruce to take them to Superman's Fortress of Solitude while Bane is loose. They way they were hanged, either it's people dressed as Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood, or dummies. The real intention was to strike at Bruce psychologically, and killing one of his proteges would have crossed the line for both Bane and Bruce.

I just try and ignore anything King writes.

(Hopefully DC will be doing that in the not-too-distant future, but . . . )

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood seen hanged in the Batcave aren't actually the real ones, but it does encourage Bruce to take them to Superman's Fortress of Solitude while Bane is loose. They way they were hanged, either it's people dressed as Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood, or dummies. The real intention was to strike at Bruce psychologically, and killing one of his proteges would have crossed the line for both Bane and Bruce.
    That's how King explained it.
    Also, in pre new52 there is an issue with Dick and Tim defeating Bane in a simulation, so probably Dick, Jason and Damian will be able to take him down working together.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    That's how King explained it.
    Also, in pre new52 there is an issue with Dick and Tim defeating Bane in a simulation, so probably Dick, Jason and Damian will be able to take him down working together.
    Where did he explain it like that?

I recall a line of dialogue from I Am Bane where Bane said something along the lines of "I will hang your sons, but this time I will pull on their feet until I hear their necks pop." So the implication to me was that Bane actually hung all of them, but did not break their necks, only asphyxiate them. Which was the weakest part of that story by far.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Where did he explain it like that?

I recall a line of dialogue from I Am Bane where Bane said something along the lines of "I will hang your sons, but this time I will pull on their feet until I hear their necks pop." So the implication to me was that Bane actually hung all of them, but did not break their necks, only asphyxiate them. Which was the weakest part of that story by far.
    I remember King was asked about that (maybe on twitter) and answered that they were not defeated by Bane, it was Bruce who fought them and put them in the Fortress. He also added later that the three hanging in the cave were not the Robins, but a kind of warning.

BANNED

So either Bane casually beat all 3 of them within an inch of their life, or bruce beat the **** out of his own sons.

batman-hmmm-image.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since I remember the page shows them in the tubes unharmed physically, I imagine it's less of a fight and more of a tranquilizer shot. He can get close to them easy and it would be much more efficient.

I also can't imagine him beating up Damian.

I'm glad it's not Bane who beat them up though because that means I miss an awesome fight scene

BANNED

Either way, i dont see any of the 3 leaving it at that after they wake up from the cryosleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Either way, i dont see any of the 3 leaving it at that after they wake up from the cryosleep.
    No, they won't but Superman would've been holding them back by the scruff of their necks until they all calm down ^^

BANNED

Yeah, i dont see how that would make it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Yeah, i dont see how that would make it any better.
    It's a funnier image ^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, they won't but Superman would've been holding them back by the scruff of their necks until they all calm down ^^
    Superman probably kept them in the refrigerator till Batman came back, then he took 'em all back to The Malt Shoppe--I mean, Bat-Burger, and let 'em thaw out.