Ultimate Member

Default Where's Master Khan?

He was Iron Fist's wizard arch enemy from way back when. Now that Danny's popular again, how come we haven't seen him? His head was still talking when Namor ripped it off.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He was Iron Fist's wizard arch enemy from way back when. Now that Danny's popular again, how come we haven't seen him? His head was still talking when Namor ripped it off.
    As you pointed out, Namor handled him in the 90s and he hasn't been back since. I miss that storyline. Namor teamed up with Doom and we got to see some great art from Jae Lee.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    As you pointed out, Namor handled him in the 90s and he hasn't been back since. I miss that storyline. Namor teamed up with Doom and we got to see some great art from Jae Lee.
    I still have those comics. I think Jae Lee was working on the Steven King adaptations for a while but then he went to DC. I saw he did a Marvel Cover for the Inhumans Legacy comic.

Ultimate Member

I can't see that death sticking. The freakin' head was still talking! And wizard!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I feel like he was in one story arc with Iron Fist - back when Claremont wrote the character. Did he appear with Danny Rand since then?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

WAs awesome, yes.

I guess what's implicit in my statement, does Master Khan play on some racial stereotype? As big a part of his old mythos that he's been, his absence is kinda odd. Especially since he'd be so easy to bring back

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    WAs awesome, yes.

I guess what's implicit in my statement, does Master Khan play on some racial stereotype? As big a part of his old mythos that he's been, his absence is kinda odd. Especially since he'd be so easy to bring back
    he follows the same stereotype as the mandarin. I think he's more a villian for Colleen because he mind controls her to fight danny at one point.

I loved the Namor series under Byrne, but when I was young and stupid, I dropped it when Lee took over the art. I just didn't like it at the time. I went back to the book after he left, and then decided to pick up the issues I had skipped, and realized I had missed out on a great story and some great art.

On topic though, yeah, I'd love to see Master Khan show up again in Iron Fist's book. His reintroduction in Namor was my introduction to the character, so this story holds a special place in my heart.